Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Annie is a rock star (aka United in Australia) (retired 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Annie is a rock star (aka United in Australia) (retired 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2008, 1:57 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
What a gem she is. Alas, I cannot load the photo of here as i accidently deleted the photo of her - perhaps next month when i am at SYD.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 7:48 pm

Programs: VA Platinum / QF Platinum
After reading about Annie for years, I am routing through SYD today and sought out Annie to tell her a big thank you for all the FlyerTalkers. This was my first experience with her, and we had quite a nice chat. She said she doesn't even own a computer nor really understand what all the hubub is about. She said, in her own modest way, that she just loves what she does and when you do that its not even work. She bragged how she thinks she's cool now that she can send text messages! She is genuinely touched that so many people stop by to talk to her.

She said that someone printed off a couple of posts for her to read one time which got me to thinking that we should get everyone interested to write her a message and we can compile them into a book for her to read through. If we want to start a "thank Annie" movement, I'd be happy to assemble it together and deliver it to her.
Old Feb 19, 2009, 8:41 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
Smile

Originally Posted by marinersdave
She said that someone printed off a couple of posts for her to read one time which got me to thinking that we should get everyone interested to write her a message and we can compile them into a book for her to read through. If we want to start a "thank Annie" movement, I'd be happy to assemble it together and deliver it to her.
What a fantastic idea....."The FT Annie Fan Club"

If only the majority of UA employees were like her....sigh!
Old Feb 20, 2009, 4:41 am

Programs: Virgin Aus Platinum; UA 1K; Sofitel Platinum (A-Club); Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold / Premium Club
Annie is my favorite. Sent this note to Glenn and got the following back:

-----Original Message-----
To: [GCG-AP_AUS]
Cc: Dolan, Scott [WHQAO]; Tague, John [HDQPO]
Subject: Re: Employee Complement

Thanks for your gracious note and recognition of Annie and her exemplary customer service, XXXX ... We will be sure to pass it along and add our appreciation.

Best regards,

Glenn

To: Tilton, Glenn [HDQPO]
Subject: Employee Complement
Glenn,

Wanted to write and let you know what a gem of an employee you have with Annie. Annie is a United employee based in the Air New Zealand Koru Club in Sydney. On each and every trip Annie welcomes me with a warm smile and a hug, and her service delivery is the best I have seen globally throughout the United network. From calming irate passengers to making each and everyone feel welcomed and special, Annie has a way of making us all feel like rock stars. This was extremely apparent at last year's premium cabin launch party in Sydney, where Annie seemed to get more attention than the new seats (which are excellent by the way).

Overall, Annie is a true asset to your organization and one of the main reasons I keep coming back. Regardless of what is thrown her way, Annie handles the situation with professionalism and poise -- winning over even the most challenging passengers.
Old Feb 20, 2009, 4:53 am

Programs: VA Plat, QF LTS, UA MM, Hilton Diamond, Rydges Black, ,Le-Club Gold
Don't get your hopes up, I wrote a similar message about Sam (lady in the SYD call center) but she got fired anyway along with the rest of the UA SYD staff (except Annie, for now).
Old Mar 12, 2009, 9:18 am
In Memoriam

Programs: UA 1K, RCC; AA EXP; HH Diamond; CC Gold
Originally Posted by marinersdave
After reading about Annie for years, I am routing through SYD today and sought out Annie to tell her a big thank you for all the FlyerTalkers. This was my first experience with her, and we had quite a nice chat. She said she doesn't even own a computer nor really understand what all the hubub is about. She said, in her own modest way, that she just loves what she does and when you do that its not even work. She bragged how she thinks she's cool now that she can send text messages! She is genuinely touched that so many people stop by to talk to her.
Had a very similar experience with Annie on March 9th. She worked very hard to ensure my seat was to my liking & makes everyone feel so welcomed. What an asset to United! ^^^

Also, on one of my passes by the front desk, she waved me over as she had mentioned FT to the NZ agents at the desk and I pulled up this thread for them all to read through. Hope they liked it! I'll be back in SYD next week & hope Annie is working again!
Old Mar 12, 2009, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by UNITED863
Had a very similar experience with Annie on March 9th. She worked very hard to ensure my seat was to my liking & makes everyone feel so welcomed. What an asset to United! ^^^

