Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Mileage Plus Shopping Toolbar

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2011, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Working for me as well...I mean at least I can log in.

Under the "my shopping account" link, there is still NO activity listed, even though I have used the site multiple times for purchases over the past several weeks. I really wonder if I am going to see miles post for all these purchases. In checking my M+ account, I have not received miles for any purchases made on the mall since Sept. 22.

Anyone else having this problem?

The "view purchases prior to September 28" link shows my activity before the non-enhancements took place.

Last edited by goodeats21; Oct 22, 2011 at 11:26 am Reason: added text
Old Oct 22, 2011, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by thelostshark
Well, my 100 miles posted (earned from searches in August with the old toolbar) today or yesterday. That was the first month I used the UA toolbar. So far so good. tls
Wow, you got your full 100? Good for you. ^ I only got 79, even though I earned 100 and have the screen shot to prove it. Although of course I have no idea who I'd prove it to, since they have changed vendors. I'm probably just screwed out of these, along with all the others vanished into thin air.

Hopefully the new toolbar will work better, although no one will know since it doesn't show you what you have earned. I wonder if that was part of the reason for the design that way...

FTF
Old Nov 15, 2011, 6:34 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
Yes, I was pretty amazed to get the full 100, exactly as it was supposed to work. This month I should, if things continue to work smoothly, get another 100 from the old toolbar, and then next month we'll see how the new toolbar works ... tls
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:35 pm

I'm surprised no one else is having issues with the toolbar. I found it to be an atrocity. Firefox went from running perfectly fine and averaging about 500-800mb memory at any given time to lagging and freezing up if I had more than 3 tabs open at a time and using as much as 1.5GB of memory with the toolbar installed and running.

Maybe it was conflicting with another add-on, but I just thought it was crap and not worth the trouble.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by deezl
I'm surprised no one else is having issues with the toolbar. I found it to be an atrocity. Firefox went from running perfectly fine and averaging about 500-800mb memory at any given time to lagging and freezing up if I had more than 3 tabs open at a time and using as much as 1.5GB of memory with the toolbar installed and running.

Maybe it was conflicting with another add-on, but I just thought it was crap and not worth the trouble.
new DL toolbar failed on every update of FF so I had to reinstall and then of course that reset the 30 day promo clock.

The UA one worked ok but I DO NOT expect to actually ever see my miles from downloading it and completing the purchase requirements.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Platinum, Accor Silver, Choice Privileges Gold
It's been 6 weeks (just over) since I downloaded the toolbar and did my first search (and since then I've done many searches), and still no 500 miles. I just shot UA an email asking about it. tls
Old Dec 27, 2011, 11:29 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
It's been 6 weeks (just over) since I downloaded the toolbar and did my first search (and since then I've done many searches), and still no 500 miles. I just shot UA an email asking about it. tls
It's been over 10 weeks now and still no sign of the 500 miles. Funny thing is my dads acct is 5 miles shy of 65000. I will need to find a way to get an est 5 miles (tried to buy sth from the mall but that never posted), redeem it, then so long united!
Old Dec 28, 2011, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iwls01
It's been over 10 weeks now and still no sign of the 500 miles. Funny thing is my dads acct is 5 miles shy of 65000. I will need to find a way to get an est 5 miles (tried to buy sth from the mall but that never posted), redeem it, then so long united!
Rely not on anything except dining. Its the best and safest fastest way.

Set dad up w a ua dining acct. If hes not already a member, there will maybe still be that promo that awards one with 1000 miles for doing first dine.

Add one of your own ccs or debit cards to his new dining acct. Go make the promo spend and if you have no current dining plans, call or visit a favorite spot and ask for a cert for whatever ammt. Have them mail it if need be. Pay w said card on file.

Voila! Within a couple weeks you should see the dining miles post and if you follow the steps on the promo, you may get the bonus 1k too!

Btw the moment youve used your card to pay for dining, you can remove it and he can put in his own cards and use or never use this. But the fact is you will have brought him to a decent award level and them some.

I just did the exact same thing w my wifes dl acct. She had no dl dining acct so as we speak i just gotta go spend $25 somewhere and will possibly go out to eat this week. If not ill get a cert too.

I helped a friend whos aa was going to expire by doing this. He loves this certain japanese place on the dining list so since it was his birthday last week, i got him certs there and saved his aa at the same time. Just needed his aa number not his pin.

I got some august ua tb searches on yahoo finally posted in my ua acct in late dec. 8 yahoo search miles. No clue what i even did in aug. But i had downloaded the new tb and finally got the october miles from what i bought and then 500 miles for the download. Am still expecting the 1500 miles for the mid oct spend.

Ua often has records of mileage postings they can see but we cant. Its a glitch in their system so you need to suffer thru calling them to ask if they have received miles.

