Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Which UA stations still issue card stock boarding passes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which UA stations still issue card stock boarding passes?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2009, 8:17 am

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I have yet to find a station where, given enough time, I couldn't find a card stock BP.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 8:33 am

Programs: United 1K Million Mile flyer, Hertz Presidents Circle, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond member, Marriott
I know that in my home Airport of ORD, if you check in at the desk they give you the flimsy BP's. That is why many times even if I need to check in at the desk I will go to either the easy check in machines right next to the Premier check in or in one of the RCC's to reprint my card stock BP. If I recall the machines in the bridge between Terminal 1 and the parking also print card stock but I am not sure. The one Airport in which I can never seem to find card stock is DEN. Most of the airports if you try hard enough you will eventually find the card stock but they are phasing it out. Interestingly enough in ORD if they print you out a BP at the gate it is always card stock so I assumed it would be like this everywhere but in SFO at the gate they print the flimsy paper.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 8:34 am

Programs: UA - 1MM, DL Diamond, AS MVP75, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
SEA pretty much everywhere.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by bmvaughn
I have yet to find a station where, given enough time, I couldn't find a card stock BP.
Exactly. They usually have 'em around somewhere.

JFK at the gates prints cardstock.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by andyh64000
SEA pretty much everywhere.
Except N-gate chickens. Only thermals there. But if you ask for a re-print at the gate, they are always happy to oblige and you'll receive card stock.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
SNA Chickens by the doors are the only ones I use, and they still give the gold card stock. ^
Old Mar 30, 2009, 9:05 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Card stock at PHL and at EWR so at least I get to start my trips with proper BPs
Old Mar 30, 2009, 9:10 am

So really what the OP is interested in is which Chickens lay Golden Eggs?
Old Mar 30, 2009, 9:18 am

Programs: *G
GIG, GRU, DEN, IAD, LHR all produced hard gold stock as of <30 days

i actually prefer the thin paper. i can fold and stuff in pocket without it cardboarding out
Old Mar 30, 2009, 9:33 am

Programs: VX Elevate, UA 2P, SPG Gold
I've always gotten cardstock at the LAX Elite check-in, both the chickens and in person.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 9:58 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by beanex
At SFO, if you use the machine at curbside, they give out hard paper
correct and warreng24 has it down...it's all about how the chicken hatches your bp. look to see if it's the "width of the card stock" or the "width of thermal paper"
Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by goalie
correct and warreng24 has it down...it's all about how the chicken hatches your bp. look to see if it's the "width of the card stock" or the "width of thermal paper"
Alternatively, the Chickens next to 82 at the side of the service center also print card stock.

Wow, if UA wanted to get rid of all of these machines to cut costs, we'd really be doing their work for them here
Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA PLT, SPG PLT
Originally Posted by deniah
GIG, GRU, DEN, IAD, LHR all produced hard gold stock as of <30 days

i actually prefer the thin paper. i can fold and stuff in pocket without it cardboarding out
Where in IAD did you find a gold stock machine? I used to find them in the C/D gate Chicken area. However, on 21-March (two Saturday's ago), I checked both and they had been replaced with the thermal ones...

Any recent reports of an actual card-stock print at IAD - and if so, where is it?

-jeremy
Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by kmfdm91
Any recent reports of an actual card-stock print at IAD - and if so, where is it?
The Customer Service station has always been able to print them for me.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:52 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by kmfdm91
Where in IAD did you find a gold stock machine? I used to find them in the C/D gate Chicken area. However, on 21-March (two Saturday's ago), I checked both and they had been replaced with the thermal ones...

-jeremy
the gold vs blue stock as you know prints based on status except for locations such as las where they must have had a sale on gold stock as for years, everyone got gold stock but as to the card/hard stock chickens, again, it's a chicken hunting expedition as you have to look at how the chicken hatches the bp to determine which kind you will get

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.