Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

March 2011 - ual.com now allowing online booking of LH awards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

March 2011 - ual.com now allowing online booking of LH awards

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: SPG, MR, Aeroplan, UAMP, BAEC
One-way *A Award

And, UA now allows one-way *A award ticket. I suppose it's new feature too.
http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,53698,00.html
Old Mar 11, 2011, 6:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA LT Plat 2MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Oorinara
And, UA now allows one-way *A award ticket. I suppose it's new feature too.
http://www.united.com/page/article/1,,53698,00.html
been around about 6 months http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...available.html
Old Mar 12, 2011, 7:31 am

Programs: UA Gold (Million Miler), FI Gold, Bonvoy Titanium
I was excited but there are glitches which I do not think are Starnet blocking.

The ANA tool shows LHR-MUC-TBS available 07SEP - 11SEP. All is on LH, no codeshares. .bomb gives the error message "we could not find Saver award seats on our online Star Alliance partners." It will show me LHR-MUC but not the TBS part. Anyway I'd rather do OS on this route, but my point is that I'm sure that TBS isn't the only problem city.

Oh, and TBS is Tbilisi. I know we don't see it often on this forum, but it's a lovely place, and an extremely good-value use of an intra-Europe award.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Partners bookable on ua.com

Sorry if this is a double post, I quickly looked thru the previous three pages.

It looks like LH has been added to the partners that can be booked online.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 13, 2011 at 9:11 pm Reason: moved into existing thread
Old Mar 15, 2011, 1:19 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Thumbs up Lufthansa Awards now bookable online

Details here: http://www.united.com/page/article/0..._LH_Star_Award

After doing a few dummy bookings it looks like there is pretty wide availability. Could this signal an end or at least reduction in the starnet blocking policy?

Last edited by UnitedF1RST; Mar 15, 2011 at 1:27 pm Reason: moved into existing thread; edited to be part of existing thread
Old Mar 18, 2011, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Thumbs up LH awards bookable on .bomb now

Hey all,

Didn't see a thread on this in my search, but when I logged in to check my mileage balance today, there was a notice that LH itineraries can be booked online now.

http://www.united.com/page/article/0..._LH_Star_Award

Originally Posted by .bomb
It's easier than ever - book online when you're planning an award trip with select Star Alliance airlines, including Lufthansa
Good news! ^

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 18, 2011 at 6:04 pm Reason: moved into existing thread
Old Apr 11, 2011, 4:12 pm

Programs: CX DM, DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I scored a round-trip LH First Class ticket between North America and Europe for later this year, but there was a problem after the online booking process. Here was what happened.

Once I finished the booking through .bomb, I received the email with all the information (record locator, flight information, 135,000 miles will be deducted, and tax will be charged to my credit card). Also, it indicates that my reservation is still in process, I will get another mail to confirm my reservation and ticket number. Later, I checked my M+ website and found out only 105,000 miles deducted and showed "STAR NORTH AMERICA TO EUROPE BUSINESS."

I thought I probably did something wrong online. Called 1K and told agent this situation. She checked my reservation and said it was for sure booked into LH First Class Award (O). She put me on hold and talked to M+ I guessed. When she came back, she said M+ has no clue how this happened. The solution is to cancel the original ticket and rebook a new one. 1K agent told me that there are still F award availability on my flight. Then, she booked a new award ticket for me.

The 105,000 miles back to my account 72 hours later (yesterday). Refund probably needs to wait a little bit longer. The charge showed up on my credit card online statement now. It probably will take a little longer to process that.

Not really a big deal though. Took me about 30 minutes talking with 1K agent to sort things out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.