Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United to adopt CO globe logo and livery! "Let's Fly Together."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United to adopt CO globe logo and livery! "Let's Fly Together."

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2010, 8:21 am

Programs: SQ*G, BA, DL
would both their FFP programs be combined like in the case for NW and DL?
Old May 3, 2010, 8:24 am

Programs: MYOB
Originally Posted by nmenaker
If this is the change, I'm OUT!
You are a 1K, and because of the paint scheme, you are "out"? So long.
Old May 3, 2010, 8:24 am
jss

Programs: UA 1P (1MM), AA PLT (2MM)
The really ugly part is the typeface. They could have done a lot using the current UA scheme and maybe adding the gold from CO. Instead you get this ugly mess using a dated serif font as opposed to the cleaner UA font.
Old May 3, 2010, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by Bralo20
It's getting a bit boring...

Both Copa & Aera Republica haven't anything to do with either CO or the new UA but the logo's are similar...

Copa owns AeroRepulica, and the Copa and Continental connections are still deeper than people realize. they are also bucking the trends increasing capacity and traffic, and running with some double digit profits at the same time. There has been a Copa executive at many CO events for quite a while now.
Old May 3, 2010, 8:26 am
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
I am pretty disappointed. I am not even sure why they bothered with calling the airline "United." It's not even recognizable as UA at a quick glance. Some people mentioned that logos change, but I would argue that's the most important part of a company's identity. Would people mistaken the golden arches for anything but McDonald's? If someone were to glance at the tail of the new planes, no one would think of United unless he/she reads the letters carefully.

LAX
Old May 3, 2010, 8:31 am

Programs: UA GS, WN A-List, AA Exec Plat, National Emerald
Google is putting ads for 'United Way' on this page. I hope the don't think this new airline is a charity case.

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by CrackAddick
Yeah, I noticed that quirk. Also the County of Middlesex in reality no longer exists (except in programming code of the Royal Mail sorting machines)
It is more than a quirk, it is a very, very silly thing to do. Lots of people less familar with both carriers will be looking to see how the route network has changed, only to discover that the new carrier apparently doesn't serve London.

Why bother with this slapdash, error strewn joint homepage? Just use a simple holding page until you have something intelligent to add. Whoever authorised that webpage should be the first layoff.

And I like the CO logo but hate the colours and logotype. I agree with jss, it is dated and dull and clashes. Poor choice IMHO.
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I do hope that the logo changed between now and the next few months! The new logo just looks bad without the normal United colors..
Old May 3, 2010, 8:34 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by Steph3n
Copa owns AeroRepulica, and the Copa and Continental connections are still deeper than people realize. they are also bucking the trends increasing capacity and traffic, and running with some double digit profits at the same time. There has been a Copa executive at many CO events for quite a while now.
Yeah but CO sold their remaining shares in Copa back in 2008 so besides the same FFP there doesn't seem to be much connections anymore.
Old May 3, 2010, 8:38 am

Programs: UA S
Sorry, but I hate the livery . Not the slightest bit impressed.
Old May 3, 2010, 8:40 am

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
I didn't have any problem with the livery, but I think the name of the combined company should have been "Déjà Vu"
Old May 3, 2010, 8:40 am

Programs: UA-1K-MM AA-EXP-MM
Seems to me they got it right

Many CO fans were mourning the loss of the Continental name, now many UA fans are sad the UA logo is gone. In this kind of merger you know you got it right when both sides aren't totally happy. The web site is focused on being a merger of equals to keep all stakeholders from being overly negative. I think they have done a pretty good job, and while the web site does have some errors I think they did a good job given the short time they had to create it.

In any marriage(merger) your not going to like everything about the other family(company) or how the married couple(new company) is going to raise the kids(customer/employees). You just need to make the best of it.
Old May 3, 2010, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1K , HH Gold VIP, Hertz Gold, Hertz 5*, National Executive, Marriott Silver Elite
I for one, welcome our new overlords...
Old May 3, 2010, 8:46 am

Programs: UA GS, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by seacarl
I wish they'd keep the United tulip U on the tail as I think it is classier than CO's globe, and use the current United font for the name on the plane, as I think it's a more attractive font than Continental's, but incorporate Continental's blue and gold colors to show the integration and maybe base the colors on the plane on the CO colors.
+1 ... The tulip is way better than the globe!
Old May 3, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: UA 1K 0.94MM, Marriott Titanium
Isn't this the quickest, easiest, and cheapest way to purge "Continental" from the fleet? You don't have to touch the current UA planes and can achieve a level of fleet uniformity.

I have no problem with that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.