Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UA agrees to honor original terms of Early Bird Bonus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA agrees to honor original terms of Early Bird Bonus

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2004, 1:01 pm

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
Great news and thanks Gene for taking care of this..
Old Feb 20, 2004, 1:26 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
Gene:

Amazing job! Thank you for persisting and being so gracious while doing this (no histrionics - just taking care of business!). Nice work.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 1:30 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ecmt:
I called Customer Relations earlier this morning and spoke with David Perez. After being put on hold for half and hour. Mr. Perez advised me that UA would honor its promotion. I would not need to take any further action and my record would be noted accordingly.</font>
Also was told this by CR this morning No need to debate for the next 1.5 months now.

Old Feb 20, 2004, 1:33 pm
Original Member

Location: The shape-shifting urban sprawl that is El Lay. FT member #71.
Programs: UA Gold & MM; DL & AA credit card dirt status; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Fool's Gold
Gene, you da man!

However it disturbs me a bit the United still won't fix this automatically. Flyers appear to have to initiate action via an email or phone call in order to get the 5X.

Certainly FT'ers are squeaky wheels and will succeed in this process. But what about the 1P and 1K's who are not FT readers? At some point many of them will realize they got screwed by UA, when they finally reconcile their MP account.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks gfowler and also Thanks to everyone who wrote, emailed and/or phoned on this. I'm positive that it was the flood of inquiries that got some action on this.

My guess is on the "squeaky wheel" part, is that they made a typo in the original offering, but don't want to give out the extra miles to those that did not see or responded to the original one. So...it's only those with the knowledge of it that will get "the grease."
Old Feb 20, 2004, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Yes, thank you!
Old Feb 20, 2004, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Plat
Thank you Gene for your commendable efforts.
Old Feb 20, 2004, 2:38 pm
J-H

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; AA EXP
Thank you Thank you...200k miles in the bag!!
Old Feb 20, 2004, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, SPG Plat
Gene,
Thanks for doing the leg work, really appreciate your effort. Great work.
Also sent you PM relating to your efforts.
Uncle1k
Old Feb 20, 2004, 2:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond

Paging auggiedoggie

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum50/HTML/026186.html
Old Feb 20, 2004, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
gene rocks! thanks for spearheading this!

edited to add: so does ua for doing the right thing. they continue to get my revenue.

------------------
Sharon

[This message has been edited by SkiAdcock (edited Feb 20, 2004).]
Old Feb 20, 2004, 3:11 pm

Programs: LH SEN , UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver, GHA Black
Sorry I missed somehow the discussion. Can somebody give a quick ovrview on the issue. i signed up for the promotion but I am not sure if I am eligble to wite to customer service.

Thanks
Old Feb 20, 2004, 3:16 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UA 100K:
Sorry I missed somehow the discussion. Can somebody give a quick ovrview on the issue. i signed up for the promotion but I am not sure if I am eligble to wite to customer service.

Thanks
</font>
This site pretty much sums it up.

http://www.genefowler.com/MPW004/
Old Feb 20, 2004, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP; UAMM
Like SanDiego1K I'll now try to squeeze another V flight in before March 31. I only wish I hadn't caved and bought a W to LHR in two weeks. Well, that still leaves 3 empty weekends.

Anybody know any cheap V fares from IAD to somewhere warm and/or interesting. (You can see I'm going to London in March so I'm not too choosy )
Old Feb 20, 2004, 3:45 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by nor4:
Like SanDiego1K I'll now try to squeeze another V flight in before March 31. I only wish I hadn't caved and bought a W to LHR in two weeks. Well, that still leaves 3 empty weekends.

Anybody know any cheap V fares from IAD to somewhere warm and/or interesting. (You can see I'm going to London in March so I'm not too choosy )
</font>
Did you see how much more it would be to buy up from your W fare to a V fare?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.