Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

United to adopt CO globe logo and livery! "Let's Fly Together."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

United to adopt CO globe logo and livery! "Let's Fly Together."

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2010, 7:40 am

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by ivoryboi
I like the new logo and livery! But, I am concerned about the route map on the merger website. Taipei, Bangkok and several other Asian destinations are missing.
Yep, no more ICN or BOM at all, and ORD-BRU also seems to be gone.
Old May 3, 2010, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by mechteach
I think people are reading too much into this route map. It has some glaring errors.
Old May 3, 2010, 7:44 am

Programs: United 1K 2MM / Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by couscous
Hate the new design.. loved the new UA colors so much..
+1

When I saw the new livery I was like
Old May 3, 2010, 7:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
The font is hideous. I can live with the globe..but I think it's foolish to use it because of the brand recognition of the tulip. At the very least they need to fix the "United" font and either use the font UA is using now, or some other pleasing font. That thing is ugly.
Old May 3, 2010, 7:47 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
I didn't know it was possible for basic white to be drab, although less drab than UA's old dark livery.

Maybe they could work the UA "tulip" into the globe on the tail somehow. This scheme needs some life in it somewhere.
Old May 3, 2010, 7:49 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA nothing
Originally Posted by SFOtoORD
So ugly
It could have said US Airways.....
Old May 3, 2010, 7:49 am

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by UpstateNY
Do we really believe this represents the final decision on the logo, as opposed to something done quickly (and temporarily) to publicize the merger? I assume there are many months of highly paid branding consultants, designs, focus groups, etc., ahead before there's a final logo, livery, font, or anything else.
True, but then they should have just waited and had a "United + Continental: Let's Fly Together" until they came out with the clean, not "wait, we're going live TOMORROW?!" look.
Old May 3, 2010, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
As much as I like the tulip, remember this is a business decision, and I can see why they did this. As far as image is concerned, the UA image is not as good as CO's image, so the UA one goes. It's as simple as that.

Regular UA flyers know they've improved a lot in recent years. But the general public doesn't. If a new logo and livery gets people on the planes, that's good for the business.
Old May 3, 2010, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
E+ not referenced at all

Originally Posted by mechteach
The maps in the presentation PDF show all these cities, so don't try to read more into these preliminaries. That said, the most glaring omission in all the material is not a single mention of E+ seating. I'd have thought extending this onto the CO fleet would be something to boast about in the real of customer and elite service/benefits. (Now maybe I am reading too much into this material!)
Old May 3, 2010, 7:58 am

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by 1bentley
It could have said US Airways.....
Ouch!
Old May 3, 2010, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OMNIArchist, OMNIArchy!, OMNIIDGAS
Originally Posted by SeattleFlyerGuy
True, but then they should have just waited and had a "United + Continental: Let's Fly Together" until they came out with the clean, not "wait, we're going live TOMORROW?!" look.
I appreciate that they come out with something quickly, MAYBE it will help keep the thread counts lower, maybe...

I'd really rather have communications and be in the know early/right as SEC times allow, than to be kept in the dark, even if the page/livery/logo is not tweaked fully.

Originally Posted by Shareholder
The maps in the presentation PDF show all these cities, so don't try to read more into these preliminaries. That said, the most glaring omission in all the material is not a single mention of E+ seating. I'd have thought extending this onto the CO fleet would be something to boast about in the real of customer and elite service/benefits. (Now maybe I am reading too much into this material!)
Smisek has been impressed at the ELR(CO E+ amount of legroom exit rows and bulkheads) interest and revenue, so I'd not be surprised to see E+ stay. This was from the last Q conference call, and only a few days of that quarter in the period for reporting/commenting on at the time.

Last edited by iluv2fly; May 3, 2010 at 11:12 am Reason: merge
Old May 3, 2010, 8:08 am

Programs: UA AS DL Hyatt SPG/Bonvoy HHonors
Livery

I wish they'd keep the United tulip U on the tail as I think it is classier than CO's globe, and use the current United font for the name on the plane, as I think it's a more attractive font than Continental's, but incorporate Continental's blue and gold colors to show the integration and maybe base the colors on the plane on the CO colors.
Old May 3, 2010, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by channa
As much as I like the tulip, remember this is a business decision, and I can see why they did this. As far as image is concerned, the UA image is not as good as CO's image, so the UA one goes. It's as simple as that.
If this truly is the case, why is the United name staying and "Continental" is getting chucked out the window?
Old May 3, 2010, 8:17 am

Programs: UA 1MM, UA 1K, SPG Plat, Yfirst gold, Hyatt Plat, Avis Plat.
As an almost million mile flier on CO change is always fraught with trepidation. in a few years both UA and CO fliers will be ok with the change. I am looking forward to meeting some new friends in the UA community. hopefully the negatives will be hic ups, and the positives awesome, for all of us.
Old May 3, 2010, 8:20 am

Programs: UA
It's getting a bit boring...

Continental Airlines:

Copa Airlines:

Aero Republica:

United Airlines:

Both Copa & Aera Republica haven't anything to do with either CO or the new UA but the logo's are similar...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.