Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2010, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Does anyone know which credit bureau the inquiry goes through? I recently did a couple Citi AAdvantage and the Chase Amtrak within the past 2 weeks which all hit Experian - probably not worth pushing my luck with another one if it is Experian.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 9:49 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Wow - I am kicking myself for applying for the CO Visa from Chase not 2 days ago to get Mileathon credit....would have much preferred this deal. :-/ And who knows if I'm even going to get approved for it - got the BA card in Nov, and upon applying, I got the 7-10 days response....
Old Apr 7, 2010, 9:59 pm

Programs: onepass
I am not a regular on UA. how long do UA miles last before expireration? my FF ing is on hold until the kid is out of college.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:23 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Thank you for the tip on this offer!
Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:37 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Originally Posted by kenbarber
I am not a regular on UA. how long do UA miles last before expireration? my FF ing is on hold until the kid is out of college.
United miles expire after 18 months of inactivity. However, activity on the account is very easy to generate (eg, by buying a song on iTunes through the Online Mall), and will extend the miles for another 1.5 years.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:08 pm

Thanks op, I just applied. I was waiting for a good offer, and this is pretty good. The only negative is that it's $1 per mile spend so not as good as some of the other chase united cards which gives more miles per $ spend on united and other categories (groceries, etc.).
Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG
haha for some reason i feel a tiny bit of accomplishment that my orig post has reached this many replies...been using this forum for so long and never posted anything worthwhile
Old Apr 7, 2010, 11:58 pm

Programs: United, AA Gold, InsideFlyer subscriber
Signed up this evening (after calling to cancel 2 tickets) -- asked if they had a credit card promo and was told they did and xfer'ed to the right area.

Took my info, 1 minute hold, and then was approved (left out the 10min of verbal description of the card, terms, and opting out of the add-on protection plan).

Easy enough. Thanks FT!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 12:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by midnightio
(left out the 10min of verbal description of the card, terms, and opting out of the add-on protection plan).

you were fortunate. She lost me after the second sentence. At the end of the speech, i had to ask if she gets sick of reading that so many times a day
Old Apr 8, 2010, 1:47 am

Programs: UA, AA
Originally Posted by djakio
haha for some reason i feel a tiny bit of accomplishment that my orig post has reached this many replies...been using this forum for so long and never posted anything worthwhile
You deserve it!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 6:40 am

I just applied. I didn't get an instant approval, but I hope my card is approved (first year fee waived) and that I get the 50k miles. I got the BA card from late last year, so I don't quite meet the once-card-every-6 months-rule yet. Still, I read that there are exceptions to the rule, so I hope it's the same for me. I guess I'll find out in two weeks!
Old Apr 8, 2010, 7:22 am

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
I applied. Thanks OP. Interestingly, one of the myriad conditions read to me during my signup call was that I could be denied any bonus offers if I am found to have a history of using Chase cards solely for bonus offers Who on earth would do such a thing?
Old Apr 8, 2010, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by bennytma
one of the myriad conditions read to me during my signup call was that I could be denied any bonus offers if I am found to have a history of using Chase cards solely for bonus offers Who on earth would do such a thing?
I almost laughed out aloud hearing this phrase.

By the way, I was instantly approved (hooray!) and I had gotten my BA-Chase about five months ago.

PS. The call center was located in Cebu, Philippines.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by nydad

PS. The call center was located in Cebu, Philippines.
That's where the Chase's outsourced script monkey call center is located.
Old Apr 8, 2010, 9:02 am

I was instantly approved, but my spouse wasn't. I am a bit worried now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.