Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Why were you compensated and what did you get - 2010 Edition.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why were you compensated and what did you get - 2010 Edition.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:08 am

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
Just had a PS flight, SFO to JFK, 8 I believe. Was in C (upgraded with CR1) and the power didn't work, so no movies and no power. They handed out SOME movie players, but most went back in 10 minutes since the batteries are all bad. Nothing, no movie at all.

No compensation
Old Dec 6, 2010, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by nmenaker
Just had a PS flight, SFO to JFK, 8 I believe. Was in C (upgraded with CR1) and the power didn't work, so no movies and no power. They handed out SOME movie players, but most went back in 10 minutes since the batteries are all bad. Nothing, no movie at all.

No compensation
Was the overhead video system working?
Old Dec 6, 2010, 8:05 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others

No compensation
You should have asked onboard for a PAOA. Actually they should have offered to everyone but sometimes you have to ask. On a recent flight the IFE was not working and I asked a FA for a PAOA. She grudgingly gave me one but then the other FA gave one to everyone in the F cabin. I don't think they were given out in the back.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Did you ask for compensation in your email to UA, or was it offered without asking?
i sent an email to customer relations after letting the FA know, just in case she didn't inform maintenance. I didn't ask for anything in the feedback though.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold

No compensation
I was on a ps flight over the weekend where the power ports on the entire right side of C went out in the first 30 minutes. They tried to get it fixed, but to no avail. I went to the restroom later and was about to ask the FA for a PAOA card on the way back but I saw him filling out a bunch of them so I didn't, and he handed them out to everyone.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:04 am
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Dec 4, UA 973 (747) ORD-SFO. Broken monitor in Seat 14A and missed connection in SFO due to weather-related operations. $250 Skykit/PAOA for the monitor and 9,000 RDM for the misconnect.
Old Dec 6, 2010, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
12/6 - UA598 DEN-MCI Canceled

1K desk sent me an email, which offered $250 e-cert, 10K miles, or a 20% off system-wide cert.. I took the $250.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Radisson Premium
Aircraft swap messed up my OLCI and assigned me a seat I did not want

$150 e-cert
Old Dec 9, 2010, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, H.H. Gold, Hyatt GP Plat, SPG Gold, Enterprise Plat, Avis Pres Club
Customer Relations Contact

I am sure this ? has probably been covered before, but since I am green to the whole FF scene. As a 1p - would I receive different compensation for irrops, delays c/o United, etc. using the PremierExecvoice email vs. using the UAL online customer contact?

TIA
Old Dec 9, 2010, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No. UA uses a computer response system to scan emails, and then determine whether it needs to be escalated, or if they should just send a canned response. You'll get the same even if you called UA. Depends on status, and then flight length. Transcons get more than two hours flights..
Old Dec 9, 2010, 10:35 pm

First meal choice not available HNL-LAX (they over estimated # of meals and/or loaded to few on), FA gave out cards to about 6 people in FC, sold it as "Here is 10,000 miles as an apology".

...I would have settled for a box lunch from economy for 10,000 miles...
Old Dec 9, 2010, 10:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM
12/5 LAX-SFO, broken seat (no recline) in F. $200 E-cert
Old Dec 10, 2010, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.

No compensation
On my PS flight last night, we had the same problem. The FA was proactive with customer app certs. Received $250 as a 1k.
Old Dec 10, 2010, 11:49 am

Programs: UA:MM 1K HH:Diamond IHG:Plat Marriott:Plat
No special meal on PEK-SFO (starved the whole flight) and no apology from the FAs. This also happened on an earlier flight (HKG-ORD), Complained to 1Kvoice and asked for them to make sure that special meal requests are serviced but got a $250 e-cert instead. It is hard to believe that 1Kvoice is not a robot.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 7:38 am
JTE

Programs: UA Premier Exec
My wife and I were on a flight segment from ORD to LAS. We are Premier Ex and were upgraded to first. My wifes salad had a piece of broken plate or bowl in it that she bit into. Fortunately she did not hurt herself and the flight attendants were great about it. Her customer appreciation offers were

$150 E-Certificate: For travel within the 50 United States
or
10% Economy E-Certificate:
or
7000 bonus Mileage Plus miles:

Don't know which to take yet

Jim

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.