Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Missing Flights to Sao Paulo Nov 23/24

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP Premier Gold (Life), Hyatt Explorer, Various other hotel FS pgms
Originally Posted by catocony
As of earlier this year, there was only one actual United employee in Brasil, and he's in Rio. Everyone else is a contractor, and they work a variety of airlines throughout the day.
Contractors are very common at foreign stations these days, but I believe there is always at least one bona-fide UA employee on duty at each station. You might not see them all the time, but they are there to handle exceptions and problems. I go into / out of GRU up to fourteen times per year and I can assure you that there is a UA employee there on duty.

But as far as my original point--that they will save money on ground staff if there are not flights in or out: I think my point is still valid whether they have employees or contractors. They are not going to pay contractors to come in twice each day for flights that don't fly.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 7:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
Was at GIG last night for UA 860. Talked to one of the GAs about the missing flights on Thanksgiving. She said it is something CO does and that there will also be 2 days at Christmas that the flight won't operate. It will operate New Years.

Last edited by qfrodo; Nov 29, 2011 at 11:52 am Reason: Fixed typo in flight no.
Old Nov 29, 2011, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA MP Premier Gold (Life), Hyatt Explorer, Various other hotel FS pgms
Originally Posted by qfrodo
Was at GIG last night for UA 869. Talked to one of the GAs about the missing flights on Thanksgiving. She said it is something CO does and that there will also be 2 days at Christmas that the flight won't operate. It will operate New Years.
Good to know as we will be heading to Brasil right before the Christmas holiday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.