FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on US codeshare vs. UX
View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2004, 11:42 pm
jcooke

Programs: US lowlife
Unfortunately no way to confirm online.

Originally Posted by BDLMSYDL
Well I decided to go with the US codeshare on the way back. I'm on UA down to MSY so all is still good.

I called US Airways and am now supposedly seated in exit rows on the return flight. Is there any way I can confirm this online? united.com tells me that I am still seated in the original seats. Does it just take a little while to propagate to the UA PNR or something?
Unfortunatley, there's no way to confirm this unless you call US. When I booked my UA MR I had booked on united.com with my MP#. I had two US segments and also decided to have everything credit to my US DM account, so I called UA first and they had changed my FF# in the PNR. I then called over to US to confirm my FF# was changed - I guess I was a bit quick as it hadn't propagated over yet. I did make seat assignments as I went from a base MP member to a US Silver. No problems.

I checked on united.com to see if this reflected. It never reflected any of the seat changes that I had made over the phone so I called both again and verified everything was ok - indeed it was.

When my flights came around, no problems. The seats were assigned as they should have, I cleared upgrades for the US segments during the 24 hour window, and my BP's printed out with my US DM# on it.

Best way to check - give a call. BUT call the appropriate airline for changes to the appropriate segment - UA can't help 100% for US metal flights and vice versa.

-JC