Wiki Posts
Search

Do you use the red carpet? - Poll

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2009, 9:26 am
eap

Programs: AS MVP 75K, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by jetsfan92588
After regular boarding has started, do you use the red carpet if only 6 or 7 people are in the line waiting to board? What if there is a long line waiting to board? Do you feel weird about it?

With nobody in either line, do you/would you enter on the red carpet, or the regular boarding line?

If you are on the red carpet waiting to board and you see someone in front of you who you know shouldn't be in that line, do you say something to them? (I mean like you see their bp and know for sure, not that they don't look like someone who's 1K or F flyer)

If you walk up to the red carpet during regular boarding and the GA doesn't acknowledge you for a little while, do you/would you open the strap thing?
I use the red carpet line if I feel like boarding early which usually coincides with my having a large carry-on bag. If there is no line at all, I'll use whichever side is currently "open".

I would never raise an objection to someone using the line. I had a 1K yell at my flying companion last week for being in the red carpet lane with a "3" on her boarding pass. His face was red when he saw us sit down next to each other in row 9 on the 757.

The agents have been improving their enforcement. Last night the passenger in front of me claimed the "2" meant he was the second person to board (e.g. "A2" on WN). He was sent to the back of the line.
Old Nov 23, 2009, 9:45 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by eap
Last night the passenger in front of me claimed the "2" meant he was the second person to board (e.g. "A2" on WN). He was sent to the back of the line.
Classic!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.