Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Milage Plus Visa - 50,000 Miles Sign Up Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2010, 1:08 pm

Has anyone who has been approved received a confirmation email with the offer t & c, or an offer code?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by JJH35
Is there a free place to get a credit score? I don't know mine, but know it's not bad...
There are free FAKOs, but these should be indicative for most.

Creditkarma
Quizzle
Old Apr 11, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K
still working

As others have reported, I tried the automated route on Friday and was told the offer was no longer available. Thanks to recent posters, though, I tried the "representative" route and can confirm that any CS rep can transfer you to the Chase rep. Approved in less than 20 minutes, including the reading of the T&C.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 2:52 pm

I just applied about 2 minutes ago, so it is definitely still a live promo. The instructions posted by abrash works fine. Thanks, by the way.

I called the number, said "enroll in mileage plus" option, and when it asked for my mileage plus number i just didn't punch any numbers in and it eventually sent me to a human. I told the human rep at united that i wanted the 50K United card and they asked for my united number, i gave it, then they transferred me to Chase. It took about 15 minutes for them to read off all the terms. At the end of the call, I was told i was instantly approved, given a congratulations, and would receive info in the mail in X amount of weeks.

Also, I applied for the BA Chase card in January of this year, and had no problems with getting approved for this United offer.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 3:19 pm

me too

both the wife and myself applied this afternoon...CSR quoted the 50k offer and transferred us no prob. No verification e-mail but there was no mention of this being a targeted offer and They clearly stated the terms before applying so I have no doubt if accepted we will get the miles....neither of us has had a UA miles card. My only concern is i was just accepted for the chase sapphire preferred 25k offer and the card is on the way...im hoping this won't make me ineligable for the UA chase visa as they didnt accept me right away...as 50k MP miles for first spend are better than 25k CO miles with a 3k spend in 3 months!!
My wife should have no problems as this is the first CC she has applied for in a while and her scores are in the 800's....mine are in 700's and while i dont have a BA card (missed out) I have a chase freedom and the just approved chase Sapphire...will chase let you have 3 cards if they are not the same miles program?
Old Apr 11, 2010, 5:45 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by JJH35
Is there a free place to get a credit score? I don't know mine, but know it's not bad...
I use Credit Karma for my FAKO score.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 7:02 pm

Programs: Marriott PP, SPG Plat
Just applied for the card. CSR mentioned to wait for 2 weeks for an answer. Chase did the same to me for BA card as well. I have a Sony, Marriott and BA card from Chase. Last one is BA card applied in Jan. Let's see what happens but 50K was too tempting to pass
Old Apr 11, 2010, 8:33 pm

Just applied, and the offer is still active. 50K miles after first purchase and annual fee waived first year.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA, AS, WN
I just applied and it does work. Just ask for REP as soon as you call.
Old Apr 11, 2010, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by glenny84
I just applied and it does work. Just ask for REP as soon as you call.
Do you currently have any Chase CC? What did they tell you as a reason that you don't qualify?
Old Apr 12, 2010, 5:40 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
what does this "upgrade" certificate they give you actually upgrade you to? Say I book a discounted coach fare, will it move you to business?
Old Apr 12, 2010, 6:33 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Carlson Gold
Just worked via the instructions in post 184 (and follow-up) ones.
Old Apr 12, 2010, 7:25 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Originally Posted by mrredskin
what does this "upgrade" certificate they give you actually upgrade you to? Say I book a discounted coach fare, will it move you to business?
Oh, didn't know that we are also getting an upgrade certificate for this offer. Hopefully it is not a E500 .
Old Apr 12, 2010, 7:37 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by lax2010
Oh, didn't know that we are also getting an upgrade certificate for this offer. Hopefully it is not a E500 .
quite a few expressed that they were also going to receive an upgrade cert and a $25 voucher. i wasn't quoted this, but will def b**** about it if i dont recevie them!
Old Apr 12, 2010, 8:16 am

Thumbs up Thanks!

I applied yesterday & did not receive immediate approval but per previous suggestions I called the live person at 1-888-245-0625 and asked if the high credit limit on my other MP Visa was the reason for my not being approved immediately. Sure enough that was it, I consented to it being lowered, and my new account was approved!

I have an ancient existing MP Chase Visa & was approved for the BA Visa in November/December so the six month rule doesn't seem to be an issue.

Though as someone previously has pointed out - none of us has received these bonus miles yet & we are all operating on faith.....

But I'm very excited because I needed these miles very badly, so I'm seriously grateful to the OP and everyone who has provided information!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.