Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Received extra bonus miles from BankOne for no Reason

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Received extra bonus miles from BankOne for no Reason

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2004, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Thumbs up Received extra bonus miles from BankOne for no Reason

My United Visa miles posted today, and I received an extra thousand for no reason.

23-Apr-04 MP VISA/MASTERCARD BONUS-C 1000 1000

I have not upgraded the card or anything (plus that would be 5k) nor did I qualify for spend a thousand on United tickets so for those that have it, see if you also get this little gift from BankOne.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was this on the Credit Card or ATM/Debit Card?

For some reason, I've seemingly earned a number of unexpected presents on my ATM/Debit Card since opening it almost a year ago! No complaints here. ^
Old Apr 27, 2004, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

The credit card. United959, can you direct me to where I can get a MP visa debit card from I suspect bank one? I have been on their website and it doesnt say anything about it.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 5:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA MM/Premier Gold, Hyatt Globalist,Hilton Honors Gold, IHG platinum, Club Carlson Gold
Bank One assigns me a United Visa...

On a related topic....I applied for the United Mileage Plus card for the bonuses and no fee first year. I hadn't heard anything when I do my electronic banking and see it with my other Bank One account. Boy, that was quick. I hope they send me a card ......
Old Apr 27, 2004, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by anc-ord772
The credit card. United959, can you direct me to where I can get a MP visa debit card from I suspect bank one? I have been on their website and it doesnt say anything about it.
Pretty simple. Link's below, but if that doesn't work--you go to "Personal Finance" at the home page, then on to "Debit Cards."

http://www.bankone.com/answers/BolAn...PlusTHEONECard
Old Apr 28, 2004, 7:25 am

Programs: DL Plat, MR Gold (Lifetime), SPG Plat
Smile

Thank you for the info. I've never heard of the card and just upgraded my Debit Card this morning. I spend upto $2K per month on my debit card and this will add up to a TON of miles. Apparently they've had this for almost a year and I've never seen any info on this prior to this thread.

Thanks Again!!!
Old Apr 28, 2004, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Silly me

Silly me I remember that when I called in one time (about two weeksa ago) to ask to lower my APR the CSA told me because I called that day I would get 1,000 bonus miles.

If you call today and do something to your account they should ask you if you want that credit protect crap. They offer you a trial 30 days and will give you a bonus 1,000 for trying it. I still said no but if someone wanted some extra miles...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.