Search

Turkish Air Miles: time to post?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2008, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
Turkish Air Miles: time to post?

Hi all,

Dunno if the search feature is screwy or it's just my connection in Tajikistan.

I am still waiting for my TAS-IST TK miles to post to my UA account. This flight took place June 10. I sent in the boarding pass, followed up with two phone calls, and was told that they are waiting for TK to confirm that I was indeed on that flight. I also was told to give them another 60 days from my last phone call before I followed up again.

How long does it usually take for TK miles to post?

I am wanting them because those miles + my return trip from Central Asia = Premier (I would be level higher but for those 6 legs on NW/KLM before the company switched carriers on me....grrrr). So I kinda really want them

Do you think they'll bump me to Premier prior to getting confirmation from TK if I ask really nicely? I have another trip on UA to Tbilisi next month, and want my status to be firmly in place prior to that trip.

Many thanks,
V
Old Sep 13, 2008, 9:28 am

You may ask in nicest possible way, but still they won't bump you up before they receive confirmation from Turkish.
Also, before you take it any further, please check fares of your flights. From your post is difficult to establish if your flights would earn you any mileage. If you bought cheap fare ticket (X,I,O,Z,R,A,N or P) you'll get no miles credit at all.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DogHead
You may ask in nicest possible way, but still they won't bump you up before they receive confirmation from Turkish.
Also, before you take it any further, please check fares of your flights. From your post is difficult to establish if your flights would earn you any mileage. If you bought cheap fare ticket (X,I,O,Z,R,A,N or P) you'll get no miles credit at all.
Thanks for the advice. It was an H fare, so it should post. I'm wondering if it's being new to *A that is taking so long, or whether it's just the whole "Ottoman time" thing. I can potentially fly through IST on a lot of flights, but between the narrow bodies and the ages it takes for miles to post, I may go out of my way to take other itins....
Old Sep 13, 2008, 12:07 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS, SPG Gold
I took 2 flights with Turkish Airlines in July 2008. They posted within 3 days.
My BP's indicated my UA Gold status.

Last edited by harry5198; Sep 13, 2008 at 12:07 pm Reason: typo
Old Sep 13, 2008, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, that is a great data point to have.

Unfortunately, I had a paper ticket and there was no way to add my FF# in Tashkent, so I had to request the mileage. Now I will be sure that my travel agent adds in my FF info in well ahead of time.

Guess I will just have to wait....though I will make another follow-up call when my 60 days are up.

cheers.
Old Sep 13, 2008, 9:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Exclamation You could grow old waiting on TK

I had business class JED-IST-FCO, return, flights back in April with TK and have still not received miles. Frankly, I find TK ABSOLUTELY incompetent and will avoid them whenever possible.

Originally Posted by big V
How long does it usually take for TK miles to post?

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Sep 13, 2008 at 9:52 pm Reason: fix html
Old Sep 13, 2008, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA ex-1K (now nothing), Hilton Gold
I flew IST-ADB-IST on TK about 3 weeks ago, and as mentioned by another poster, I made sure my BPs showed my *G status. The miles posted to my UA account within 2 days (500 each way!)
Old Sep 14, 2008, 5:25 am

Programs: UA 1P
Requested a flight credit recently for a TK flight which posted in 2 days.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 1:41 pm

Programs: BA GfL
I'm having a major problem getting one TK flight to post to my UA account. Oddly, the flight that's not posting is just one out of the four TK flights I took on a recent itinerary--the other three posted with no problems. The one that didn't, of course, is by far the largest mileage --IST-CPT, a routing that TK only recently added.

I have sent the documentation to UA, including the full receipt and my BP. They tell me that they sent it on to TK once and that TK denied it--no idea why. I told them to re-send, and later realized that they might have been transmitting the wrong ticket number to TK, whereupon I told them to re-send with the correct number.

The flight was way back in March. All of these conversations with UA occurred in April and May. Can anyone help me to understand what might be going on here, and when I can hope for the miles to show up?

The only thing I can think of is that whoever is reviewing the claim at TK does not realize that their airline actually flies to CPT!
Old Jun 22, 2009, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

travelmad478, keep persisting. I didn't get my TK June flight miles credited until December. For some reason, TK either never responded to UA's repeated requests to verify those miles or denied them. I actually spoke to a MP customer service rep at one point to be like "what the hell??" and all she could do was say it's up to TK.

I must have requested those miles 5-10 times. But I finally got 'em. Needed 'em to make 1P. It was worth the hassle.

Another data point: My Bishkek-IST TK flight on 6/6 did not post. After 15 days, I requested it online. Got it the next day. I nearly soiled myself. And the TK IST-TBS leg posted immediately after the flight. Go figure.

All I can say is bug them monthly until you get them, and start getting aggressive if you're nearing the end of the year and you still haven't gotten them. Worked for me.

GOOD LUCK!
Old Jun 22, 2009, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Thanks, big V, I will persist. I have already talked to three UA CSRs and none of them can see why TK would deny the claim. This trip involved four flights: DXB-IST, IST-ESB, ESB-IST, and IST-CPT. The first two flights posted automatically, no problem. The third posted a few days after I made an online claim. The fourth flight, which was on the same day as the third--with both BPs printed at the same time by the same agent--has never posted. Hence my confusion!

I don't think I am clearing any status hurdles with this flight, but the mileage is significant, so I am not going to just let it go.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 4:08 pm

Turkish Airlines miles posting to MP account

I just flew from TBS-IST-ORD on TK, and I called both TK and UA multiple times to confirm that I will get miles for the flights. TK wasn't very helpful, but they confirmed that they had my MP number on record. The TK check-in agent in Tbilisi didn't know how to confirm if they had my MP number, but I assumed it would be recorded anyway as I had confirmed it earlier.

I landed in ORD, and called UA during a layover to claim my miles. They said the miles will post in 14 days (or 30-60 days, I'm not sure; The person at the call center didn't speak English very well). Now I just hit the 25k miles mark with this last flight, so I have a couple of questions:

1. I'm planning a vacation on 1/10, and I was planning on buying two one-way tickets with my miles. Does anyone have any idea of whether or not the miles will post in time to get saver awards?

2. If they don't post by 1/1, will I still get 2P status for 2011?
Old Dec 20, 2010, 4:16 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
posting time for TK miles have been hit & miss
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...time-post.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...d-threads.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...g-problem.html
other will need to provide more recent data

Delayed posting still should credit based on date flown, not date actually posted
Old Dec 20, 2010, 8:10 pm

It took a few days for me. Just save everything in case you need to mail or fax it in. You flew in 2010, so the flight should credit towards this years total.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/turki...ip-report.html
Old Dec 27, 2010, 2:46 pm

No UA credit for Turkish Air Flight IST to IAD?

Hello all -

I'm a new Premier Exec and lurker here at FT. I didn't get UA credit on a Turkish Air flight from Istanbul to Dulles. I did get UA credit for the other four segments of the trip, but not that leg. Today I got a letter indicating the segment wasn't eligible for Mileage Plus miles - anyone every heard of this? Or have any ideas as to how I might get credit for these miles?

Thanks,
LC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.