Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United Global Services Status (Qualification, Benefits, etc.) [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United Global Services Status (Qualification, Benefits, etc.) [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2009, 8:58 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Baze
What I want to know is how you get to be GS buying W fares Do tell us the secret
+1
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Baze
What I want to know is how you get to be GS buying W fares Do tell us the secret
I am a GS, and I have bought a lot W or lower fare.

I travel enough for work on premium fares (F, A, C, D, and Z) to qualify and requalify each year. All my personal travels are on lowest possible domestic fares and lowest SWU-upgradable international fares.

The question should be "how you get to be GS buying only W fares?
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by rbcar3
So, I guess that means they can't convert NC to XC...right?
No. I've tried before and been turned down.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:57 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by UA_Flyer

The question should be "how you get to be GS buying only W fares?
That is what I was thinking. God bless you for speading the wealth.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
only W fares? I made GS last year on just E/U fares (100% domestic too) - but they are a bit "higher" up the UA ladder than W fares....interested to hear the discourse.

I found that many o/w tickets that I purchase automatically go into E/U class and low and behold was bumped to GS.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by ECOTONE
only W fares? I made GS last year on just E/U fares (100% domestic too) - but they are a bit "higher" up the UA ladder than W fares....interested to hear the discourse.

I found that many o/w tickets that I purchase automatically go into E/U class and low and behold was bumped to GS.
This doesn't make sense .....E/U are discounted TED fares. SEE http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ml#post1091854 (Unless this link has out of date info) You must have some other aspect to your flying profile that UA found attractive.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:37 am
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by LAXOGG
This doesn't make sense .....E/U are discounted TED fares. SEE http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ml#post1091854 (Unless this link has out of date info) You must have some other aspect to your flying profile that UA found attractive.
Not anymore. Those are expensive coach fares. They are usually about the same price as an A-fare. If booked in one, you can often call UA within 24 hours and do a no charge swap to A.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 11:49 am
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Originally Posted by DCBob
*** Let's ask - is there anyone out there who is a Federal employee AND Global Services TOO? Anyone??
There are members of congress and other high state and federal gov't. officials who are GS and who travel on government fares, but their GS status comes from VIP designation as I believe that the GS program pulls together not only high yield ticket purchasers but components of UA's former VIP program(s).
Old Sep 10, 2009, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by jgsx
Not anymore. Those are expensive coach fares. They are usually about the same price as an A-fare. If booked in one, you can often call UA within 24 hours and do a no charge swap to A.
Good to know....thanks for the corrected info.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 12:52 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by jgsx
ARE YOU SERIOUS????

I left so many EQM on the table last year if that's the case. Darn.
Old Sep 10, 2009, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
On ps flights if you use .bomb to book refundable coach fares, they book into E most of the time (not B or Y)...

I can tell you this: I had one R/T booked into E and it didn't count towards requal using gstracking...
Old Sep 10, 2009, 2:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: United GS+
Originally Posted by ECOTONE
ARE YOU SERIOUS????

I left so many EQM on the table last year if that's the case. Darn.
Wait, be careful with what I said. I only did this a few times, and the tickets were very expensive (but not as much as Y/B). It just happend to be that the A-fare was the same price, so I made the change.

Originally Posted by meducate
On ps flights if you use .bomb to book refundable coach fares, they book into E most of the time (not B or Y)...

I can tell you this: I had one R/T booked into E and it didn't count towards requal using gstracking...
E most definitely does not count towards the 50k BIS F/P/A/C/D/Z/Y/B requal.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Sep 10, 2009 at 3:48 pm Reason: merge
Old Oct 24, 2009, 6:24 pm

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by i'mlovin'it
Nope. If there is XC space they will make it NC so you can upgrade, but they won't "create" XC.
YMMV, but I had luck booking a reward for next month that was XF 1 outbount and XF2 inbound from IAD. I asked to be placed on LH out of EWR (closer airport, no connecting flight), but I really wanted to fly UA on the IAD route.

GS agent asked me to hold, and in 2 minutes-YES 2 MINUTES had XF 2 both out and inbound!

Now-I just checked gstracker and I only have 57XX miles in the tracker!!! UHOH! (I do have 147 EQS's FLOWN this year, and about $52K in spend so far, so keeping my fingers crossed for a requal!!)
Old Oct 24, 2009, 6:50 pm

Programs: formerly UA GS, now lowly MM lifetime gold :(
Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
YMMV, but I had luck booking a reward for next month that was XF 1 outbount and XF2 inbound from IAD. I asked to be placed on LH out of EWR (closer airport, no connecting flight), but I really wanted to fly UA on the IAD route.

GS agent asked me to hold, and in 2 minutes-YES 2 MINUTES had XF 2 both out and inbound!

Now-I just checked gstracker and I only have 57XX miles in the tracker!!! UHOH! (I do have 147 EQS's FLOWN this year, and about $52K in spend so far, so keeping my fingers crossed for a requal!!)
This kinda happened to me too except it was NF space instead of XF. I think agents are empowered to do this for GS members depending on the inventory levels without calling IM. The agent at the time told me something to the effect of "since I was GS, she had a special bucket she could pull from".
Old Oct 24, 2009, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

IME on international awards XF is more readily available than XC. Maybe this reflects in GS res / IMs ability/willingness to clear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.