Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaii and new upgrade policy Jan. 2010

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2009, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Location: Kapalua, Maui- just paradise and Sun Valley, Idaho!!
Programs: Mileage Plus 1K .96MM (1MM this year-humm)
Earlier poster mentioned rumor about giving Hawaii residents (valid state ID) a break on co-pays. I like that!!! Has anybody else heard anything about this rumor?
Thanks
Old Oct 8, 2009, 9:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Plat, Star G, HH Diamond, Hertz 5*
Hawaii and new upgrade policy Jan. 2010 Reply to Thread

Originally Posted by mauiUAflyer
We got the new Trader Vic's on 9/27 and 10/4, HNL-SFO and LAX-OGG.
I must have just missed it! I flew LAX-HNL 9/12 and HNL-SFO 9/20. Luckily there is always next time.

I asked the FA for the Economy Luxe Snack Box and BOB Greek Salad. They were really good and I would bet much better then the chicken, it looked terrible!
Old Oct 8, 2009, 9:49 am

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by calitequilasippergirl
Lucky for me, I have both a Hawaii and Cali id and valid leases/mortgages is both locations
My Hawaii ID says "McLovin" on it. Am I eligible for the copay waiver?
Old Oct 8, 2009, 11:50 am

Programs: GGL, UA 1MM
In order to justify the co-pay, United must be planning on introducing their Internationally configured 767s on this route
Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
this HI copay is the WORST one ever. The others to europe and Asia are bad, but the airlines need the money (I guess, they do seem to get a lot of FBI) but I would RATHER give more money to another airline for a higher priced seat, that well, take it in the rear like this with UA
Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by lapeter
Earlier poster mentioned rumor about giving Hawaii residents (valid state ID) a break on co-pays. I like that!!! Has anybody else heard anything about this rumor?
Thanks
Yes, I have heard from several sources that the Hawaii Tourism Authority is currently pursing this. They have not responded to my inquiries. Also, the Authority is apparently trying to work with the airlines in lowering fares from the West Coast. West Coast fares have been high by historical standards for the past year. West Coast travelers represent over 65% of island visitors. If you can get here, now is the time to come to the islands. Hotels and restaurants are empty and virtually everyone is running 50% off specials.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.