Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Flight cancelled 3 months prior to departure -Please help me with my specific options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flight cancelled 3 months prior to departure -Please help me with my specific options

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2011, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

I don't think that's my point. As I see it, United can change anything they like as long as they accommodate me in a "reasonable manner". They best they can do for me is to have my family fly TWO days prior to our scheduled/confirmed and paid for reservations. I do not consider TWO days prior acceptable.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by miamihoosier
g_leyser, Thanks for the suggestion. I just called. No seats available for Mileage travel, UAL or CO on that date. I'll keep working. Interesting idea on the one-way. That might work. I could then buy a one-way on AirTran out of Indy. $308 one-way

SAT lawyer. Thanks. I just sent her a note.

Mike, I really hope to still resolve this in a reasonable manner. I realize at this point that there are no "seats" in the regular reservations available. If someone would of only handled this when the switch to the Continental aircraft was made, problem solved. At least call me personally to resolve the matter.
If you are going the one-way route you can go MDW-RSW on SWA on March 23 for $286 per person.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
You're correct. I can certainly get a refund. That might be what I end up doing. I really consider this similar to a denied boarding. Would that be ok to just get a refund. You're still stranded at the airport? No, the airline is required to get you to your destination in a timely manner and still owes you money or other compensation. Wouldn't that be great for oversold situations. Just refund the money to the people who are denied boarding and go on. That would cause a riot! Here, I purchased tickets 10 months in advance and now they want me to travel on a different day because they changed aircraft without any compensation???
This is not denied boarding. Denied boarding is when your flight operates and you're not on it. That is the critical difference. Your flight has been cancelled. For nearly all cancellations you're offered alternative flights or a refund.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Update: I'm not sure who or how, but my reservation is now changed back to the original March 23rd, but on a Continental flight. No seat assignments, but at least back on the same day! Thanks for all the suggestions and help.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 9:54 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
I love a happy ending
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: MileagePlus
Update: I'm not sure who or how, but my reservation is now changed back to the original March 23rd, but on a Continental flight. No seat assignments, but at least back on the same day! Thanks for all the suggestions and help.
Go to United.com (My reservations>Reservation details>Select seats) using PNR # or current ticket number. I looks like right now 27A abd 31B are the only seats available. I strongly recommend getting them now. As this flight is CO metal row 8,10,11,12,14 and 20 will open up 24 hrs prior to departure if availble. CO phone or airport agents may also be able to help with seat assignments. UA agents will not be able to assist until 3 March when SHARES is implemented at PMUA
Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:53 am
Original Poster

SFOFastAir,

Thanks for the advice. I didn't think about calling Continental. I just spend 14 minutes, getting cut off twice getting through to United India customer service. They said no seats were available. They suggested I don't worry about it. I have confirmed seats!!! They said the morning I check in, the customer service agents would be able to seat my family together. You gotta be kidding me... Anyway, I finally figured out to call Continental. First call, 10 seconds and talking to a great CS rep. She assigned four seats in the same row for my family. Also found out none of the TSA information transferred. Had to re-enter all family data, phone numbers and TSA information. Looks like my travel is finally looking up!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.