Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Priority baggage comes through, but I don't know why

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority baggage comes through, but I don't know why

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2011, 8:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I don't think I've ever got a priority tag when not upgraded before check in on UA. For CO, yes, and for US, I think too. But not on UA.

On the other hand, I was upgraded last night into YYZ, and was pleasantly surprised to find my priority tagged luggage about third or fourth on the belt, behind only other priority tagged bags. I can't recall ever seeing priority tagged bags off the belt at YYZ first.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:08 pm

Did your actual baggage tag print with "Priority" pre-printed on it?

Originally Posted by Law Lord
Today marked my first UA flight in years - decades - geologic time - as a non-status flyer - and in a middle seat at that. (Okay, okay, United; I get the message; I'll fly more this year.) After years of getting the red PRIORITY stickers on my luggage, and having them ignored domestically, I was pleasantly surprised when my bag was the second one off a full PDX-IAD flight. Then I noticed that it had a PRIORITY sticker. Happy to get priority service, but I can't figure out why, though. Any ideas?
If your bag tag had a pre-printed "Priority" on it, then it has something to do with your reservation triggering the priority tag....if there's nothing indicated, the person who checked your bag was just being nice and tagged it priority for you....
Old Apr 30, 2011, 11:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Mark_K
Based on my experience, I'd say that the facts your bag came off early and it had a priority sticker on it were unrelated.
On my last 4 domestic flights in the past few weeks, my priority-tagged bag has ranged from 1st to 3rd off the belt.

Given that I rarely check bags I don't know that it's normal, new, or just luck...
Old May 1, 2011, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2021-22-23-24;Formerly a longtime UA Premier Exec; NW silver (legacy), Alaska Gold (way back)
On my flight into PDX yesterday, when I had a paid upgrade and got the orange priority tag as a result, my bag was 10th off the carousel, and the first 15 bags were all priority-tagged, which impressed me -- it's a welcome contrast to the baggage claim of a few years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.