Or, email cartera and find csm petra wise or her boss moe blaustein to ask where your miles are. Carteras website has a direct phone number in the 781 area code and from there, i suggest making up any extension to try to reach a live person. Then make up that you must have reached them by mistake and can they please transfer you over to one of those people. I cant remember if extensions there are 4 or 3 digits.

Id post more but im typing all this from my phone.

In any case, no matter what you do... A promo, a tb download or search, a dining set up like i outlined above.... ALWAYS keep detailed screenshots and other records. Pdfs, emails, names, times, numbers... Failure to do so is how and why all marketing companies win.

Good luck!
Old Dec 29, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: UA LTP, AA LTG, DL Plat, Marriott LTT, HH Diamond
[QUOTE=Marathon Man;17702806]Rely not on anything except dining. Its the best and safest fastest way.

[other stuff]

Btw the moment youve used your card to pay for dining, you can remove it...
QUOTE]

I yield to no one in my love of the dining programs,^ so I'd second Marathon Man's sentiment and recommendations, but I'd suggest one small modification in the above plan. I would suggest not removing the card until you see the credit post on the dining plan page (which is earlier than it posts on United, of course).

Reason: I'll say up front don't know exactly what would happen if you just delete the card, but I do know if you switch the card to another airline's dining program a day or two after the dine, it shows up on the second program, rather than the one you had it on when you ate. (Yes, I've had it happen - once intentionally, once otherwise.)

So if these miles are important to you, I'd leave that card where it is for the couple of days untl the credit is assured.

FTF
Old Dec 29, 2011, 2:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=FullTimeFlyer;17711483]
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Rely not on anything except dining. Its the best and safest fastest way.

[other stuff]

Btw the moment youve used your card to pay for dining, you can remove it...
QUOTE]

I yield to no one in my love of the dining programs,^ so I'd second Marathon Man's sentiment and recommendations, but I'd suggest one small modification in the above plan. I would suggest not removing the card until you see the credit post on the dining plan page (which is earlier than it posts on United, of course).

Reason: I'll say up front don't know exactly what would happen if you just delete the card, but I do know if you switch the card to another airline's dining program a day or two after the dine, it shows up on the second program, rather than the one you had it on when you ate. (Yes, I've had it happen - once intentionally, once otherwise.)

So if these miles are important to you, I'd leave that card where it is for the couple of days untl the credit is assured.

FTF
+1.

Def leave the cc there til the miles post if u can.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 2:58 pm

Programs: Celebrity Elite Plus, RCCL Diamond, Princess Platinum, Carlson Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Nothing came up on a "Groupon" search here, but I've had excellent results using the MPShopping "Mall" for all my Groupon purchases -- it's up to 12 miles per $1. (was 6 previously). Takes a few days to post, but adds up pretty quickly if you're a regular Groupon user.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 11:28 am

So has anyone gotten their 500 miles yet? UA replied to my email by saying they weren't the correct company to contact, and by providing me an email address for another company to send my inquiry to (something strange domain like brainlogistics.com??? that could be wrong; don't have the emai anymore). So I shot them an email, and never heard back.

Then, I contacted customer care for Mileage Plus Shopping through their web site, and received the following: "Unfortunately, it is too soon for your miles to post. Please allow 8-10 weeks from the time the promotion ends (11/11/2011) for bonus miles to post to your account. If, after 8-10 weeks, the bonus miles have still not posted to your account, please contact Customer Care with the information for your qualifying purchase."

Soooooo .... 10 weeks from Nov. 11 is Jan. 20, and I'm waiting until then to contact them again. But the last sentence about the "qualifying purchase" seems a bit ominous. The T&C at the download said you could purchase *or* search. And I've done a bunch of searches, but had no purchases. tls
Old Jan 3, 2012, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had to work for it but I may be getting some of this...

In Oct I had downloaded the new UA TB (now called a shopping assistant) and did the activity of both downloading it and doing a $125 spend on it during a period of time in Oct. I did $125 of SamsClub gift cards as my spend and later found that there had been some glitch (surprise surprise) with these systems and their ability to credit miles to users like me.

Later, the miles would come through and I was joyous... The miles for the GC purchases have in fact come through and now sit in my MP Shopping account waiting to move to UA some day. I do see a transaction dated 12/21/11 (strangely, also the activity date of this is 12/21, not mid Oct when I actually did it) and it says 500 miles for the TB download. I guess the 1500 more miles for the $125 spend will show up later. I do hope so.

All in all I recommend no one in this thread ever rely upon or buy or download another thing from the MP mall ever again. I know I wont.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 10:50 am

I hear ya. I did two months of searches under the old UA toolbar, and did receive 100 miles for each month. No miles for searches since then, even though we're still supposed to get miles for searches. Another "improvement" to the system. I've stopped using it, and other than chasing down my 500 miles for the download, am done with them. tls
Old Jan 6, 2012, 4:53 pm

I can't believe this, but I received the 500 miles for downloading the toolbar today. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.