Wiki Posts
Search

Last 5 chits/Awesome FA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2012, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Last 5 chits/Awesome FA

My flight today was on a CRJ-200 so, I had one last shot (no pun) to redeem my remaining five drink chits. The FA was totally on board with just swapping them out for unopened bottles of my choice. She even made suggestions for premium choices just to be cool. Guy in the seat across from us thought we were real partiers. Mr's SGJazz and I drank two and left with a Baileys, an Absolute and a Kahlua.

Last edited by SGJazz; Jan 22, 2012 at 8:46 pm
Old Jan 22, 2012, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by SGJazz
My flight today from phx to lax was on a CRJ-200 so, I had one last shot (no pun) to redeem my remaining five drink chits. The FA was totally on board with just swapping them out for unopened bottles of my choice. She even made suggestions for premium choices just to be cool. Guy in the seat across from us thought we were real partiers. Mr's SGJazz and I drank two and left with a Baileys, an Absolute and a Kahlua.
I always love a flight when the FAs are onboard - pun intended - with your ploy.

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Jan 22, 2012 at 7:56 pm
Old Jan 22, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: MP Ag, former 1K
Perhaps there's a reason why UA includes those little business-card-sized feedback things that says "has a United Employee done something nice for you?"

Those feedback things come with the drink coupons - wonder why.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by davewang202
Perhaps there's a reason why UA includes those little business-card-sized feedback things that says "has a United Employee done something nice for you?"

Those feedback things come with the drink coupons - wonder why.
ahhhrrr haaarr - the penny drops for me
Old Jan 22, 2012, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Glad it worked out.

Unless someone from UA or UAX tells us this sort of thing is policy, please try to be discrete about posting the flight details.

No need to specify the route or date, otherwise UA may be able to identify the FA if this is something that's frowned upon.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Good thought. Done.

Originally Posted by channa
Glad it worked out.

Unless someone from UA or UAX tells us this sort of thing is policy, please try to be discrete about posting the flight details.

No need to specify the route or date, otherwise UA may be able to identify the FA if this is something that's frowned upon.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 9:32 pm

Programs: Freelancer
If I had to fly on a CRJ-200, those five drink chits would be gone and I would be leaving with no unopened bottles.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 6:24 am
Zip

Programs: UA-MM; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Happy Hour
If I had to fly on a CRJ-200, those five drink chits would be gone and I would be leaving with no unopened bottles.
Yes, that is the way to travel. But now, please tell me more about this 6-ft rabbit you've been talking about!!
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
maybe UA should give us little holograms to extend the date of remaining drink chits
Old Jan 23, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K AA EXP
Just and FYI: To the OP it is company policy that F/A are supposed to open the mini before giving it to you. So I would not be talking about getting unopened bottles on here as the F/A can get in trouble.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
To be honest, I never had a problem getting unopened bottles.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by CO777DAL
Just and FYI: To the OP it is company policy that F/A are supposed to open the mini before giving it to you. So I would not be talking about getting unopened bottles on here as the F/A can get in trouble.
Do they keep the cap?
Old Jan 23, 2012, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K AA EXP
Originally Posted by drewguy
Do they keep the cap?
Not most of the time. They just have to break the seal on it, to show it was opened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.