Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > United Mileage Plus (Pre-Merger)
Reload this Page >

Upside of fewer upgrades - preferring domestic Y!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upside of fewer upgrades - preferring domestic Y!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2009, 4:30 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
..Pros include: If you have a E+ or exit with the seat next to you empty..
How do you get an empty seat next to you - that is the one thing rarer than UDU striking.
Originally Posted by unavaca
Attractive FAs? Have UA 75s been flying SQ routes or something?

(I keed I keed!)
There are many aspects I like about SQ .. the hovering undead makeup wearing girls in the costumes from "Mars Attacks" are not one of them though .
Old Nov 2, 2009, 8:50 am

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Agree E+ can be tolerable, except for views. Exit row seats are almost always over the wing, and even the front rows of E+ can have visibility blocked by the engines.

Accordingly, not being able to score F on UA will likely cause me to shift to AA EXP (for F) and to airlines without F, such as WN.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 9:00 am

I had the same thought as OP after my weekend's MR to California when my upgrades did not clear. It was B757 in 15A (no recline but exit) and A320 11A. Even with the middle seat taken, I prefer tons of leg space to the First bulkhead seats. I guess it is more important for me to extend horizontally than vertically. I also loved the "premium" beer free with chits ( just runing out of the 2008 drink chit batch)
Old Nov 2, 2009, 2:26 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
There are many times I agree with you. I flew SFO-BWI last Friday and had seat 12A on the A-319. 5 feet of legroom and it looked like the FAs just ignored the F cabin for most of the flight anyway.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 2:49 pm

Programs: Mostly Mileage Plus (UGS) + AAdvantage (Gold)
Originally Posted by PanHam
For F, I think I'll take row 6 . . .
Just wondering why many people prefer row 6 on the 757. I haven't tried it yet and am afraid of potential reduced recline.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL Gold
Originally Posted by blueone
Just wondering why many people prefer row 6 on the 757. I haven't tried it yet and am afraid of potential reduced recline.
First off the plane from F. (Those Y pax in row 9 will still beat you!)

If you don't want/need the recline (I typically don't recline if working on laptop) and have a short flight / short connection it might be preferable.

It also does recline, just not the same amount as the others. Whether it's "enough" is subjective.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by ua_to_ord
Is this a serious question? The non-PS 757 has, hands down, some of the best E+ seats in the fleet.
The exit seats in the non-PS 757 (never experienced PS) are the best economy seats I've experienced; *if* that middle seat is empty. If the middle seat were empty, I'd skip the upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.