Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Need help understanding upgrade process on CO

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat

1P, booked on CO flight ORD-SFO, now within 72 hours of departure.

There's been no sign of "upgrade pending" on .bomb, but my understanding was that's how it is for CO metal flights, but since I was able to choose an "extra legroom" row, this is supposed to signify that it recognizes me as elite member/eligible for upgrades (right?).

We've passed the 72-hour mark (my threshold as 1P, right?) and seat map shows 13 of 16 seats open in F, so I expected the upgrade to clear. But there's no sign of it.

If there were only 1-2 seats left, I wouldn't be surprised not to clear now, but with 13/16 available, I thought it would go through. What am I missing or what's probably going on?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K MM; BA Silver; Marriott Plat
There are some issues with certain flights due to the IT integration process:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/17342219-post220.html

Regardless though, the number of seats available in F has no direct bearing on the number that are made available for upgrade.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GLD, Bonvoy Titan, HH Dia, WoH Exp
If you don't get the upgrade ahead of time, just do a OLCI at T-24 and you should be added to the upgrade list and should get the upgrade eventually. However if you OLCI, you may not be able to change seat assignments after the upgrade until you arrive at the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.