Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

List of airports with Premier security lines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

List of airports with Premier security lines?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2004, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG, Hilton
Phoenix (PHX) has a fast track security line for 2P, 1P, 1K, UGS and first class passengers for UA and US flights.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 12:08 pm

Programs: united premier exec, marriott platinum
Out of luck in OAK. Just one feeder line. Can be bad at certain hours, especially if a few of the hordes from T2 (Southwest) get wise and head on down to T1. Leave extra time, in any event.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
ANC has an elite line to the left of the id-check podium. Used for AS MVP and UA Premiers and up.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA1K,TG, Hertz5*, Marriott & Starwood Gold
Gold line at HNL

There is a Gold *G line in Honolulu. I noticed someting about premiers...Sorry it should be Gold and above! As with the 1k lite points, of which I agree in part. The real partons do at least 50k and with all the perks many under 25K flyers get to gold....Jive. Why should I, who makes 1K with my butt in a seat should not be put in line behind some perk watcher who doesn't know jack about being a traveler. Some premie wants to be in the same que with me for anything is just trying to clime thru the bathroom door.
Old Sep 2, 2004, 2:04 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Please keep comments civil and appropriate.

cblaisd
Moderator, UA
Old Nov 1, 2004, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by Jassy-50
SFO
The UA elite security line in SFO is just to the right (looking into the terminal) of the escalators going up to the people-mover and next to the elite check-in counters. I have heard that the elite line is sometimes closed, but it has been open every time I have been through lately. My guess is that they are closed during slow periods. I believe (but am not sure) that they are for F, C, *Gold and 1P and above only.
I was VERY UNHAPPY to find the elite line closed when I walking into the terminal at SFO @ 9:15pm. Apparently they do not operate an elite line before 7am (a friend of mine had a similar experience early a.m.) or after 6pm (per TSA employee). So plan on allocating an extra 10-15 min. for the checkpoint if you are travelling during those hours.

And 2Ps can definitely use the elite line (or at least I did the last time it was actually open) though ironically the elite line is sometimes longer during mid-morning hours.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 2:22 pm

Programs: CO Platinum, UA Premier, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
If you are in SEA, you can get a First Class sticker to use the express lines for AS, UA and AA.

Sometimes, when the ticketing agent forgets to attach it to the boarding pass, ticket jacket or other document and forgets to write down the date, you can use the sticker over again. I certainly have.

Since SEA is still under construction, they are actually allowing other elites to use the lines as long as you produce a card. They haven't been too bad about it at the B, S or A terminal gates. The witch at the express line for the D/N gates is too bipolar for the job. She only remembers the rules about 1/2 the time, and usually not in your favor.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 3:37 pm

Programs: Random acts of kindness and senseless beauty
Donning my flameproof suit...

While I would love to have an elite line at IAD, my rational mind feels there is something wrong with elite lines. TSA screening is a government service. Why should I get better service from a government agency because I bought an expensive ticket, got an upgrade, or flew a lot of miles on my airline of choice? I do enjoy the service, but I don't really understand why it is allowed anywhere.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA 1P (residual DL, US, AS), SPG
Originally Posted by Boraxo
Apparently they do not operate an elite line before 7am (a friend of mine had a similar experience early a.m.)
On my last three flights SFO-EWR at 8:30am, I arrived at SFO at 7am and walked directly through the other (third) security line closest to the International Terminal (entering T3 at Gate 75) It is not always open, but it is a breeze first thing in the morning...must just be opening at 7am. I was really surprised to see so many people both regular and Premium lines which put you in between Gate 71 & 73.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 9:18 pm

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Frankfurt transit to US has premier/biz/first security line. Landed late from Bangalore last week in Frankfurt. Would have missed my flight to SFO if I had to go through the regular line. As it was my bags missed the flight...

