Wiki Posts
Search

UX F class product?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
UX F class product?

Anyone have any info n a recent UX First class flight? preferably a crj-700.
My first flight in first on this type of aircraft is coming up and was wondering if anyone had any pics of the cabin/snack offerings and will we get a pre departure beverage? Thanks,
Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
I had a pretty lousy recent experience on a CRJ-700 YUL-IAH on 8/1. It was a Franken-flight so that might have made a difference, but I got a pretty awful snack box (said United on it but it did not match any of the snack box pictures in the in-flight magazine; it had no substantive food in it, besides olives if those count), Y mini-bottles of wine poured into a plastic cup (which they ran out of about halfway through the flight), and an F flight attendant who disappeared to the rear of the aircraft for the middle 2 hours of the flight (which probably didn't matter since they ran out of wine anyway). I can't remember if I got offered a pre-flight beverage, but I think so. Enjoy the flight!

Last edited by st530; Sep 14, 2011 at 7:24 pm
Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Uaflyer710
My first flight in first on this type of aircraft is coming up and was wondering if anyone had any pics of the cabin/snack offerings and will we get a pre departure beverage? Thanks,
Yes - PDB's are given on UAX flight.

On a CR7 (and E70), the A seat is by itself, and BC on the other side. CR7 has no overhead over the A side, E70 has one, but much smaller than on the BC side (due to the 1 seat vs. 2 on the other side). My favorite CR7 seat is 2A.

If you're on a shorter flight, they usually offer a packs of premium snack mix, on GoJet, they often dress up a cup and put them in there. Longer flights will get a snack box - I believe they are just for UAX flights, and seem to feature a mix of stuff from the snack boxes you can purchase on longer UA flights. I've also gotten hot towals on some of these flights, though no apparent pattern to why/why not. I find the service on SkyWest and GoJet (two of the three UAX carriers with CR7 aircraft) is almost always great.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3.2 MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, AA Exec Plat
I do have a pic of the snackbox but I don't know how to post it ...
Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Its noting to write home about.

It is far superior to regional Y, but inferior to mainline F.

You might get water or OJ as a PDB, or you might not, or you might get a drink choice.

You might get a breakfast box on a morning flight, or you might not.

You might get a bag of snack mix on a afternoon or evening flight, or you might not.

You might get a snackbox on a long (I think 2.5+hrs) flight (I think during mealtimes), or you might not.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:24 pm

Programs: Airlines: UA-CO, NH, AA, and DL Hotels: SPG, Accor, PC, and Marriott
Airlinemeals.net has some meals pictures about United Express snack boxes. They're okay for hunger pains; nothing substantive. DL knows how to do express meals with ovens on regional jets now. Granted I enjoy the extra room, nicer seats, and the snack on UA Express F, but it's nothing to be extremely impressed about and this type of service can be done better.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
If its an evening flight, in my experience, the bar may be almost empty.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:29 pm

I've been up front in the CR7 pretty often and it's not too shabby and surely beats Y. It's a 1-2 configuration with 37.0" pitch, 19.0" wide, all C/D seats have a larger center arm rest so one doesn't have to worry about an armrest hog, and all of the seats have the tray table stowed in the armrest. If you're travelling solo then the left side is nice because you get the advantage of a window and an aisle but keep in mind there is no overhead storage on the older aircraft and very limited overhead storage on the NG's. This is because the aisle is further left in First Class due to the 1-2 config; the rest of the aircraft has normal size bins on both sides after the aisle moves to the middle of the aircraft behind row 2. However, with a max of five other people joining you in the cabin the right side usually provides ample storage. Seat 1CD seems to have a little more leg room than 1A, 2ABC but there's no under seat storage as it's a bulkhead. Some people say that row 1 reclines more than row 2 because of the divider but I haven't noticed a difference. The divider between rows 2 and 3 is a solid bulkhead with a coat rack and hangars for your jacket. You (should) also get a hot towel service.

