Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Bags (Amenity Kits) in E+

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2010, 10:37 am

Location: ORD based - All opinions expressed on this forum are my own and in no way represent the views of United Airlines or its affiliates.
Programs: Hilton Gold
They are put in the seats by Cabin Service, not the flight attendants.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BMI Silver (RIP), BA Silver
No kits in E+ on my flight yesterday

Looks like the supply of old C kits has been used up as there were none on Flight 959 LHR to ORD yesterday.

Using the C kits in E+ was a nice bonus but out of curiosity I wonder what happened to the surplus F kits when the new kit was introduced.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 6:53 pm

Location: ORD based - All opinions expressed on this forum are my own and in no way represent the views of United Airlines or its affiliates.
I did see the old F kits in the E+ seats on a number of occasions. Guess they used those up, too.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K/1MM; HH Diamond; GM for everything else
Originally Posted by iflyua2
... ... I just don't understand it! Who doesn't bring a pen when traveling internationally where they know there will be forms to be filled out? ... ...
I think this is just about the convenience, especially when you can't reach overhead bin to get one when seatbelt fight is on or just before landing.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
They are put in the seats by Cabin Service, not the flight attendants.
I heard they were put by the pursers. What cabin service you are talking about ? Cleaning crews ?

Originally Posted by PlaneBlue
Looks like the supply of old C kits has been used up as there were none on Flight 959 LHR to ORD yesterday.
I think they were put in random flights as a trial, rather than "used up", as there is no publish policy about all int'l E+ will get the kit.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Feb 8, 2010 at 7:09 am Reason: merge
Old Feb 8, 2010, 2:24 am

Programs: QF Plat LTG, UA2mm, Marriott LTP
The best UA amenity kit is the pack they give out at the Narita RCC, when going for a shower. Better than any onboard version and available for all classes.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 6:54 am

The pursers do not put the amenity kits in the seats for E+ passengers. The purser may put them in the seats for the first class passengers but that's about it. We were told that it is cabin service (cleaning crew) who puts them in the seats as they are already there when we (the flight attendants) board the flight. If they are not in the seats already and are provided for the flight, then we put them in the seats but most of the time they have been there already.

Again as far as whether or not this is a trial or just running out the supplies, I can only tell you what we were told by our management and that is that they are running out the supplies. If you are happy about receiving them, then by all means let UA know! I'm sure they are considering keeping this service if they feel that passengers really like it.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, NW forever
I'm sure they are considering keeping this service if they feel that passengers really like it.
You mean, if they feel that it could add to the bottom line.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold (1MM), AS MVP
Last week on my flight IAD-MUC kits were in E+.
This week on my flight MUC-ORD no kits in E+.
(ps: missed the storms both directions ^ )

My reasoning why not on the the return was a) daytime flight b) the stockpiles might be depleted already at the non-hub locations. Didn't bother me as I came already prepared with my own supplies, and grabbed an extra on the outbound since the loads were so light (I'm an H20 fan).
Old Feb 15, 2010, 5:31 pm

just an update:

2/9 930 SFO-LHR -- basic gray amenity kit (even the FAs seemed surprised to see them, one of them even snagged one for herself)

2/15 955 LHR-SFO -- fancier brown amenity kit (with the mouthwash)
Old Feb 15, 2010, 6:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
2/14 UA 861 IAD-GRU amenity kits in E+ plus wine. See my post here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l-edition.html
Old Feb 15, 2010, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
Originally Posted by zero savings
The best UA amenity kit is the pack they give out at the Narita RCC, when going for a shower. Better than any onboard version and available for all classes.
+1!
Old Feb 23, 2010, 8:53 am

Received the amenity kit in E+ UA906 ORD-MUC on 2/18.

Interestingly enough, I did not receive any amenity kit in C on UA903 MUC-IAD on 2/22. Daytime flight vs. nighttime flight?

On the ORD-MUC flight, they also served one bottle of free wine with dinner (not sure if it was only in E+ or throughout the economy cabin). The dinner trays they handed out already had an empty wine glass on them, and the FA did not want the drink chit I handed him, saying that one bottle of wine was free with dinner. I wasn't aware they had started doing this, but it was a nice touch.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Got the old C kit for 2/4 SEA-NRT, but didn't get one 2/18 HKG-SFO

So yesterday I sent a mail as compliment for the kit, as I was too late to to go to ualsurvey.com, who knows I was told it was an error I receive one.

Dear Mr. ORDnHKG:
Thank you for contacting us. Regarding amenity kits in economy plus is definitely a great idea, unfortunately we do not offer amenity kits in economy plus. The kit you received was in error nevertheless I hope you enjoyed it. We appreciate your comments and will forward them to the appropriate management team for review.
Regards,
Audra Edwards
United Airlines Customer Relations

The thread was started in December of 09, I wonder if this person ever know about any UA inflight service going on right now ? I know it is not a permanent item yet, but it did happen for some flights as reported, and if it does, it is every single seat in E+ have one kit.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 10:36 am

Programs: UA Gold; AA; Amtrak Select Plus;HH Diamond;Hyatt Disc;Hertz PC; Total Wine Grand Reserve!
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Got the old C kit for 2/4 SEA-NRT, but didn't get one 2/18 HKG-SFO

So yesterday I sent a mail as compliment for the kit, as I was too late to to go to ualsurvey.com, who knows I was told it was an error I receive one.

Dear Mr. ORDnHKG:
Thank you for contacting us. Regarding amenity kits in economy plus is definitely a great idea, unfortunately we do not offer amenity kits in economy plus. The kit you received was in error nevertheless I hope you enjoyed it. We appreciate your comments and will forward them to the appropriate management team for review.
Regards,
Audra Edwards
United Airlines Customer Relations

The thread was started in December of 09, I wonder if this person ever know about any UA inflight service going on right now ? I know it is not a permanent item yet, but it did happen for some flights as reported, and if it does, it is every single seat in E+ have one kit.
That's funny. Obviously a case of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. Just for fun, I would reply to Ms. Edwards, and document (based on the information in this thread) all of the flights in the past few months where the kits have been distributed "in error" in E+.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.