Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

operational upgrade on a reward ticket? ever happen to anyone else?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

operational upgrade on a reward ticket? ever happen to anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2011, 9:58 pm

Programs: SQ PPS, *G, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I was on a reward ticket (mid con), and F was wide open. I simply asked at the gate, the agent said she'd see what see could do, and 5 minutes later, she handed me a new F boarding pass and thanked me for being a 1k. It was out of LAX, so even more surprising.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by HiggyPop
Took the red-eye last night from LIH to LAX. I got bumped b/c I was on a paid-fare through work. Mr. HP was on reward ticket. At check-in, first looked wide-open. At the gate, they called Mr. HP out and gave him the bump. Gate agent said that first had room and thanked Mr. HP for his loyalty (he's 1k). We thought this was great but were wondering if this has happened to anyone else? Must be a pretty rare occurance to not have enough elites on paid fares, but coming from HI, no surprise. Ended up taking off with 7 or 8 seats open in first.
I booked 4 award coach tickets JFK/LAX over the New Years holiday. I'm PremEx. I was with my wife and kids and wasn't paying attention when my name was called. My son said Dad, they just called your name.

I came back from the counter with 4 C seats. No biggie for me, but my wife, son, and daughter were pleased. <loves Op-Ups>.

HiggyPop, welcome to Flyertalk.

dh
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:54 am

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
my GM wife was on an XC award ticket from JFK-SFO-PVG... at the gate, was given op-up to p.s. F! as a bonus, her F ticket allowed her access to In'tl F lounge at SFO. talk about lucky!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.