Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Annie is a rock star (aka United in Australia) (retired 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Annie is a rock star (aka United in Australia) (retired 2020)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2009, 7:26 am

Programs: Various
I finally met the incomparable Annie in the SYD Koru club on March 26. We wanted to upgrade the four of us from E+ to C. She worked her magic to get us what seemed to be the last four C seats, and then continued to work with the check-in and gate agents to get us 3 seats together + 1 desirable extra seat (which we were able to trade for the 4th seat in our row). She was truly amazing! I am very grateful to her.

Also, we talked a bit about FT, and she asked me to pass on the news that she was away recently due to her mother passing away. She said that rather than being merely a mournful occasion, it was a wonderful celebration of her 95 years of terrific life. If the rest of Annie's family is anything like her, I don't doubt that at all.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 9:14 am

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
I am going to have the pleasure of meeting her in May. With the way y'all are carrying on, it really sounds like she carries a magic wand.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by mechteach
We wanted to upgrade the four of us from E+ to C. She worked her magic to get us what seemed to be the last four C seats
Sounds good.

What instruments were you using.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:13 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
Does she like having her picture taking?

Sounds like a superstar I would like to have hung on my wall.^
Old Mar 30, 2009, 9:04 am

Programs: UA 2P
After 5 trips to Australia in the last 8 months, I finally met Annie. VERY sweet lady said that someone was coming out to interview her; I thought she said from FT. She re-iterated that she doesn't even go on-line but thanked everyone for all the kind words and greetings from passengers. I recommend that if you’re traveling through SYD, stop in for at least a chat with Annie at the NZ lounge. (The lounge is great too!)
Old Apr 4, 2009, 8:11 pm

Programs: UA MM /Gold ; AS MVP Gold; SWA A LIst and CP; HH Gold; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Plat Elite
Originally Posted by rosieox
..... said that someone was coming out to interview her; I thought she said from FT......
My travelling companion and I had the pleasure of shaking Annie's hand today. She said that someone from HQ Chicago will be going to Sydney to interview her next Tuesday. She said that it was all based on this thread on FT. Way to go!!!

OOH... I wonder if someone in a cubicle was looking to get out of ORD for a few days? Nonetheless it all points towards SOMEONE at ORD monitoring FT!!
Old Apr 4, 2009, 10:41 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Originally Posted by lainys
My travelling companion and I had the pleasure of shaking Annie's hand today. She said that someone from HQ Chicago will be going to Sydney to interview her next Tuesday. She said that it was all based on this thread on FT. Way to go!!!

OOH... I wonder if someone in a cubicle was looking to get out of ORD for a few days? Nonetheless it all points towards SOMEONE at ORD monitoring FT!!
I was in SYD on Tuesday but I missed Annie as she took the day off. I spoke with her boss and she told me the same thing - thanks to FT and this thread, someone from WHQ was coming out to do an interview which will appear in Hemispheres. She is definitely a "rock star" around the world.
Old Apr 4, 2009, 11:21 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
I was in SYD on Tuesday but I missed Annie as she took the day off. I spoke with her boss and she told me the same thing - thanks to FT and this thread, someone from WHQ was coming out to do an interview which will appear in Hemispheres. She is definitely a "rock star" around the world.
It is a shame that either United could not clone Annie and have her "installed" in RCC's in the US, or they give her an nice holiday with a bit a training of RCC clubs in the US - especially IAD!
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA MM /Gold ; AS MVP Gold; SWA A LIst and CP; HH Gold; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Markie
It is a shame that either United could not clone Annie and have her "installed" in RCC's in the US, or they give her an nice holiday with a bit a training of RCC clubs in the US - especially IAD!
I'd add HNL based on my experience from last week. Times like this confirm I only fly UA because I have little other choice for SFO/SJC to places I need to get to.

Started the outbound portion of my first MR. SFO-HNL-LAX-SYD. Everything was on time so with 2 hrs in HNL I thought it would be nice to use the facilities in RCC. The RCC dragon initially wouldn't let me in. She told me that I was only entitled to use RCC at LAX not HNL since technically I was connecting domestically thru HNL. I had read extensively on various threads relating to "MR tips" including bringing a printout of *A benefits that spell out I could use any RCC when there is an international sector. I waited patiently while she called someone to check (not sure who) but in the end she let me in with an insincere apology and a "can't let just anyone in" comment.

What an absolute contrast to Annie who told me she was glad to have me bring a friend into RCC (in Sydney). I'd love to see her cloned too!
Old Apr 6, 2009, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lainys
I'd add HNL based on my experience from last week. Times like this confirm I only fly UA because I have little other choice for SFO/SJC to places I need to get to.

Started the outbound portion of my first MR. SFO-HNL-LAX-SYD. Everything was on time so with 2 hrs in HNL I thought it would be nice to use the facilities in RCC. The RCC dragon initially wouldn't let me in. She told me that I was only entitled to use RCC at LAX not HNL since technically I was connecting domestically thru HNL. I had read extensively on various threads relating to "MR tips" including bringing a printout of *A benefits that spell out I could use any RCC when there is an international sector. I waited patiently while she called someone to check (not sure who) but in the end she let me in with an insincere apology and a "can't let just anyone in" comment.

What an absolute contrast to Annie who told me she was glad to have me bring a friend into RCC (in Sydney). I'd love to see her cloned too!

I had trouble getting into the HNL lounge with my UA BP as well during my SYD mileage run. The agent just could not figure out whether to let me in or not. Annoyed, I just handed her my BMI card. I hate to charge BD $20 or so for UA's incompetence, but I was tired of standing at the desk.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
i will try to say hello to Anne today!^
Old Apr 6, 2009, 6:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, BD Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
I had trouble getting into the HNL lounge with my UA BP as well during my SYD mileage run. The agent just could not figure out whether to let me in or not. Annoyed, I just handed her my BMI card. I hate to charge BD $20 or so for UA's incompetence, but I was tired of standing at the desk.
Doesn't the computer just tell them what to do? That's what happened when I was there in March during my SYD run. She did not let me talk...she just said let's see what the computer tells me.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by why fly
i will try to say hello to Anne today!^
I just did.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 8:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
I am in the lounge now and just met Mary from United HQ! She was here getting pictures of Anne for the internal United network.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 8:44 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA, US, AS, Marriott, Radisson, Hilton
Originally Posted by sdflyer1976
Doesn't the computer just tell them what to do?
... but GIGO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.