Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice: Left iPad on United/Skywest Flight

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Bonvoy LT Titanium, National EE
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
For devices with a cellular transmitter, the IMEA is basically a serial number and the cellular operator will have that info. The OP's iPad, however, doesn't have that, but Apple should have a record of the serial number and who they sold it to.
Not to be nitpicky, but I think you mean IMEI
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:24 pm

Programs: UAL 1K/1MM, Go Zags!
Back in the day I lost 3-4 Palm Pilots (I said it a long time ago!) this way.

I'd drop it in the back pocket, get lost in my work project, then leave the plane and realzie I'd left another one onboard.

Never recovered a one...
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:33 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA Gold
I left my phone at a charging station in CCU once. I relized it was gone after I had boarded the plane, and an airline employee went back to the terminal to try to find it, but it was never seen again.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA*G, UA 1MM
I've left my Kindle on the plane twice in the last year. Both times UA called me to tell me they had it...once at IAD where they had it at the gate, and once at SFO where I picked it up from baggage services. Good reason to keep your mobile number up to date in your profile.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
I'd love to hear how a claim with Chase goes. I tried to file a claim for a total of $35 in merch that was left/lost on a plane.

Chase Purchase Protection excludes Common Carrier losses and refers you to their Baggage Claim coverage, offered by CHUBB. CHUBB requires copies of the airline's refusal to cover the loss, a police report and a few other pieces of paper. For $35 it wasn't worth it. It may be for an iPad, but expect to do a lot of legwork to get your benefit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.