Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new J (business) booking class shows up

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2009, 4:42 am

Programs: MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by keithguy
It's probably being changed for the new AC-CO-LH-UA joint venture. J, C, D, Z will be the same between all four airlines
Good observation...this one probably makes the most sense. I wonder if this means C fares will be cheaper now...or just J fares more expensive.

BTW, thinking about PassPlus for 2010, but want to know how the J/C price differences play out once everything is smoothed out.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
What class will UNITED fights in RTW Biz be booked in?

Interestingly, the current offical Contract Of Carriage (where such new classes MUST be listed to be legally valid AFAIK!) in 4 month old, and makes no mention of J.

http://content.united.com/ual/asset/COC24junfinal.pdf

CLASS OF SERVICE TO OR FROM SUCH INTERMEDIATE POINT(S).
D) A FARE CONSTRUCTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH PARAGRAPH 5) BELOW.
NOTE: FOR THE PURPOSE OF PARAGRAPHS A), B) AND C), FARES ARE
PUBLISHED IN THE FOLLOWING DESCENDING CLASS OF SERVICE/BOOKING CODE

ORDER:
1) FIRST CLASS:
BOOKING CODE: F
2) RESTRICTED FIRST CLASS:
BOOKING CODE: P
BOOKING CODE: A
3) BUSINESS CLASS:
BOOKING CODE: C
4) RESTRICTED BUSINESS CLASS:
BOOKING CODE: D
BOOKING CODE: Z
5) COACH CLASS:
BOOKING CODE: Y

etc, and down thru coach codes

Last edited by iluv2fly; Oct 25, 2009 at 2:50 pm Reason: merge
Old Oct 25, 2009, 9:38 am

Programs: UA Plat-Million Miler (1.6MM), IHG-Plat Amb; Amex Plat-P, Marriott-Gold;Hertz Gold; Hilton-Gold
Smile XC, NC, XF and NF buckets ?

Oh wise FT bloggers,

Can someone kindly tell me which websites show the XC, NC, XF and NF fare bucket inventories for specific UA and *A flights ? I am familiar with Seatcounter and .bomb using the expert mode, but I have never seen these award seat buckets on those sites and am unaware how to find them at other sites. Your kind insight is appreciated.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:27 am

Programs: UA MM Platinum; HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; Starwood Gold; Hyatt Discoverist; Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by gpicur
Oh wise FT bloggers,

Can someone kindly tell me which websites show the XC, NC, XF and NF fare bucket inventories for specific UA and *A flights ?
If you search for an award ticket on .bomb (select a "standard" award to display most/all flights) it will display these classes along with the other paid classes. Give it a try.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by keithguy
It's probably being changed for the new AC-CO-LH-UA joint venture. J, C, D, Z will be the same between all four airlines
I also agree with this theory. I have a pending *A award with AC. It was originally booked in D- now the same trip is showing as booked in I, which I believe is the more typical *A booking code for business awards.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 12:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by ozstamps
What class will UNITED fights in RTW Biz be booked in?
I would expect it to stay as D.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA 1K/ 1MM, SPG Plat
Although agents aren't always correct, the woman who I spoke with at UA just now indicated (and seemed fairly knowledgeable) that the booking codes would be

C
D
J
Z

with C still remaining the highest business code. She referenced a memo they had received about this.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 12:38 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Interestingly, the current offical Contract Of Carriage (where such new classes MUST be listed to be legally valid AFAIK!) in 4 month old, and makes no mention of J.
Have not yet found any J fares / fare rules, so probably not a reality yet. We'll see if new CoC or fare rules show up Oct 27 or later.

And as posted uapremier, the 1K agent I talked to last night was not surprized by J and said it would be a discounted business
Old Oct 25, 2009, 3:35 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Former E
Originally Posted by GoDucks
I also agree with this theory. I have a pending *A award with AC. It was originally booked in D- now the same trip is showing as booked in I, which I believe is the more typical *A booking code for business awards.
AC also did a reshuffling of booking classes - business and economy - recently so they'd line up more with *A norms. Old was J/C/Z paid (high to low) D for award, and I for upgrade space.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Would that be New Jersey class and eXpressJet class?
Will the New Jersey class include legal U-turns?

Last edited by RdFltErr; Oct 25, 2009 at 5:53 pm
Old Oct 25, 2009, 6:41 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AS GM, AA Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
In speaking with 1P reservations, the agent stated that J class was added to availability in select markets, on a test basis, to put UA in line with partner carriers (LH, AC, CO). It is comparable or higher to C class, and expected to be phased in once testing is complete.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had assumed this hard info on pecking order of the new classes had been posted here other than in the "Fare booking class" thread below, but perhaps not as even recent posts here are idly speculating (quite wrongly in some cases!) on what looks like concrete data to me, so I'll add it here - seems very official to me:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...l#post12688646

Originally Posted by eegulleye

UAL just contacted us today to amend our corporate agreement to take into account biz class code changes effective Nov. 1. Here's what their amendment agreement says:

On Nov 1 United will be modifying the look of its service class inventory for all Business cabin fares in all markets. It is important to note that this reassignment does not have any impact on the performance measurement of your corporate volume agreement.

There will be no changes to your discount levels and we are working to ensure there is no impact to the negotiated savings offered in your contract.

The following demonstrates the service class changes being introduced for both ticketing and travel on November 1 for all online international fares:

International Market (Business Cabin - United)

Current Service Classes vs. Service Classes Nov. 1

C class --> J class
D class --> C class
Z class --> D or Z class

I'm not sure what the real impact of this is but today I tried to make a booking with NC upgrade for February and the agent said the waitlist for that day is closed. Two days ago there were available NC upgrades and the seating charts show only 1 person in biz class on that flight. Appears that they have frozen the upgrades until they roll this new coding system out.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:00 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
Oz looks good to me, at least until we hear otherwise. Thus the new J class will be the highest booking class with all other classes (C,D,Z) being subgroups of J.

I have noticed on KVS that the J code appears next to NC, thus I suspect it will be moved to be in front of C with some sort of software update soon.

We can also possibly assume the RTW biz ticket will now show up in C class perhaps.

The SWU's FAQ is updated to include J class as a valid fare bucket to use a SWU on.

However the new copay chart isn't updated to include the J class and still only list C,D with no mention of J.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schley

We can also possibly assume the RTW biz ticket will now show up in C class perhaps.
That was my hunch, and will await solid confirmation before changing the Fare Classes thread.

Will be interesting to see if upgrade inventory will be referred to as NC or NJ after November 1?

Glen
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:30 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle

Will be interesting to see if upgrade inventory will be referred to as NC or NJ after November 1?

Glen
That is a good point and would seem logical. Now that I think about it, it could be confusing if it didn't change to NJ if J is the highest biz fare bucket.

Maybe KVS thinks the same and the reason the J (not NJ yet) appears next to NC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.