Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Number One Complaint about UA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2009, 6:01 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ryerflyer
united.com...it pales in comparison to co.com, but is still better thatn Delta.
I don't understand why people complain so much about .com. Yes, it is too slow, and it isn't the best airline website, but as the OP notes, it's better than DL, and especially AA's, which looks and works like it was designed and operated by people who programmed AOL back when it started and never learned anything else.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 6:29 am

Programs: UA 1MM *Alliance Gold
Limited non stop destinations from west coast to Europe (only LHR and FRA)
Old Nov 1, 2009, 6:33 am

Programs: SPG Gold, UA 1K, Avis PC
+another for Starnet blocking
Old Nov 1, 2009, 6:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, UA 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Columbia Record & Tape Club Triple Diamond VIP
Crappy service

1. Crappy service/bad attitude on the ground and in the air (this sours my experience on United more than any other single thing). If that means switching out the current management team, so be it.

2. Progressive devaluation of MP, even while they literally give away EQM and miles through dozens of channels. I cannot use the SWUs I get unless I pay for business class. I wouldn't pay for business on United when there are better airlines. Starnet blocking is another form of devaluing my miles.

3. Lack of AVOD in all classes. This would be one way of looking past the frankly outrageous treatment that passengers in Coach get, and of overlooking the often shoddy treatment that passengers in premium cabins get.

Sorry for posting 3, but I feel they're related.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EXP, AA-0.41MM, UA-Gold, Ex UA-1K (2006 thru 2015), PMUA-0.95MM, COUA-1.5MM-lite, AF-Silver
Originally Posted by halls120
I don't understand why people complain so much about .com. Yes, it is too slow, and it isn't the best airline website, but as the OP notes, it's better than DL, and especially AA's, which looks and works like it was designed and operated by people who programmed AOL back when it started and never learned anything else.
Mrs. mre5765 recently booked a business trip on AA.com. It has a very cool feature. The itin it emails you has a barcode. The AA check kiosks at the airport will scan the barcode to find the reservation.

My number 1 complaint is lack of consistency in boarding procedures, which affect my ability to secure space in overhead bins, especially on RJs (my carry-on is 17" long).
  • There is no reason why every station, even a UX-only station, cannot have a red carpet lane.
  • Different GAs, at different times, regardless of station decide to board GS before 1K, or sometimes both at the same time.
  • Different GAs offer pre-boarding, and some do.
  • Different GAs let 1P/*G board through the red carpet.
I don't really care what the rules are but I want them applied consistently so that I can anticipate when I can board. Knowing that my bag will be with me on the plane removes a lot of angst about traveling.

And if UA wants to change the rules so that a 1K has an equal chance of a GM sitting in front of the economy cabin in an aisle of losing overhead space, then I can adapt my carry-ons (such as going the "one bag" model) accordingly. Knowing that if I bring my current pair of carry-ons with me that I will have to check on would also remove angst, because I would pack certain items in the smaller bag accordingly or take "one bag".

Just be consistent, and don't change the rules more than once every two years.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 8:06 am

1. Paint all your freaking airplanes already. I know it's a huge fleet but come on!
Old Nov 1, 2009, 9:54 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by Ocn Vw 1K
Consistency - UA employees' consistent knowledge of and application of rules and policies and their published exceptions.
CONCUR.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 10:00 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Torn between StarNet blocking and .bomb. If the latter were improved (to offer *A award booking), I'd probably care less about the former.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 10:01 am

Programs: UA PRE EX, HH Diamond
Carlos, the the spanish equiv of Napoleon Dynamite, GA at Dulles.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 10:02 am

united.com
Old Nov 1, 2009, 11:44 am

Inability to put fares on hold on united.com.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
The inconsistency of the staff. You might get a TA that is friendly and very helpfully, then get a GA that is rude, short tempered, then get a FA that is out going, personable and will go out of thier way to make your flight the best. If UA would pruge themselves of the lazy, rude and downright hostile employee's I could see UA being a great airline. My last flight on UA ORD-PHX was a excellent flight the FA was great and she talked to each PAX in FC amd wanted to know how our flights have been.

Originally Posted by 5khours
What is everyone's biggest complaint or one thing they'd like to see improved at UA. One thing only (no lists) and no long explanations please.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 4:54 pm

Programs: VS Gold
Utter lack of respect for their customers. This is manifest in myriad ways.
Old Nov 1, 2009, 6:04 pm

Programs: Nothing worth mentioning
Starnet blocking
Old Nov 1, 2009, 6:33 pm

Starnet Blocking

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.