Wiki Posts
Search

PHL RCC renovations complete

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2009, 8:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
PHL RCC renovations complete

Visited the newly renovated PHL RCC earlier this week.

The C/S podium has been replaced with a larger and nicer one. Behind the podium is the food and coffee area. There is no more food in the bar area - it's all behind the podium except a water pitcher.

The conference room immediately to the right as you enter has been opened up and replaced by a sitting area - essentially a large alcove that adds quite a bit of seating capacity to the club.

The conference room has moved to the old business room (where the work desks and copy machine were). The new conference room has a large window, table and chairs, and the copy machine.

New carpeting throughout - a nice improvement.

The new food and snack arrangement behind the podium. For those of us that get excieted about towers full of bulk snacks, cheese cubes, and toasters, you will be pleased.

The bar area. [drumroll please...] No change Still the same beat up wood and brass we've had for years.

The Bathrooms. [drumroll please...] No change This was the one thing I had hoped they would fix. Sadly, it's still the same dump it was

Tables and chairs. When I visited I was told they were still waiting on new tables etc. We'll see what happens.

The bust of Ben Franklin remains at the end of the hall - thank goodness

Overall an improvement, but not what I had expected given well over a month of closure...
Old Oct 21, 2009, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
The Bathrooms. [drumroll please...] No change This was the one thing I had hoped they would fix. Sadly, it's still the same dump it was
Is the birdhouse still there?
Old Oct 21, 2009, 9:09 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
I am VERY disappointed that there were no renovations in the bathrooms, they are old, filthy and look worse then some third world places.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
The bust of Ben Franklin remains at the end of the hall - thank goodness
Good that was my biggest concern! (seriously--because I wanted it if UA was going to get rid of it!!)

It's a shame the bathrooms were not updated--they are grimier than the airport bathrooms.

Originally Posted by warreng24
Is the birdhouse still there?
You mean the ghetto ashtrays? LOL.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 12:25 am

Programs: SPG PLT, AA EXP
Given how things have been going it'll probably wind up closed in a year or less anyway.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 3:14 pm
mab

Programs: UA GS 2Million, Marriott PP & LTPP, Amtrak Select Exec
Newly renovated RCC at PHL

The PHL Red Carpet room was closed for renovation for about a month, and is now open again. I'm sitting there now.

The (small) space is the same size as before, but has been cleaned up a bit and the layout changed slightly. The old furniture is gone, and not all the new furniture has arrived -- there are only a couple of tables and far too few power outlets.

The old workstation room (that used to have six little cubicle-desks) is now a conference room. Fortunately the (still very nice) staff opened the room up ('m sitting there now); it's the only place in the club with both a table and a nearby power outlet.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

More info here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-complete.html
Old Nov 11, 2009, 6:38 am
mab

Programs: UA GS 2Million, Marriott PP & LTPP, Amtrak Select Exec
Tables and power outlets finally being installed - 11/11/09

Better late than never: this morning they're finally getting around to installing little tables with power outlets next to the new seats:

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Nov 11, 2009 at 6:42 am Reason: IMG tag
Old Nov 11, 2009, 6:42 am

Programs: AA, UA, DL , IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold - 2009 FT Fantasy Football Champion
Any chance of moving the bust of Ben Franklin to brighten up the loo?
Old Nov 11, 2009, 8:44 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Gold
Was there yesterday and it looks nice - very small, but nice.

The best improvement I experienced was free booze! ^

I tried to buy a Corona with a drink chit and the girl behind the bar said there was no charge. No idea if it was just for that day or if it's an indication of things to come but needless to say it was a pleasant surprise.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 9:05 am

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
I've gotta admit - although very small - the PHL RCC actually was one of the nicest I've been in - least of all for the friendly atmosphere and bar lady.

Although I agree the little rooms are something to be desired (pre re-fit)

The Ben Franklin bust is just a bonus and an interesting local touch.

Alas, it's still 1) better than waiting in the gate area and 2) Better that C7 at IAD...
Old Nov 3, 2012, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Update: They are renovating the restrooms

Visited the PHL U Club yesterday and there was a sign on the entrance that the restrooms were closed and customers should use the restrooms in the terminal. The club is still open but they've blocked off the hallway leading to the restrooms.

No idea when the lav upgrades will be complete but a big ^ to the U CLub for FINALLY correcting this situation. Seems to indicate that the PHL U Club is here to stay for a while.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.