Wiki Posts
Search

problems with rebooked flight on ual.com

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, AA Silver
problems with rebooked flight on ual.com

This is more for future reference, as I don't expect the problems to be resolved before the flight, and I'm not that concerned either way. But my flight was cancelled today out of ORD due to MX and was rebooked for a flight tomorrow. This is the first time I can remember that my rebooking was an entire day later, so I never looked before. There's a lot of weird things about the rebooked flight:
  • The new booking shows the fare class as Y, but the original fare class was S. Not sure if the fare class matters, but it's interesting.
  • It never said "Upgrade: Waitlisted" for the rebooked flight. I tried the "Request Upgrade" option and it told me a complimentary was requested, but there online app doesn't show my name on the list and still no "Upgrade: Waitlisted".
  • I cannot seem to get my seat assignment to stick. There's only a couple aisle seats left on the flight and every time I try to select one of them it simply reverts back to "Select seats" when I go back to the itinerary.
  • Can't seem to complete checkin. It asks me to confirm the new booking every time, but when I try to continue it tells me check-in is not available for this itinerary.

I called reservations about all of the above, and was assured that I am indeed on the list (despite the app not showing my name) and I am assigned a seat. Hopefully the agent wasn't blowing smoke as I could get stuck somewhere in the back of E- in a middle seat.
Old Nov 30, 2011, 12:33 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.997MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by boilerla
[*]The new booking shows the fare class as Y, but the original fare class was S. Not sure if the fare class matters, but it's interesting.....
Not unusual to be rebooked into Y for irrops -- will likely received an EQM bonus and have higher upgrade priority

as far as the seating and checkin issue -- sounds like the record needs to be cleaned up, not unusual after an irrop
Old Dec 1, 2011, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Avis President's Club, IHG Platinum
FWIW

I've had two flights ORD-BOS cancel this year, one at each airport. Both times I was re-booked into Y. Both times I got an EQM & EQS bonus.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 1:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K
You will want to ask an agent at an airport to put you on the departure management upgrade list. It doesn't matter which airport - a good agent can do it from anywhere. If you don't see your name on the upgrade list at mobile.united.com, you probably also won't see it at the gate on the list that's used to upgrade you just before departure time.

I once had a BOS-IAD-ORD flight get cancelled for MX. I was originally upgraded into NF, but rebooked into full-fare F on a nonstop BOS-ORD. Very bizarre.

By the way, I might expect some change post March 2012. Some irrops may be less likely to be booked into Y/C/F -- possible outcomes include "the fare class originally booked", "the lowest fare class currently available", or ( ) "sorry, there's no availability, we can't rebook you".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.