Robert
Old Dec 16, 2004, 11:06 pm

Programs: AA Gold, UA Base Metal, National Executive Elite, Safeway, Stop & Shop
SFO Elite Security Line

Originally Posted by Jassy-50
SFO
The UA elite security line in SFO is just to the right (looking into the terminal) of the escalators going up to the people-mover and next to the elite check-in counters. I have heard that the elite line is sometimes closed, but it has been open every time I have been through lately. My guess is that they are closed during slow periods. I believe (but am not sure) that they are for F, C, *Gold and 1P and above only.
While standing in the regular security line at UA SFO ten days ago with my Gold boarding pass at the ready for checking, a TSA employee pulled me out of a long line and sent me to the elite security line. I quickly pointed out I was a lowly 2P, but he said it was fine. And when I got there, the sign now simply reads "Premier" as well as the other usual elites. And there were no more than a half dozen others ahead of me.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Exclamation

Originally Posted by JohnnyP
Chicago O'Hare
Security area for B and C gates
First class, Premier, Premier Executive and 1K
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,2131,00.html says 1P/*G and above for ORD.

Originally Posted by yankeeclipper
While standing in the regular security line at UA SFO ten days ago with my Gold boarding pass at the ready for checking, a TSA employee pulled me out of a long line and sent me to the elite security line. I quickly pointed out I was a lowly 2P, but he said it was fine. And when I got there, the sign now simply reads "Premier" as well as the other usual elites. And there were no more than a half dozen others ahead of me.
Site also says 1P/*G for SFO, as you might know.

Is united.com out of date? (wouldn't be surprised) Have certain security lines besides MSP began to allow 2Ps such as myself?
Old Jan 23, 2005, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sometimes staff at airports with no elite security line can sorta make one for you.

Dec 27th. PVD (Providence, RI). A no elite security line airport.

Airport had been closed the evening before due to snowstorm. Reopens the next morning with all the folks from the flights canceled the day before and the heavy after-Xmas crowds that would normally be choking the place.

I know it's going to be a madhouse so I allow for arriving at the airport at 2 hours before flight time.

I'm literally next door at the Hampton Inn, and would have walked over if I did not have luggage this trip. So I take the Hampton's shuttle, which goes around to the entrance road which is around the corner in the opposite direction (in other words, 5x farther driving than just walking from the Hampton).

As soon as we turn into the entrance road we hit a solid stopped stream of autos. Accident up ahead. No way to turn around. No way to get around it. 20 minutes. 40 minutes. 1 hour. We finally arrive at 1 hour prior to my flight time.

Aaaak! Trouble. The security line is gi-moungous! Fills the whole lobby and then outside in the bitter cold! I ask a harried Skycap and he says "At least an hour and half." Yikes. I'm not so confident now.

Over to United. Huge line but Premier line is short. There's a young man directing traffic to humans or Easy Check-Ins up front. He asks me where I'm going. I tell him and he directs me to a Mister Easy Check-In. He sees me pull out my 1K Card to insert. "What's your name sir?" "Love," I respond. He looks at a small piece of paper and questions, "Mark Love?" Yep, that's me.

"Mister Love, let me put your baggage labels on for you and then you take your bags over to TSA. Once they are approved, come back and see me and we'll see about getting you right in through Security."

Okay. Did what he said and after the bags are gone I come back to him. "Follow me." He leads, I follow. I ask if they do this all the time. "No. But sometimes we do in special circumstances for our special customers. Today's a special circumstance and you're a special customer." Nice.

We go to the open door of a small office and there is a man in a nice suit...very polished...obviously some top honcho. They greet each other and my United guy sez, "I've got 5 today...is that okay?" The suit says fine and tells me to follow him. I say so-long to the United guy and Thanks. As we're walking the suit eyeballs my ticket and ID and then leads me right up to Security where one of his guys pulls back the rope for me and points me to the nearest X-Ray belt. I give a warm Thanks and Happy New Year to both, and I'm in with plenty of time to spare.

Can't tell you how much I appreciated what United did for this 1K Million Mile Flyer that day! I certainly felt elite.
Old Jan 23, 2005, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
That link also leaves out United Business passengers, but I've _never_ been denied access with a C boarding pass.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 10:16 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
What about JFK?

Are there elite security lines for UA at JFK? Sorry if this is posted already, but my search didn't turn up anything. Thanks in advance.

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.