Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Let's Eat! 2010 Domestic First and Business Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Let's Eat! 2010 Domestic First and Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2010, 7:17 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Assorted flights late Feb to Mar 1

UA 339 BOS DEN 0730 breakfast 752 -

Fruit plate with yogurt
or
Scrambled eggs with cheese, home fries with taco meat
as described by warreng24, including the fruit appie

Croissant or blueberry muffin

UA5974 DEN SJC 1500 snack CR7 -

The snack box:
Kettle Classics potato chips
Oloves tasty Mediterranean pitted green olives with basil
and garlic
Torino grissini
Pepperidge Farm butter crackers
Rondele peppercorn Parmesan pasteurized cheese spread
Chocobilly's chocolate chunk cookies

UA5882 AUS DEN 1145 snack CRJ

Brisket from Salt Lick! but I brought it

UA 735 DEN SFO 1545 snack 752 and
UA180 SFO BOS 2230 snack 752

Fruit plate as described by warreng24. The yellow cheese is
Cheddaroid.

On my flights the chocolate chip cookie were served on the same
tray with the rest of the meal.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
UA 415
United First
Boeing 767 Ghetto-Bird
Lunch

Aircraft was not clean upon boarding. There were several wrappers in my seat-back pocket, but at least the headphones and blanket were wrapped in plastic. Catering was still being boarded at the same time as boarding, so PDB was significantly delayed, but finally offered choice of OJ or water.

After take-off, drink of choice served with warm nuts. Followed by the gold "Premier snack mix." Not sure why the redundancy, but I guess one can never have enough nuts!

Followed by hot towel.

Choice of chicken terryaki salad or warm Black Forest Ham sandwich.

Having had bad experiences with UA's warm sandwichs in the past, I went with the salad. It was quite good and filling. It consisted with greens, apricots, bell peppers, candied nuts.

It was served with a warm roll with butter and warm chocolate chip cookie on the tray.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 10:54 pm

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by warreng24
(I also eat street food in asian countries also)
Me too, but there's more upside there.
Old Mar 2, 2010, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA S
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
UA 415
United First
Boeing 767 Ghetto-Bird
Lunch

Aircraft was not clean upon boarding. There were several wrappers in my seat-back pocket, but at least the headphones and blanket were wrapped in plastic. Catering was still being boarded at the same time as boarding, so PDB was significantly delayed, but finally offered choice of OJ or water.

After take-off, drink of choice served with warm nuts. Followed by the gold "Premier snack mix." Not sure why the redundancy, but I guess one can never have enough nuts!

Followed by hot towel.

Choice of chicken terryaki salad or warm Black Forest Ham sandwich.

Having had bad experiences with UA's warm sandwichs in the past, I went with the salad. It was quite good and filling. It consisted with greens, apricots, bell peppers, candied nuts.

It was served with a warm roll with butter and warm chocolate chip cookie on the tray.
They really need to change that sandwich/salad offering-I got it mid december...

And if you do get it, for the love of god go with the salad. The sandwich is a giant greasy mess
Old Mar 3, 2010, 4:23 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
3/2/10
ua238
san-iad
lfml

salmon
very spicy salad of chopped onions and tomatoes over lettuce
"low fat cookies"

no chocolate chip cookie for desert
Old Mar 3, 2010, 6:26 pm

Programs: SPG, HH, AA, UA, BD, Hyatt, TYP
UA 907
March 1
ORD-SFO
Business

Some sort of beef with a mystery sauce. Rice and broccoli was also included. The BOB from the back was more tasty than what we got in biz.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA PLT, UA 1K (2k), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by goalie
3/2/10
ua238
san-iad
lfml

salmon
"low fat cookies"

boo you must be utterly disappointed considering you had too many last time
Old Mar 3, 2010, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by goalie
3/2/10
ua238
san-iad
lfml

salmon
"low fat cookies"

was the salmon hot or cold?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 4:25 am
Suspended

Do UA flights in F still get breakfast on the EWR-ORD route @7am? UA.com specifically dosn't list a meal but if i remember correctly this is one of those routes where it dosn't list it but you do get it?

