Wiki Posts
Search

INTL 763 AVOD Upgrade for Y Cabin

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2012, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-MP S, DL-PM, HHonors D, SPG Gold, Fairmont PC
INTL 763 AVOD Upgrade for Y Cabin

Does anyone have a rough timeline of when the existing UA 763 planes will get their AVOD upgrade to the Y Cabin. I know the domestic 763s getting refurbished for INTL service will receive AVOD in their reno process, but what about those that already have new F/J product? I think all the CO764s are supposed to be completed by this fall with E+ and AVOD in Y, so wonder if those will be a better bet for fall INTL travel?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
Originally Posted by trojo805
Does anyone have a rough timeline of when the existing UA 763 planes will get their AVOD upgrade to the Y Cabin. I know the domestic 763s getting refurbished for INTL service will receive AVOD in their reno process, but what about those that already have new F/J product? I think all the CO764s are supposed to be completed by this fall with E+ and AVOD in Y, so wonder if those will be a better bet for fall INTL travel?
As of right now, I don't believe UA has any plans to fit AVOD into the IPTE configured 763s.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-MP S, DL-PM, HHonors D, SPG Gold, Fairmont PC
Hmmm...I would imagine they would need to eventually if installing as part of the INTL refurb plan of the 14 existing domestic 763, simply for the sake of consistency within the fleet. Perhaps not a priority, but can't see why they would want passengers on some flights to have AVOD, and those on other INTL flights to have looped video, particularly on same model of aircraft. Acceptable during refurb process, not after.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 3:49 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Hmmm...I would imagine they would need to eventually if installing as part of the INTL refurb plan of the 14 existing domestic 763, simply for the sake of consistency within the fleet. Perhaps not a priority, but can't see why they would want passengers on some flights to have AVOD, and those on other INTL flights to have looped video, particularly on same model of aircraft. Acceptable during refurb process, not after.

If United isn't concerned about equipment swaps that downgrade C customers from lie-flat to the old-style chairs, they're not going to be very concerned about a passenger gettin gold-style IFE vs new in Y. Besides, isn't it likely that 767s, which are getting pretty old, are going to be thinned out as 787s arrive?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Why ? They don't have any plans on putting AVOD or even PTV in 744 or 2 class 777 in Y neither, so what's your point ?
Old Jan 22, 2012, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky

If United isn't concerned about equipment swaps that downgrade C customers from lie-flat to the old-style chairs, they're not going to be very concerned about a passenger gettin gold-style IFE vs new in Y. Besides, isn't it likely that 767s, which are getting pretty old, are going to be thinned out as 787s arrive?
I would imagine the older 767s will be the first to go once the 787's arrive. Spending money to improve Y AVOD would be pointless.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
763 IPTE was not in any plans for upgrade at all (except for winglets).

At the least, you have a PTV, compared to a big TV in 744.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.