Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Missing Flight Segement - UA Claims I was not on plane

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2012, 6:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, UA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium

Last week trip is a multi-city with 6 segments. First 4 on UA metal, last 2 on CO. Fly PHL-ORD then ORD-MSP.

Go to check in next day for MSP-DEN, there is a problem. UA claims I did not fly ORD-MSP. I present boarding pass and great desk agent fixes the remainder to the trip as it has been zeroed out.

All the segments post except ORD-MSP. I try to correct this via the UA website and it is telling me that I did not fly the segment.

Does anyone have a suggestion to correct this problem? Do we now have to start taking pictures of ourselves in the seat to prove that we were on one of their plans.

Thanks in advance - Ross
Old Jan 22, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 2MM
If it can not be corrected on line you will have to call the MileagePlus desk. They will do it with out a hassle.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Do you still have the BP?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 9:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
This is why I keep boarding cards until the segments have all posted. We shouldn't have to do this -- it's 2012 for pete's sake -- anymore, but it's an old habit I picked up when I was flying NW a lot and they had... issues.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by Doug 1029
If it can not be corrected on line you will have to call the MileagePlus desk. They will do it with out a hassle.
Yes the last time this happened to me was on a day WX canceled many flights Into and out of DEN. UA invented a new flight number on the fly to COS and I did not initially get credit nor did it work online. I had to explain the situation but was credited that day. It is best to do this as soon as possible while M+ is able to confirm the circumstances.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, UA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Thanks for the responses. I do still have the BP. I keep them until they post.
I will try calling MP tomorrow and see if this can be corrected.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis First
Had a similar situation with regard to flight segments not posting. Website wouldn't take the info, so I called. Waited 8 weeks and was on the point of despairing and calling again (needed the segments for 1K) when they finally posted. Amusingly, about a week later, I got a letter in the mail denying my credit request, stating that the segments in question were not in a miles-earning fare class. These were CO flights, and what ended up posting to my account were in Y, earning 1.5x EQM/EQS.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:23 am
Suspended

I had a similar issue. I remember as I was getting on board I did not hear the normal "Beep" as they scanned my BP. I did not think much of it until I arrived in destination (FRA I think) I found that they had unloaded my checked bags and canceled my connecting flight. Ugh, that took some time to fix

Now when I board I listen for the beep ^
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:40 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Surftel
I had a similar issue. I remember as I was getting on board I did not hear the normal "Beep" as they scanned my BP. I did not think much of it until I arrived in destination (FRA I think) I found that they had unloaded my checked bags and canceled my connecting flight. Ugh, that took some time to fix

Now when I board I listen for the beep ^
Don't they normally do a passenger check over the PA system ("Passenger XYZ, please ring the bell if you're onboard") before they offload the luggage? I guess the gate agent didn't do that either.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Don't worry about it. Call M+ and tell them this:

"How can get to MSP without taking ORD-MSP and I can still earn MSP-DEN?"
Old Jan 23, 2012, 4:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PTahCha
Don't they normally do a passenger check over the PA system ("Passenger XYZ, please ring the bell if you're onboard") before they offload the luggage? I guess the gate agent didn't do that either.
no. Nothing. I think they were in a hurry.

They even canceled my return flight from Europe. It was a mess
Old Jan 23, 2012, 10:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Forget doing a page - what about the pax count/mismatch. If the bp didn't scan properly, and the pax not properly onloaded - wouldn't there be a mismatch between the numbers on the computer and the count they do onboard before departing?
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:43 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Forget doing a page - what about the pax count/mismatch. If the bp didn't scan properly, and the pax not properly onloaded - wouldn't there be a mismatch between the numbers on the computer and the count they do onboard before departing?
Quite. You'd think that apart from the customer service obligation to make good the considerable disservice done to the passenger, it ought to be in their own interest not to provoke the passenger into taking such a glaring security violation further to the FAA.

But I've never understood why possession of the BP would constitute proof that the segment was actually flown.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.