Anyone have a guess what the new EWR-ORD at 1033am route would get? Does UA even give anything in F on this route?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 4:33 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Last I heard, the ex-Business1 Flights are getting a fruit or deli plate now (cold) in lieu of a meal.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 7:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

2/25 999 IAD-STT A320 (one of the former TED birds with leather seats)

First class had the choice of an omelet with home fries, small bowl of fruit, and bagel or croossant, or fruit plate with yogurt and same bread choice. We had one of each, and both were good.

3/1 999 STT-SJU-IAD A320

First had warm nuts (and a refill), followed by a choice of a turkey sandwich (we both passed) or a spinach salad with seasoned shrimp, bacon, red peppers, and artichoke hearts, with a roll and cake. The salad was surprisingly good - I hope they keep it in the rotation.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by halls120
2/25 999 IAD-STT A320 (one of the former TED birds with leather seats)

First class had the choice of an omelet with home fries, small bowl of fruit, and bagel or croossant, or fruit plate with yogurt and same bread choice. We had one of each, and both were good.

3/1 999 STT-SJU-IAD A320

First had warm nuts (and a refill), followed by a choice of a turkey sandwich (we both passed) or a spinach salad with seasoned shrimp, bacon, red peppers, and artichoke hearts, with a roll and cake. The salad was surprisingly good - I hope they keep it in the rotation.
Those meals are the same one I had in November, December last year and January this year. It seems UA does not even bother to change menu monthly anymore.

If one looks at the "2009 Meal Threads", one should find photos of the breakfast and Shrimp Salad. I posted the turkey sandwich photo in this thread back in January.
Old Mar 4, 2010, 7:59 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Here's a new series of recent (February) meals.

Flight/Route: UA988/DEN-LAX
Aircraft/Tail/Seat: 777-200/N987UA/8J (Business)
Departure Time/Duration: 8:20 a.m./2:31
Meal: Breakfast

I took this flight in F back in December; the breakfast, unfortunately, was not as good. The good part was a nice mimosa, courtesy of the sparkling wine for sale in Y.

Breakfast was a spinach omelet with sausage and potatoes.

I don't know if this is a result of the LSG health department issue, but the eggs were those "prefab" ones you'd see at the breakfast buffet at the Hampton Inn. Little circles sized to go on an English muffin. Two of these were sandwiched with some spinach inside and a bunch of yellow cheese on top. It tasted OK, but looked tacky.

A croissant/butter/straberry jam and a small fruit bowl were also on the tray. The fruit (grapes, pineapple, melon) looked better than the December version.

Old Mar 4, 2010, 8:12 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: 1K 1MM; Bonvoy Ambassador; Nat'l EE; Hertz PC; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kurt
Here's a new series of recent (February) meals.
The good part was a nice mimosa, courtesy of the sparkling wine for sale in Y.
How did you ask for the mimosa, was it offered?
Old Mar 4, 2010, 8:14 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Flight/Route: UA466/SFO-DEN
Aircraft/Tail/Seat: A-319/N824UA/2B
Departure Time/Duration: 4:26 p.m./2:40
Meal: Dinner

After an aircraft swap (yes, I did lose my row-3 seat on the A-320, but kept my upgrade) and a late departure, smoking-hot nuts (I could see the galley ) and some Red Tree Cabernet started things off.

Dinner was a choice of tortellini or a peppered-steak salad.

A large piece of steak, sliced, was served on a bed of greens, with tomatoes, onions, cucumbers, yellow peppers and candied walnuts. Two tubs of Naturally Fresh Lite Ranch Dressing, a warm roll/butter (sourdough or whole wheat were offered) and a small piece of carrot cake were also on the single tray. This salad was great; huge, tasty and filling. The beef was tender and had a peppery flavor.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.