Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

UAL upgrade success/failure tracking website [Please use Website for Posting Results]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UAL upgrade success/failure tracking website [Please use Website for Posting Results]

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2010, 12:22 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
So, I noticed that the site allows one to put in a failure to clear in the future. I see a GS on SEA-LAX 5/14 that shows as a failure - don't think that should be allowed.

I am 8 of the 13 records for SEA-LAX... so I know what you're talking about.
And I'm 2 of those other ones (and I think the only miss as a 1K) - I think that thinner routes will become statistically significant over time as more and more data points are entered. My bigger concern (if you can call it a concern) is that people tend to enter successes and skip entering failures - it's just the human nature to get excited over positives.

FWIW, I'm 9/10 since the program started with the only miss on LAX-SEA route on RJ-700 (was first under)
Old May 10, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by AFJon
True, but would we mess the stats up by enter flights posted in this thread, but not on the UDUstats website? I know a couple of mine are missing on the UDUstats site.
I think we are supposed to enter our own flights directly on udustats web site and not wait for someone to copy them over from here.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Alaska MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Gold, Avis Preferred
Thanks! It did show as having 500-mile options for each flight, which I selected. The upgrades still don't list as "pending" on the itinerary summary page, but I know have the option of "canceling" the request on the upgrade page.

Might try calling the 1P folks just to check. Thanks for the help!
Old May 11, 2010, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Just added TUS-DEN 5/11 to website. I chose "At gate" for when cleared, although I actually got the easy update message about 8 hours before the flight. I figured "At gate" was closer than "24 hours." What is everyone else doing in this situation, if you clear at a time other than the choices listed on the website?

I am 5/5 for UDU so far as a 1P!
Old May 11, 2010, 4:05 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Oh Happy Day!

My 2P husband is now 1/1 for UDU. His SFO-KOA flight cleared 72 hours in advance of our flight. Thanks to all the great advice on this forum I only put him and our son on his PNR and both were upgraded. I filled out the info on the UDU tracking website

I am a lowly 2P and my window doesn't open till tomorrow.
Old May 11, 2010, 4:07 pm

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Originally Posted by janehoya
My 2P husband is now 1/1 for UDU. His SFO-KOA flight cleared 72 hours in advance of our flight. Thanks to all the great advice on this forum I only put him and our son on his PNR and both were upgraded. I filled out the info on the UDU tracking website

Great to know. Did you mean your 1P husband?
Old May 11, 2010, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by janehoya

Is your husband a 1P? 2Ps don't start the upgrade window until 48hrs prior to departure. 1Ps start the upgrade window at 72hrs....

Congratulations! Glad that more of the lower elites are getting the Hawaii upgrades!
Old May 11, 2010, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1PMM; Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Already posted to UDUStats:

1P:

5/7 - LGA-ORD -- Fail
5/9 - ORD-LGA -- Cleared 48 hours
Old May 11, 2010, 4:35 pm

MYR is missing as a valid choice.
Old May 11, 2010, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA *G MM, DL, EK, ICH Plat
Saturday May 8th

UA 840 LAX-ORD Both myself and companion to F
UA 248 ORD-DTW Both myself and companion to F

LAX-ORD was a full flight. ORD-DTW was 30% full in Y and F was about 50%.

This was my first UDU. I originally put through the upgrade with 500's. When I checked in, the UDU for me was fine, but with my companion the CS agent said the system wanted my 500's! Obviously, they don't exist anymore. So, she just printed the boarding passes and called it a day!

I also noticed that with UDU's there is no DM card when you check-in online. Not sure if we still get them for Confirmed's or SWU's. I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks.
Old May 11, 2010, 6:46 pm

8/10 on UDU
(and if you take out the 2 failed DEN-SJCs, then 8/8 , if you look at the website, the two fails are mine)

oh well, not complaining, it has been good so far.
Old May 11, 2010, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
May 11 lax-iad #847@1pm 762

Posted on website tracking already.

Originally Posted by sosuede
Waitlsited then denied.

LAX-IAD. afternoon

1P, S fare.

Exit row as consolation.
IAD-SFO, IAD-LAX (and the JFK-SFO/LAX requiring CR-1 or miles upgrade) getting tough for UDU unless you have high status or pay full fare coach, because many top elites pack the routes.

My L fare UDU did not clear 100-hr window for 762 with 34 F seats.
UA holding 12 F seats for last minute premium fares 1day before flight;
At airport gate 1 hour before flight show 4 F, 37 waitlist.
I was #4 on waitlist and just made upgrade cut-off.
2 people ahead of me were GS.
1 person ahead of me was 1P with Y/B full fare.
I was L fare.
Of 33 others waitlist, gate agent mentioned at least 5 were 1k, and remaining were 1P/2P.

Last edited by npei; May 11, 2010 at 10:17 pm
Old May 11, 2010, 10:30 pm

Location: LAX-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain. United 1K! Other
Programs: RCC,HHonors Diamond,HGVC Elite,SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond,Nat'l Emerald Exec Elite, Disney Premier Pass
BUR-DEN-MCO

May 13 I'm booked on:

UA6276 BUR-DEN: UDU "Denied" (1 cabin CRJ), T fare
UA0790 DEN-MCO: UDU Confirmed to NF, cleared at 100 hrs, 757-200, T fare

Still waiting for the return to clear (5/18).

I'll post to udustats after I have flown.
Old May 11, 2010, 11:40 pm

Programs: United 'Cattle Car', American, JetBlue Airways, Marriott Rewards 'Gold', Amtrak AGR 'Select'
I'm 'Perfect' with UDU upgrades

Just updated my experience on UDUStats.com regarding my flight earlier this afternoon/evening. UA Flt #119 (SFO-LAX) Tues 05/11/2010 - was denied UDU but as I was settling into my nice comfy seat 10D in E+ - The FA came to me and said 'Mr Goria, would you like to move into 4D' - I said 'Sure' I'm now 4 for 4 - A perfect 100% in UDU upgrades (and I'm only a 2P) JG

Last edited by goriajk; May 11, 2010 at 11:41 pm Reason: xx
Old May 12, 2010, 12:55 am

Programs: AMEX PLT, AA PPro, Spire AMB
Originally Posted by myperks
8/10 on UDU
(and if you take out the 2 failed DEN-SJCs, then 8/8 , if you look at the website, the two fails are mine)

oh well, not complaining, it has been good so far.
I did see...trying to clear with my companion SJC-DEN and DEN-SJC (WHERE ARE THE 757's??)...on an A320...doesnt look good so far.

I'll find out Friday and post my stats too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.