Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Up to 2,500 Bonus Miles - American Cellars Wine Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Up to 2,500 Bonus Miles - American Cellars Wine Club

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by exerda
I'm not sure the second set are worth what they charged (around $13/bottle IIRC) as I could probably find comparable wines at that price locally without paying shipping, although I would say they were better than the initial shipment's wines.
That's simply poor marketing on their end. If the initial wines had been better, I would have stuck with it. I thought they were about right at $7/bottle, but I wasn't about to pay twice that for that quality.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 3:43 am
RNE

Originally Posted by toos
I called both United and American Cellars Wine Club. They said if I canceled now I would lose the 2500 miles.
Originally Posted by RNE
We'll see about that.
As I said, one can cancel immediately after receiving the first shipment and still get the miles...but one may have to "remind" them—as I did yesterday. Here's an e-mail I just received from Vinesse...

Hello RNE, I have made sure the 2,500 United Miles were uploaded to your account and it may take up to 4 weeks to show on your account. Please let me know if you need anything else. Thank you. [name withheld]
^
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:13 pm
RNE

Feb. 17, 2011 Vinesse Wine Club Enrollment 2,500 ^
Old Nov 29, 2011, 1:21 pm

Sorry to rehash an older thread, but I was wondering if anyone successfully joined the wine club through both United and Continental and had gotten miles for both?
Old May 1, 2012, 9:40 am

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
Vinesse Wine Club

Yu can now get 5K points on Amtrak for joining this club. Not sure about the quality of the wine.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 7:52 am

There are about as many reasons to sign yourself up for a wine club subscription as there are reasons to drink wine. Deciding what type of wine club to join and then which specific wine club to purchase can be a daunting, but ultimately rewarding experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.