Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PerksPlus Premier or Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:20 am
Original Poster

PerksPlus Premier or Upgrades

I have 26,000 perkplus points set to expire this week plus another 40,000. Fly with United 4 or 5 times per year. Any thoughts on whether to go with 3 Confirmed Regional Upgrades (10k each) or go with Premier Membership (50k)?
Thanks for any advice you care to offer!
Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:35 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Moving to United Airlines section where there is a concentration of UA flyers who can advice on the most useful redemption.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
The Premier (2P) status will give you free Economy Plus seating, free checked bags, and a shot at UDU (Unlimited Domestic Upgrades).

IMO, I'd go with the status.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 12:20 pm

it depends on what your priority is.
I personally think it's better to take the upgrades based on the number of flights you take a year.

You will be able to use those points for upgrades to business/first class and then still reap the benefits of premiere security, baggae, etc.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 2:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by donnerparty
it depends on what your priority is.
I personally think it's better to take the upgrades based on the number of flights you take a year.
Agreed. For 4-5 trips/year the bags and E+ can be had reasonably cheap. Upgrades will be easier and more likely with the CR1s.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 7:23 pm

Programs: Delta PM Hilton Diamond Bonvoy Ti/LTP Hertz PC
Unless OP is booking well in advance or hunting down flights with positive NF space the CR1s may be difficult to use without status. I guess it depends on the route but I might go for the free E+ and other perks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.