Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Feb 1 - One-Way Awards and Miles & Money Awards now bookable on ual.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feb 1 - One-Way Awards and Miles & Money Awards now bookable on ual.com

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2010, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA MM | BA Silver
Originally Posted by bniu
[snip] and now i can even mix and match between AA & UA on a roundtrip, more power to me!
^ A little late but welcomed nonetheless.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
No bueno, I like having the stopover option, like AKL-SYD-SFO.
This is where we got skrewed by AA.
On the other hand, at least you still can get those stopovers for a price. AA just charges additional miles for the extra one-way.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1P
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I have no faith in UA's IT department to implement anything new (or anything old for that matter).
I on the other hand have absolute faith in UA IT (to implement anything incorrectly). At least they're consistent.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP, CO PL
This is way to go, UA
Old Jan 29, 2010, 9:51 pm

Programs: VA-PLT, QF-GLD, DL-GM, UA-ex1K, AA-exPLT, HH-DM, IHG-PLT, MR-GLD
I have really enjoyed the flexability of AA's one-way awards. I won't miss the stopover, it's hard enough to book a UA roundtrip on *A, making stopovers work is even tougher.

And yes I am assuming the stopover will go away, a la AA, but it doesn't bother me. All it costs is an extra one-way inside the same zone (usually) and that isn't bad. Small compared to the conveinence of a one-way award.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP
For me this is great news. It may mean that I can stop booking Europa-ORD-Europb tickets because of a rt award ticket I had to book out of LHR last year. It means for instance that I can just dump some miles to get back to Chicago from the Shetland Islands.

As far as stopovers are concerned I think everyone is insane. If a stopover is allowed with a one way to be = 1/2rt, then 2 stopovers are allowed with a rt. From UA's point of view we would abuse this to no end.

Stopovers are nice, but flexibility is nicer.

The only thing I know about AA's program is that their one world tickets beat anything that UA offers. I used 130k miles to fly business class around S. America with 4 stopovers - could have done more but I did not want to kill myself.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by the_happiness_store
Book a round trip if you want a stopover.
If UA follows AA's program, though, there will be no round-trip awards. AA has only one-way awards AFAIK.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
If UA follows AA's program, though, there will be no round-trip awards. AA has only one-way awards AFAIK.
I edited my post before I saw your reply. I believe that I am now on the same page.

Off course it will cause some expense to the Africa trip I'm planning. Just one stopover wasn't going to work for me so I will need to research other options; just as before.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA,DL,CZ
Any official news on this? I just called United and the agents told me that they did not know about this.

Is it for all the members? When will it take effect?
Old Jan 29, 2010, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tylorcl
Any official news on this? I just called United and the agents told me that they did not know about this.

Is it for all the members? When will it take effect?
The thread title says Feb 1. I won't even bother to call until UA announces it.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 1:10 am

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
I am really happy about it BUT it is too late for a set of flights I needed in March. I had no faith they would have it up in time so bought a leg I needed and I can't get my $$ back. I would have taken an AA award but it took me all over God's green earth coming home from SIN to SFO. Days...red eyes, ack.

AA let you use any carrier in their alliance but told me that no one gets Cathay Pacific on awards so I was stuck with a mess.
Old Jan 30, 2010, 1:16 am
kkg

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1MM/1k
Sound good, but will need to see the details before we get too excited...
Old Jan 30, 2010, 1:21 am

Programs: UA 1K , Delta Gold
It's true !

Old Jan 30, 2010, 1:24 am

Programs: UA MM Gold, AA Ex Plat, SPG Plat,Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by tiddyzhang
It's true !

Saw the same screen when looking at some stuff tonight, strange thing on my computer it goes away about 10 seconds then reloads to older screen but I saw it with my own 2 eyes! Something in the works!!!!!^
Old Jan 30, 2010, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tiddyzhang
It's true !

Does not show up for me. Even on the 1K site.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.