Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Three United offers reserved just for you

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2004, 12:27 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by davesfolhr

I was one of those targeted for this excellent offer.
Does this only work for those "targeted"? Can one just register for it? I need 6K miles this year to get to 2P, but also considering trying for 1P, which would make it worth SFO-IAD and then IAD to somewhere else. Any reason this would not work?
Old Nov 19, 2004, 12:33 pm
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by brengaz
Is there an update on this??
- Has annyone successfully seen EQMs for connecting flights??
I just noticed today that a flight I took to/from IAD in late April (normally the minimum 500 miles each way) had posted with a 1250 mile bonus each way, or 1750 total each eay.

I was a little stumped, as it wasn't the 1000 mile online bonus; this was a flight my new company booked through their travel agency when they hired me. It was in full-fare (or very close) Y class, so a small bonus was to be expected. I wasn't even 2P at the time, so no bonuses there.

I do recall registering for that promo, albeit much later, so I wonder if that is where the extra miles came from? Hmm...
Old Dec 6, 2004, 8:53 pm
Suspended

F/Y/I - the T&C's for this say you have to book before November 15th. But, I just got double credit for a flight that was booked November 20th and flown December 2nd.

Thought it may be helpful info for anyone targeted that is borderline on getting status for 2005.

Originally Posted by UA_Flyer
Just received the following e-mail this morning. I guess it is targeted, because my wife didn't get the e-mail.

Flights have to be departed from IAD, I guess I will need to move my DCA flights.

We'd like to make sure United is your airline of choice for your travels to and from Washington, so we're extending you these special opportunities for flights in and out of Dulles.

1. Double miles: All your paid, qualifying* roundtrips through December 15, 2004, will earn double miles that also count toward elite status.

2. Complimentary passes to United Red Carpet Club: Upon completion of one paid, qualifying* roundtrip, you will receive two one-time passes to United Red Carpet Club.

3. Up to three Confirmed Regional Upgrades: Upon completion of two paid, qualifying* roundtrips, you will receive one Confirmed Regional Upgrade allowing you to upgrade to the next class of service on a future flight. Fly four paid, qualifying* roundtrips and you'll receive two Confirmed Regional Upgrades, or fly six paid, qualifying* roundtrips to receive three Confirmed Regional Upgrades.

* Qualifying roundtrips are flights in and out of Dulles on United, United Express or Ted .

We hope to welcome you on board a United flight soon.

Book your flights by November 15th
and travel between March 15 and December 15, 2004,
to receive these exclusive offersno registration necessary.

[This message has been edited by UA_Flyer (edited Mar 13, 2004).]
Old Dec 6, 2004, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by exerda
I just noticed today that a flight I took to/from IAD in late April (normally the minimum 500 miles each way) had posted with a 1250 mile bonus each way, or 1750 total each eay.

I was a little stumped, as it wasn't the 1000 mile online bonus; this was a flight my new company booked through their travel agency when they hired me. It was in full-fare (or very close) Y class, so a small bonus was to be expected. I wasn't even 2P at the time, so no bonuses there.

I do recall registering for that promo, albeit much later, so I wonder if that is where the extra miles came from? Hmm...
Nope

That was another DC promo - and they were not EQM
Old Dec 15, 2004, 9:51 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Can anyone advise why my June flights posted with the bonuses below and my October/November flights still show no bonuses? I called MP and the first rep was clueless.

I don't see any reason why the recent flights would not get the bonus. Just want to get my facts together before asking for a supervisor.

Here's what UAL.com says as an example:

4-Jun-04 UA 0383 K Class IAD to SMF 2,358 4,716 7,074

26-Oct-04 UA 0191 K Class IAD to LAX 2,288 2,288 4,576
Old Dec 15, 2004, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by chix
Can anyone advise why my June flights posted with the bonuses below and my October/November flights still show no bonuses? I called MP and the first rep was clueless.

I don't see any reason why the recent flights would not get the bonus. Just want to get my facts together before asking for a supervisor.

Wasn't June around when they started flying the non-stop to SMF and were offering a double mile bonus? I scored big being moved to the non-stop due to a mechanical July 4th weekend between the SMF promo and the DC promo - more than just the double you're showing.

Are you sure you're registered for the the DC promo of double eqm/cr-1s/rcc passes (remember, it was invitation only)? Did you get your cr-1s and rcc passes? If that last question had a NO answer, you need to verify if you're even in this promo or not Good Luck.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 10:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chix

I agree with the previous poster, the June double miles were probably for the double miles from IAD-SMF promotion (you can probably do a search here to find the promo code).

The promo code for this offer (the one discussed in this thread) is MPD684. Ask the MP rep what promo code got you the double miles back in June. If it is MPD684, then you should be getting the same bonus for your October & November flights. My guess is that you'll find it was the promo code for the other promotion.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DevilBucsFlyer
I agree with the previous poster, the June double miles were probably for the double miles from IAD-SMF promotion (you can probably do a search here to find the promo code).

The promo code for this offer (the one discussed in this thread) is MPD684. Ask the MP rep what promo code got you the double miles back in June. If it is MPD684, then you should be getting the same bonus for your October & November flights. My guess is that you'll find it was the promo code for the other promotion.
Yes, I received my RCC passes and CR-1's so I am registered (in fact, I don't think you can register, only recipients of the e-mail could join in the offer).

Here's a couple of other examples of double miles on my account. I received triple miles for the SMF flights (one bonus for SMF promo and the other for IAD, hence the 4,716 total bonus:

3-May-04 UA 0902 C Class DEN to IAD 1,452 2,904 4,356
14-Jun-04 UA 0846 K Class IAD to LGA 500 1,000 1,500
14-Jul-04 UA 0891 C Class IAD to LAX 2,288 5,201 7,489
Old Dec 15, 2004, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
It wasn't clear that you had other activity between the two dates that you posted where the double miles were reflected (and I'm assuming your eqm balance increased, accordingly). You can call MP and request they verify that the specific flight is eligible (ticket not purchased before the promo guidelines) and ask them to manually post the promo points. They have to tap their supervisor to get permission and it's a two part process, with the EQM not being reflected until after a weekend, I believe. I had one rogue flight that needed to be manually processed but everything else (well over 70 flights) posted just fine, otherwise.

Good luck and remember, hang up and dial again if they understand what you're requesting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.