Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

lst Time Purchased Intn'l Business ..questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: ual,aa

First time we've purchased UA international business seats thru SFO to CPH (Fare basis ZHNC52S..must be 'lowest' as we got a non-refundable fare). We fly on UA puddlejumper to/from SFO as part of this ticket, which offers no business class for this segment. All other segments (thru LHR) are business. Searched the boards and still not clear if we'll be able to use SFO red carpet lounge on return trip (with 4 hr layover) before boarding our economy seats on final segment. I'm thinking no..and from what I read won't miss too much...but still would be more comfortable. Thanks for any info.
One last question...checking thru seatguru.com to see if our plane is retrofitted (so far, no)...is that best place to check? Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2011, 11:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Welcome to FT! You will be able to use the RCC in both directions..just be sure to show your inbound business class boarding pass to the agent at the SFO RCC. Someone here will probably come along and say no you can't because technically the rules don't allow it... pay that no mind.. you will get in.

Yes keep checking the seat map for your flight vs Seatguru to see if your equipment changes to the new seats.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:11 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Except seatguru won't give you a clue if UA have switched the config, for that you have to check other places. Flight schedules on ualcargo.com are the best anyone has come up with here, but it is only available for the week before your flight.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 12:50 pm

on the IAD-BAH 777 route, it's hit or miss on the new config. The UA seat chart usually shows the old config even on flights where the new config is being used. So, be sure you know what your seat options are on both configs in case you need to change at the airport. I agree that you should have RCC access.
Old Jun 29, 2011, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ual,aa
Thanks all for the great information. Today I ran into an old friend who told me she retired from UAL as a gate agent. I asked her about using getting into red carpet lounge...and yes I can..it is supposed to be based on the international portion. Good. Now if only we'll get one of the newly configured planes! Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.