Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UNCONFIRMED Flight Schedules of United's New Cabin 777 Aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2010, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CubsFanJohn
My guess is Aircraft Utilization reasons.
Could you elaborate?

(not questioning your reasoning, just curious ..... )
Old Dec 22, 2010, 9:44 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Could you elaborate?

(not questioning your reasoning, just curious ..... )
No problem I'd be happy to explain my reasoning. I am not an insider at UA nor do I have any inside knowledge but looking at UA PC Travel Desk (This the type of stuff you have to do when your home for winter break ) it appears that the only 777 runs out of SFO as of Dec 22nd are LHR, KIX, PEK.

The LHR-SFO flight arrives at 4:25PM. SFO-LHR leaves at 7PM but we need to remember a couple of things,
1. UA has a MX Base at SFO so it will gives some time to iron out the kinks on the new aircraft.
2. There are no other Europe 777 Departures during the Winter (Yes I know their is a late FRA during the Summer.)

So instead of turning the 777 back to LHR having the plane sit at SFO Mechanical as a backup. Now if SFO wasn't a major mechanical base that would be a different story.

So then comes morning you can't use it to PEK since it requires two aircraft since it RON's at PEK. So the only logical choice is to use it to KIX instead of letting it sit 27+ Hours you only have it sit around 16 or 17 Hours. Also remember UA 852/853 (NRT) doesn't operate this winter so it is KIX or PEK and from an aircraft usage standpoint KIX wins.

From posts here it looks like the circuit usually is again this is from posts here at FT. I have no inside info or anything...
SFO-KIX-SFO-LHR-IAD-DXB-IAD-LHR-LAX-LHR-SFO

I hope this explains my thinking better.

Last edited by CubsFanJohn; Dec 22, 2010 at 9:46 pm Reason: Whoops forgot LAX-LHR
Old Dec 24, 2010, 8:01 pm

New 777 Configuration PEK-SFO 12/24/10

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I received the GREATEST present from United today. I boarded my flight to SFO this morning and walked onto one of UA's reconfigured 777s. I was in Exit Row 33A and and chatting with the flight attendant across from me. I learned she had never before seen the new configuration and stated that she does the PEK-SFO run all the time. She believes the plane was in Beijing because of the weather problems in Europe.

The service was fantastic and it was nice not to have the slide raft interfere with stretching my legs out like it does on the 2-5-2 configured 777s. The video on demand was a nice feature as well. It definitely made the ride across the Pacific much better than usual.

I hope to see more of these planes in the future.
Old Dec 24, 2010, 9:17 pm

Programs: CX Gold
Lucy you! Interestingly, the UA888 flight on the 26th is again the new config, as per the seat map. The 27th flight is old config, though.

Originally Posted by premierstudent

I received the GREATEST present from United today. I boarded my flight to SFO this morning and walked onto one of UA's reconfigured 777s. I was in Exit Row 33A and and chatting with the flight attendant across from me. I learned she had never before seen the new configuration and stated that she does the PEK-SFO run all the time. She believes the plane was in Beijing because of the weather problems in Europe.

The service was fantastic and it was nice not to have the slide raft interfere with stretching my legs out like it does on the 2-5-2 configured 777s. The video on demand was a nice feature as well. It definitely made the ride across the Pacific much better than usual.

Old Dec 25, 2010, 11:02 am

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I noticed the SFO-KIX route used to be shown here as one of the flights with the new a/c.

http://www.suitedreams.united.com/

However, they pulled that flight (885)

I am scheduled for January 14. Presently, the seat map still shows the new config.

I hope it stays the same.

I certainly wonder why they removed that flight from the permanent list
Old Dec 26, 2010, 5:16 pm
Suspended

United 924 to LHR tonight just went 77Q
Do you think Jan 1 might also be new config?
United Cargo says not...but it also said 777 up until recently for tonight.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 5:19 pm

Originally Posted by charlotteimmigration
United 924 to LHR tonight just went 77Q
Do you think Jan 1 might also be new config?
United Cargo says not...but it also said 777 up until recently for tonight.
Do you feel lucky? There has been all kinds of issues with weather the last two weeks; so UA has been improvising on crew and aircraft reposition to get and keep things in place. If it's saying "no", I wouldn't count on anything special.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by SeattleDavid
Actually i was wrong - the pattern over the past two weeks is pretty clear:-

SFO-LHR-SFO, LAX-LHR-LAX, IAD-DXB-IAD and SFO-KIX-SFO seem to be completely predictable (effectively everyday).

IAD-LHR at 6pm and LHR-IAD at 4.20pm are also equally predictable.

Other possibilities in the past two weeks have been FRA (once) and NRT (once from LAX, once from SEA and once from ICN) and ICN (once from SFO).
Its will be interesting to see when some of the additional summer flights kick in on these routes. I know during the summer there are two flights a day from LHR to SFO (and vice versa).

At the moment only one of these shows as the new configuration with the other remaining as the old (according to united.com). Do you think they are likely to have the new config covering both?

I only ask as I'm flying F in early May and I'm on the early LHR to SFO flight that shows as the old config .

Nick
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:57 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
I think only 931 LHR/SFO in the PM is new configuration at this point.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 8:02 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, United Silver
Originally Posted by premierstudent

What a coincidence, I was on that flight too! Like you, I was pleasantly surprised to see the new configuration. In fact, this was the first flight with UA I'd taken in quite a while since switching to NW/now-DL for my TPAC flights. I was so out of the loop with UA that I didn't even know such a config existed and as such was quite happy for that short flight. Then SEA-NRT-PEK on UA875/897 going back home was of course on the old 777 config, which reminded me why I liked NW better with their A330s, but then again now DL operates their even-worse-than-UA-economy 763s that remind me of UA's 747 Y cabin...

So all in all, here's hoping that I'll see more of these new config 777s in the future
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:42 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Closing this thread.

Please follow the topic here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ft-2011-a.html

iluv2fly
Moderator, UA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.