MPD281 - Special bonus for elite members

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:56 am

Location: NRT/HND, IWK, SAT, BWI, NAP, OKA, AUS, DEN, COS and PUB
Programs: UA 1K.. 1MM
no dice for me My Promotions is sad and empty
Old Apr 5, 2011, 12:59 am

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
Not for me. Actually, nothing for me for a long time....
Old Apr 5, 2011, 4:13 am

Programs: VA Gold, UA, SPG Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Ambassador
Oops...did not work for me

"This promotion is not available or an error has occurred. Please try again later or contact Mileage Plus Customer Service for assistance locating this promotion."

And on my Promotions page: "At this time we do not have any promotions available for you. "

Disappointed because I fly from my home airport this week and would like to pick up a few extra miles on top of the 25K+ I am flying this month
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:50 am

Programs: UA-1K >1MM ,QF Platinum,HH-Diamond,Marriott-Gold
Did not work for me
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:57 am

Programs: UA Plat 2.2MM, AA nobody, IHG Gold, HH Silver
Nothing appeared for me either.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:02 am

Programs: UA 1P, Marriott Silver, and HH Diamond
No love for me either

Nothing on the promotions page and I got an error when I tried to direct register. Oh well no bonus for my flight on Sunday then.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 8:25 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by kb1992
Not targeted but successfully registered.

Will fly tomorrow. We'll see if previously ticketed trips count.
You should check under my promotions to see if it's listed or if it shows up in a few days as perhaps you were in fact targeted but it hasn't shown up in your promotions yet as that happened to me in the past.

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Not targeted, and got this, as expected..

This promotion is not available or an error has occurred. Please try again later or contact Mileage Plus Customer Service for assistance locating this promotion.
No joy for me in my promotions either . Perhaps United finally "got it right" where it won't let you register for a targeted promotion as opposed to in the past where you could register for anything whether you were targeted or not .

Originally Posted by mherdeg
I like that the promotion page asks for your "Miles Plus number". Is that the new name for the merged frequent flyer program?
The way UA's i/t fncn works , it wouldn't surprise me if it does come to that and they "let the cat out of the bag by mistake"
Old May 11, 2011, 4:42 pm

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
My wife got it and does not work for me

She has hardly flown in a year. I think they need people back because recently I'll swear that traffic is down. Signs of a double miles offer coming up - we all hope?? As for the measley 1000 miles bonus. Reminds me of that old joke. What do you take us for United? United - we've established that Mr/s FF, we are now just haggling about the price....
Old May 11, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, FPC Premier
any idea how UA picks targets for these promos? i never get anything (
Old May 11, 2011, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS/1K MM, Delta Plat, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold
Bzzzzzzt

but I don't feel rejected...
Old May 19, 2011, 11:48 am

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
Bonus is valid on CO roundtrips but I would rather use my CO number (now matched to Platinum) for those. Is there a parallel bonus for CO accounts?

I suppose I could switch every segment to my UA number at the gate but that sounds like too much trouble for 1,000 bonus miles.
Old May 20, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: DL-PM | UA-1K | HH-Gold
Originally Posted by LAX UA 1K
Bonus is valid on CO roundtrips but I would rather use my CO number (now matched to Platinum) for those. Is there a parallel bonus for CO accounts?
I don't think this was asked yet, sorry if it was, but if I fly a split itinerary will it count? I have UA metal LAX-IAD-RIC and then CO metal RIC-EWR-LAX next weekend.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 2:27 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Did these just start posting for anyone else? I have a bunch of extra miles that just posted and I'm trying to figure out what they are... and I'm must now noticing all of these bonus postings for the past few months. They are dated along with the original itineraries, so it's hard to say when they posted. I know they weren't there a couple days ago...
Old Jul 11, 2011, 6:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by JonathanIT
Did these just start posting for anyone else? I have a bunch of extra miles that just posted and I'm trying to figure out what they are... and I'm must now noticing all of these bonus postings for the past few months. They are dated along with the original itineraries, so it's hard to say when they posted. I know they weren't there a couple days ago...
Mine just posted for May June flights. I checked last night and they weren't there so must have been an overnight sweep. Bonuses were odd amounts: 500, 334 and 250
Old Jul 11, 2011, 6:55 am

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
Originally Posted by SGJazz
Mine just posted for May June flights. I checked last night and they weren't there so must have been an overnight sweep. Bonuses were odd amounts: 500, 334 and 250
Yeah, I got the same amounts as well... then I figured out that the 334 bonuses were posted on itins with three segments total so the final would equal 1000 (or close to it). Good for an extra 2 bonus miles! lol

I suspect if anyone had an itin with a total of 5 segments the amount would be 200 mi for each segment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.