On most longer flights they'll offer either a breakfast or a regular United First snackbox; on shorter flights you'll get a couple packets of snack mix. As with mainline United First alcohol is complimentary and is very, if not exactly, similar to what is offered on mainline. All drinks are served in plastic or styrofoam as glass and coffee mugs are not used on eXplus. I know Skywest is offering BOB products for Economy via credit card purchase from the mainline snack box menu on longer flights. If the United First snack box doesn't fill you up or seem appetizing you can always ask for one of the other snack boxes. HOWEVER, I'm not sure if you would be able to get one of these without paying as I've heard mixed stories on mainline.

As far as the pre-flight drink service it's hit and miss. Sometimes I've had the obligatory "Juice or Water?", sometimes I've been offered nothing, and sometimes they will ask if you'd like anything from the full drink offerings.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by AerOklahoma; Sep 14, 2011 at 7:44 pm
Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Does it look similar to this?

Received this on my GoJet flight from PWM-ORD.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Does it look similar to this?

Received this on my GoJet flight from PWM-ORD.
That's it! You get that one except at breakfast time. Here's one for breakfast courtesy of airlinemeals.net and ande777emt
Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:38 pm

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
Its noting to write home about.

It is far superior to regional Y, but inferior to mainline F.

You might get water or OJ as a PDB, or you might not, or you might get a drink choice.

You might get a breakfast box on a morning flight, or you might not.

You might get a bag of snack mix on a afternoon or evening flight, or you might not.

You might get a snackbox on a long (I think 2.5+hrs) flight (I think during mealtimes), or you might not.
That sums it up. And you might get a very nice attentive 20-something flight attendant who monitors the cabin regularly, or you might get a nice 20-something flight attendant who serves a drink or two then spends the rest of the flight chatting with her coworker.

My favorite thing about the ex-plus jets is feeling the power on acceleration during takeoff, the turns during flight, and the privacy of 2A.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 7:49 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

I have been on a CRJ700 regularly for the last couple months. PDB is usually OJ and water but once in the air they are pretty receptive to adult beverages.

A few pet peeves....

In First there is "First Class" snack box. The box is way worse than the ones they sell in Y and if you want one from Y you have to pay. No changing snack boxes. As pointed out the olives are only edible thing in the box.

Also as noted. By 7:00PM the booze selection is usually weak so if you want a specific beverage I suggest you let the FA know so they don't sell all of what you want to the Y cabin.

The bathroom is in the very back of the aircraft. Plan your bio breaks accordingly b/c once they take that drink cart back to Y it is a real hassle to get them to drag the drink cart around to let you through. Plan on Y service taking an hour.

I have found that it takes 20 minutes or so of standing in the jet way to get your plane side checked bag back. Checking the bag in and collecting at baggage claim took the exact same amount of time or even less in some cases. YMMV.

Let me know if you have anymore questions....
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by auh2o
I have been on a CRJ700 regularly for the last couple months. PDB is usually OJ and water but once in the air they are pretty receptive to adult beverages.

A few pet peeves....

In First there is "First Class" snack box. The box is way worse than the ones they sell in Y and if you want one from Y you have to pay. No changing snack boxes. As pointed out the olives are only edible thing in the box.

Also as noted. By 7:00PM the booze selection is usually weak so if you want a specific beverage I suggest you let the FA know so they don't sell all of what you want to the Y cabin.

The bathroom is in the very back of the aircraft. Plan your bio breaks accordingly b/c once they take that drink cart back to Y it is a real hassle to get them to drag the drink cart around to let you through. Plan on Y service taking an hour.

I have found that it takes 20 minutes or so of standing in the jet way to get your plane side checked bag back. Checking the bag in and collecting at baggage claim took the exact same amount of time or even less in some cases. YMMV.

an hour for drink service? I fly on too many CR7s, and it's never taken an hour to do one drink run for Y. Maybe 30 mins, at the most, but it's usually around 20~.

As far as gate-checked bags, I always wait in my seat until all of the pax depart, or they start bringing out bags.
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by auh2o

A few pet peeves....

My flight is 3+hours , a question I had is if anyone has any pics of the seat? Also is there a place to keep my beverage without pulling out my tray table ? Thank you for all the replies ,
Old Sep 14, 2011, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My flight is 3+hours , a question I had is if anyone has any pics of the seat? Also is there a place to keep my beverage without pulling out my tray table ? Thank you for all the replies ,
Courtesy of JetPhotos.

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=469047&nseq=12

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.