Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Annie is a rock star (aka United in Australia) (retired 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Annie is a rock star (aka United in Australia) (retired 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2008, 3:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Too bad I didn't think of saying "hi" when we went through last month.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by river_rower
Merry Christmas Annie.

You gave me the very best gift of 2007; the last upgrade C seat on my last flight home for the year; SYD to SFO, upper deck, 16A. Sweet!...
Did she hold the upgrade raffles once more? Calling pax after pax by name only to publicly announce them that they will not get the UG ?

Oh the good ol'times in the narrow RCC!
Originally Posted by SASfan
Who is this Annie lady?
A SYD lounge lady the FT crowd chose to 'elect' as the mascot of the late SYD RCC.
Old Dec 16, 2008, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold, 1.8MM; Marriott lifetime Titanium
I personally wished Annie happy holidays last Saturday and told her that she solely makes SYD one of the most pleasant UA stations in the system. She really is over the top, and I always look forward to chatting with her when I am there!!
Old Dec 16, 2008, 5:27 pm

Programs: UA GS, BA Gold, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, IHG Gold, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Annie is the most friendly UA employee I've ever met ^

Merry Christmas
Old Dec 16, 2008, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
My gosh, it's been several years since I have been to SYD. I totally had forgotten about her. She is a gem! :-:
Old Dec 16, 2008, 8:20 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List, Alaska MVP
Hopefully I'll meet her soon, sounds like a champ.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 1:56 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
I am flying on NZ to LAX on Saturday. Will pop into NZ lounge for pre departure drinks and hopefully Annie will be on duty - will print this out so she can have a read since she doesn't have a PC at home.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 2:27 pm

Programs: UAL 1K/1MM, Go Zags!
[QUOTE=weero;10918747]Did she hold the upgrade raffles once more? Calling pax after pax by name only to publicly announce them that they will not get the UG ?

Oh the good ol'times in the narrow RCC!

That would be correct, "Mr. Schmidlap, please step forward. Your upgrade did not clear." Brutal but highly entertaining, especially if you get the golden ticket...

And yes, down in the cave, the skinniest RCC in the network. The recent combo of Annie and the magnificent Koru Club upstairs makes it my favourite departure point in the system.

Send her my holiday greetings as well!^
Old Dec 17, 2008, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Hijacking the thread just a little, this touching story about Annie reminds me of a similar situation at MSP. I was through there a couple weekends ago, only to find my trusty former RCC person (can't bring myself to call her a matron) working the gate. She saw me come up, gave me a little wink and handed me the already printed F BP saying "I wondered when you'd show up." They just don't make people like this anymore.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Plenty
See my previous thread on "Annie is a rock star".

She is half the reason why US-Australia on UA is bearable given the frequent delays, breakdowns, and utter absence of any UA staff of support in Australia otherwise.

Not sure where the sour grapes come from - she makes a point getting in touch with most but all UA travelers in the Koru Lounge. And she certainly cannot give out upgrades which do not exist.

One of the best UA employees hands down.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 7:06 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by travelcomments
See my previous thread on "Annie is a rock star".

She is half the reason why US-Australia on UA is bearable given the frequent delays, breakdowns, and utter absence of any UA staff of support in Australia otherwise.

Not sure where the sour grapes come from - she makes a point getting in touch with most but all UA travelers in the Koru Lounge. And she certainly cannot give out upgrades which do not exist.

One of the best UA employees hands down.
Annie......Tom, my brother Billy,and my son Tim...LOVE YOU!!!! Happy Holidays babe.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 7:51 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE
I finally met the fabulous Annie yesterday - was in the NZ lounge flying on NZ118. I went up and introduced myself and told her she was a celebrity amongst us FTers. She just loved it! What a genm of a person - she reminds me of everyones favourite Aunty,. I even took a photo of her by will post upon my return to SYD

Merry Xmas Everyone

btw..am typing this from the Biz Lounge at AKL waiting for NZ6 to LAX.
Old Dec 20, 2008, 9:05 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Annie helped get my iPhone back!

Late kudos to Annie and the entire ANZ Lounge staff in SYD. On Nov. 22, I was recharging my laptop and iPhone in the lounge when UA840 was called. I hastily packed up (perhaps too hastily with all the free libations) and proceeded to gate 60.

Comfortably ensconced in 16A, I was happy until the "turn off all electronics" call went out. I reached to switch my iPhone into "Airplane Mode" and was shocked when it wasn't there. I did a quick search of my carry on, side compartment and person with no luck, then asked a FA if she could try to contact the lounge -- no luck, as they had just closed the door. Despite good service, I wasn't very happy on that flight.

Nineteen hours later, after a transfer through LAX to SBP, I finally got through to the lounge. No luck, no iPhone. I left a description and contact details, then began wondering if my travel insurance would cover the missing phone.

The next night, my home phone rang and I was surprised to hear Annie on the line. She asked for a better description of my iPhone: color, case details, etc. After I gave the info, she surprised me by saying, "You'll never believe this, but a cleaner found your phone under a chair." I was ecstatic! Annie told me she couldn't ship it, but would be happy to hold onto the phone for a few days until I could get a friend of a friend to pick it up.

So, again, kudos to Annie and the staff of the SYD Koru lounge, which not only saved me $500, but also strengthened my faith in humanity.

Last edited by jcb10; Dec 20, 2008 at 9:06 pm Reason: fixed typos
Old Dec 30, 2008, 9:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MrSydney
will print this out so she can have a read since she doesn't have a PC at home.
So I'm guessing you actually did do this? Annie was overjoyed at telling me yesterday how someone had managed to print out this thread and give her a copy about a week ago!
Old Dec 30, 2008, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Sounds like one of the UA stars. Now if there were more of her all over UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.