Wiki Posts
Search

Thoughts on US codeshare vs. UX

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2004, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thoughts on US codeshare vs. UX

So here's the deal.. Going to MSY in June to visit some buddies.. 2 choices basically..

Outbound all UA mainline.. Good to go..

Return... US Codeshare or pay an extra $75 to go all UA with at least one leg on UX. The all UA mainline flights are even more than that unless I want to get in a midnight... Not so good when you have to be at work at 7 AM the next morning.

I'm curious.. Would anyone here actually pay that extra amount for at least 1 leg on UX and/or to avoid US?
Old Apr 28, 2004, 4:41 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
I would choose US in order to save the $75. The only downside is that those flight miles wont count toward the 10,000 to get the 500 milers. Additionally, as a 2P you can pre-reserve the exit rows on all US Airways flights.

Last edited by FightingIlliniUAL; Apr 28, 2004 at 4:54 pm Reason: grammar
Old Apr 28, 2004, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA GLD
I think I'd take US over UX anyday ... just get the exit row if you can ...
Old Apr 28, 2004, 7:24 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Thumbs up

Depends if it's Atlantic Coast UX or Air Wisc.? I like my UA miles and my status. Plus the CSA at BDL are great.
Old Apr 28, 2004, 9:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FightingIlliniUAL
Additionally, as a 2P you can pre-reserve the exit rows on all US Airways flights.
Well I decided to go with the US codeshare on the way back. I'm on UA down to MSY so all is still good.

I called US Airways and am now supposedly seated in exit rows on the return flight. Is there any way I can confirm this online? united.com tells me that I am still seated in the original seats. Does it just take a little while to propagate to the UA PNR or something?
Old Apr 28, 2004, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by BDLORD
Depends if it's Atlantic Coast UX or Air Wisc.? I like my UA miles and my status. Plus the CSA at BDL are great.
You earn both redeemable and status miles on US Airways, you have the ability to redeem miles on US Airways, and your status is dually recognized. You get priority boarding, elite check-in and use of the elite security line. Pretty much everything that you get on UA except for, like I mentioned above, except the ability for those flight miles to count toward the accrual of 500 mile upgrades.

Originally Posted by BDLMSYDL
I called US Airways and am now supposedly seated in exit rows on the return flight. Is there any way I can confirm this online? united.com tells me that I am still seated in the original seats. Does it just take a little while to propagate to the UA PNR or something?
Yes, your seat assignment will show up in about a week on United.com, however it wont be designated as an exit row, as UA wouldnt have that information.
Old Apr 28, 2004, 11:42 pm

Programs: US lowlife
Unfortunately no way to confirm online.

Originally Posted by BDLMSYDL
Well I decided to go with the US codeshare on the way back. I'm on UA down to MSY so all is still good.

Unfortunatley, there's no way to confirm this unless you call US. When I booked my UA MR I had booked on united.com with my MP#. I had two US segments and also decided to have everything credit to my US DM account, so I called UA first and they had changed my FF# in the PNR. I then called over to US to confirm my FF# was changed - I guess I was a bit quick as it hadn't propagated over yet. I did make seat assignments as I went from a base MP member to a US Silver. No problems.

I checked on united.com to see if this reflected. It never reflected any of the seat changes that I had made over the phone so I called both again and verified everything was ok - indeed it was.

When my flights came around, no problems. The seats were assigned as they should have, I cleared upgrades for the US segments during the 24 hour window, and my BP's printed out with my US DM# on it.

Best way to check - give a call. BUT call the appropriate airline for changes to the appropriate segment - UA can't help 100% for US metal flights and vice versa.

-JC
Old Apr 28, 2004, 11:51 pm

Thats interesting. My seat change appeared on the United website about a week after booking and subsequent seat change from the US 1.800 number. Could it be due to being booked aboard a US metal flight, under a United flight number?
Old Apr 29, 2004, 8:04 am

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Question

Originally Posted by FightingIlliniUAL
You earn both redeemable and status miles on US Airways, you have the ability to redeem miles on US Airways, and your status is dually recognized. You get priority boarding, elite check-in and use of the elite security line. Pretty much everything that you get on UA except for, like I mentioned above, except the ability for those flight miles to count toward the accrual of 500 mile upgrades.

Yes, your seat assignment will show up in about a week on United.com, however it wont be designated as an exit row, as UA wouldnt have that information.
What if it's a code share? Will you get the credit?
So what about US club access? Do they have a reciprocal deal with the RCC?
Old Apr 29, 2004, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by BDLORD
What if it's a code share? Will you get the credit?
So what about US club access? Do they have a reciprocal deal with the RCC?
Yes, you will earn United miles on all US Airways flights, barring the usual Priceline fares, award travel, some e-fares, etc.

RCC members are entitled to access to US Airways clubs.
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,1360,50079,00.html
The only catch, which has confused some, is that general US Club members generally do not have access to our RCC's. They must pay an additional fee on top of their Club fee to have access to the RCC's, barring an International ticket in C or F on United.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.