FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger-504/)
-   -   UAL upgrade success/failure tracking website [Please use Website for Posting Results] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-mileage-plus-pre-merger/1064508-ual-upgrade-success-failure-tracking-website-please-use-website-posting-results.html)

AkWxMan Mar 20, 2010 3:12 pm

Elite status: 1P
Routing: HNL-SFO
Day of week/Date/Time of day: Sunday 3/21 6:45am
Plane type: 763
When cleared: 3/18 6:45am
Booking code: V

Applied for e500 upgrade a couple of weeks ago. Cleared at the 72 hour mark. OLCI this morning noted complimentary upgrade.

As a side note, I have applied for e500 upgrades for the return to HNL on 3/30, as well as for a HNL-LAX-LAS trip in late April. Pending is showing for the upgrade on My Itineraries for all segments.

Sunriser Mar 20, 2010 3:21 pm

Routing: SEA > ORD
Day of week/Date/Time of day: 3/22
Plane type: 752
When cleared: 72hour period
Booking code: T

Routing: ORD > MCO
Day of week/Date/Time of day: 3/22
Plane type: 752
When cleared: 48hour period
Booking code: T

goriajk Mar 20, 2010 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by IADLayover (Post 13614900)
Failures in the spreadsheet but not graphed - makes a mess.
General Members not graphed... just an extra field that takes up space and I dont expect it to be filled

THANK YOU, IADLayover for the graph. As 2P I will most likely shoot for early, early morning flights or the late night runs as I know there is NO CHANCE for UDU for myself during the Mid-Day and Prime Time Evening flights. I hope you will continue to update this graph, it's impressive. ^ It's gonna be an interesting Spring for sure. Joe G ;)

denverhockeyguy Mar 20, 2010 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by rkaradi (Post 13612313)
SFO-PHX UA 506 3/20 6am

not on UG list on DBC free ticket.

2 on WL 3 open seats. Y was zero at 9 PM last night F was at 6 to sell.

Today 17 on WL, with 7 open seats in Y.

Went and asked immediate UG.

Did you get UDU on a DBC free ticket? Technically, I thought you weren't able to UG those.

IADLayover Mar 20, 2010 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by goriajk (Post 13615072)
I hope you will continue to update this graph

I'm gonna start off trying to update once a day and after we get enough results so a couple of extra flts don't change the results too much, I'll start going to every other day or every few days. After a few months I think we should have a decent idea of what's going on.

HaeMaker Mar 20, 2010 5:27 pm

Routing: SFO > PDX
Day of week/Date/Time of day: Sunday, 3/21 -- 5pm
Plane type: CRJ-700
When cleared: 72hour period (was not alerted, discovered 30hrs before flight)
Booking code: UNKNOWN

mecca11 Mar 20, 2010 6:51 pm

Elite status: 1K
Routing: HNL > LAX > BWI
Day of week/Date/Time of day: Sunday, 3/21 1300
Plane type: 777
When cleared: waitlisted. had to call to get listed. 1k agent told me to call for all three itineraries (march, april, june) in my name as they were all booked prior to 19 march.
Booking code: YCA

UA-NYC Mar 20, 2010 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by seacarl (Post 13611315)
Elite Status: 1K
LGA-DEN on 3/19
W Fare Class
No Upgrade

Good God - no upgrade as a 1K, W fare, on a 757?!?! I know that route has some paid F - do you think it was a mistake due to the day-of transition? Maybe some had cleared already with lingering e500s...

LexVegas Mar 20, 2010 7:36 pm

Elite status: 2P
Routing: ORD-GRR
Day of week/Date/Time of day: Saturday 3/20 1:47PM
Plane type: CRJ-700
When cleared: 36 hrs
Booking code: L

milski Mar 20, 2010 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by IADLayover (Post 13614900)
Failures in the spreadsheet but not graphed - makes a mess.
General Members not graphed... just an extra field that takes up space and I dont expect it to be filled

What are the H-N/H-H?

LexVegas Mar 20, 2010 8:17 pm

H-N= Hub to Non-Hub
H-H= Hub to Hub

seacarl Mar 20, 2010 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC (Post 13615551)
Good God - no upgrade as a 1K, W fare, on a 757?!?! I know that route has some paid F - do you think it was a mistake due to the day-of transition? Maybe some had cleared already with lingering e500s...

I don't think it was the transition. I had made sure to request e500 upgrades, well in advance, just in case.

Flight was close to sold out but it left with a few empty seats in coach, and gate agent came on board and upgraded someone a row in front of me at 10 minutes to departure. I was disappointed not to get the upgrade on W class.

cosflyer Mar 20, 2010 8:39 pm

I have some very mixed emotions on what i witnessed last night at ord, i was ug to C on ua253, and was one of the last to board and when i got on board i noticed that a gate agent was in the process of downgrading 2 passengers to E which i notice later was 17HJ, from what i hear in the conversation between the agent and the 2 downgraded passengers was that 2 passengers from a intl flight had missed the earlier den flight and i assume had C or dom F seats to denver and since these 2 passengers were comped and a premier that they had to go back to E, i realize ual has to protect the revenue but this could turn out to be a pr mess imho, i can only hope they did it based on status and fare code,and the 2 that were waiting on the jetway actually were fare paying (c,j,z or d) tickets.

BoarderX Mar 20, 2010 8:40 pm

Success Report

Flight Date: Mar 22, 6p-9p
ORD-SMF
UDU placed over phone, confirmed 45 hours out.

Jilani Mar 20, 2010 9:48 pm

Routing: IAD-BOS
Day of week/Date/Time of day: SUN/Mar21/20:05
Plane type: ERJ-170
When cleared: SAT/Mar20/02:51
Booking code: W

I was surprised to get this one, especially so far out. 3 of 6 seats in F were already assigned when mine cleared.