Also, on one of my passes by the front desk, she waved me over as she had mentioned FT to the NZ agents at the desk and I pulled up this thread for them all to read through. Hope they liked it! I'll be back in SYD next week & hope Annie is working again!
Ah, I'm glad this thread resurfaced. I hope the famous Annie will be at SYD during my MR to SYD in May!
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot LTP, Hyatt Globalist
I saw Annie from afar when I was in Sydney yesterday. I didn't have a chance to speak to her but let me assure you, everyone in that lounge is exceptional. They made certain I had the best possible seating arrangment for my very long trip back to SFO in coach.
Old Mar 12, 2009, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA, 1K 2MM
More than a star - an Aussie saint!

I could not think of a better thread to post my first communication on FT. Out of Sydney many times a year and visiting the former RCC and now KoruC the highlight of the trip is always seeing Annie. For Annie you are the customer and therefore your are special and deserve the best treatment and service available. It's a shame that UA cannot infuse the spirit of Annie into all their operating staff! She's Aussie, she's in Sydney and she's a saint!
Old Mar 12, 2009, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by IainC
I could not think of a better thread to post my first communication on FT. Out of Sydney many times a year and visiting the former RCC and now KoruC the highlight of the trip is always seeing Annie. For Annie you are the customer and therefore your are special and deserve the best treatment and service available. ... She's Aussie, she's in Sydney and she's a saint!
Wow - welcome to FT and the UA board! I note you have waited nearly a year to make your first post!
Old Mar 12, 2009, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by harryhv

Don't get your hopes up, I wrote a similar message about Sam (lady in the SYD call center) but she got fired anyway along with the rest of the UA SYD staff (except Annie, for now).
Agree Sam was absolutely superb .. shame UA sacked the lot of them, and patch us thru to Manila where I can't understand half of what they say.

And with Delta about to pounce soon United will wish they had not cut Australia adrift in their complacent Duopoly mode.

I was in NY all this week and DL are running FULL PAGE 'New York Times' ads saying in essence - "From Downtown to Downunder - we are the airline for you."

We also watched the inaugural Virgin Australia flight to LA taxi off from under us ith Sir Richard on board, from windows of the RCC/Koru Club 2 weeks back:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s...UR/1a-2462.jpg

Which will greatly increase UA woes on the SYD-LAX run, before DL even starts up.

Anyway Annie was most helpful that day, as we had not gotten seats together upstairs, and had seats 13 one side, and 13 the other side of the plane.

She knows me, and offered to page both other pax in lounge, to ask each nicely if they'd swap. Hoping one would agree. She did that paging twice.

Neither was there sadly, but we appreciated the effort she took to try and sort it before we got on plane. ^

Glen

Last edited by ozstamps; Mar 12, 2009 at 11:23 pm
Old Mar 12, 2009, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA, 1K 2MM
UA shot itself in the foot outsourcing from SYD to Manilla and agree they will pay as the transPacific competition hots up. FYI - I can't understand the folks in Manilla either and started calling the USA 1K desk using VOIP phone - works like a gem and free call.

That's our Annie!
Old Mar 23, 2009, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I am in the AZ Lounge now, and was speaking to a very friendly agent without realizing who it was...and lo and behold, I realized it was the famous Annie...here's hoping that she can work some magic for my SYD-LAX flight about to board...I'm in "E+", but am hoping for an open row such as I had on the hop over here...it doesn't sound good from the sound of the GA at the gate I just de-boarded from on the MEL-SYD hop...and a UFC offering was around AUD$1200.00...
Old Mar 24, 2009, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
I am in the AZ Lounge now, and was speaking to a very friendly agent without realizing who it was...and lo and behold, I realized it was the famous Annie
Yes, she is wonderful, but I didn't realize that the Italians had picked her up.

There you go...
Old Mar 24, 2009, 10:12 am

Programs: UA 2P
I was just in the NZ lounge on Sunday, they said it was Annie's day off. Maybe next time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.