E+ in advance

Old Apr 28, 04, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanum, Hilton Diamond
E+ in advance

I did a search and couldn't really find an answer to this so here goes.. I apoligize in advance if this has already been posted.

So I booked the family vacation this summer (3 of us).. Booked it back in Feb.. Here's the basic itinerary

BDL-IAD on ACA
IAD-LAS on TED

TUS-DEN on Mesa
DEN-ORD on Mainline
ORD-BDL on Mainline

I know the rules on E+ (only 1 companion).. Is there any possibility of securing E+ seats in advance at least on the Ted flight (especially since that's the longest)?

I would think one perk Ted could offer would be E+ for an additional companion (bringing the total up to 2 companions)... especially since Ted was supposed to be geared toward the leisure traveller.

Also, the ORD-BDL leg in Feb was an A320.. Now it's a 757, where seats 14BCD are in the last E+ row before Exit & E-. Will the computer change that randomly when it realizes that I'm the only elite in the reservation.

Btw, it's all booked on the same PNR.

Any thoughts?
Old Apr 28, 04, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
You can always call and ask. You might get a reservations agent who is willing to put all three of you in Economy Plus to save the Gate Agent the headache of trying to get you three seats together day-of-flight.

However, note that if for any reason the seatmaps get re-swept (flight change, aircraft change, etc.), the computers will cancel any E+ seating for unqualified (non-UA/Star Elite) passangers. So you will need to keep an eye on your seat assignments.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: