Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

"Please Accept Our Apology" (Online Replacement for Skykit) Thread [Merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Please Accept Our Apology" (Online Replacement for Skykit) Thread [Merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2008, 9:20 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MPVG
Originally Posted by drummingcraig
FWIW, I submitted two "claims" via this link after I read about it. The first was for a broken IFE jack in F on a domestic flight (no skykit offered) and I got a response after 2 days (was promised 4,000 miles but as of yet they haven't appeared in my account-email was received 6 days ago).
I tried this as well after a canceled flight during the holiday "mess". I got a similar response (in timeliness and 'value'), but it took the miles about two weeks to post. Sit tight and they should show up.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:35 am

Programs: UA 1K; SPG Plat; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Wiggums
Hmm, I did get a SkyKit (letter and blue thing with "Our apologies for the inconvenience..." with an "International" on the bottom right due to UA916 being delayed by 6 hours.

Nobody said anything about the web and since I wasn't given the code to put in, I didn't use it.

And I gave it to an FA Sunday, and it's now Wednesday. I have yet to hear from them.
I got a traditional skykit on 12/28, gave it back to the FA filled out and have heard nothing a month later.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:58 am

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
Oh, man! Ugh...

I didn't even get an e-mail or anything. I mean, six hour delay is hardly something to scoff at.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 7:05 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
I never gave a SkyKit back to the FA, always mailed it in myself. Received response about 10 business days later.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 7:58 am

Programs: HH Silver, Eurostar CarteBlanche
Originally Posted by SFO 1K
I never gave a SkyKit back to the FA, always mailed it in myself. Received response about 10 business days later.
SFO1K, With the old paper skykits that is actually the fastest way to a response. I always offered pax that option if they preferred but I also pointed out that it was not postage paid and I think it was a bit unfair to expect passengers inconvienanced to assume the postage fees as well.

Skykits routed through the crew are put in a doc box internationally, presumable given to the CSR domestically ( not sure on that point). They then are routed through company mail ( slow boat to Chicago) which is where time lag in reply is.

Luckily the new forms/web address will eliminate this delay.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 8:06 am

Programs: UA/MAR
So is there any confirmation that this form will work without the "serial number" or whatever it is that is requested at the top of the form? I've been using the "Post Travel Support" contact us form to send in complaints, but I wonder if this will work better/easier? I'm about .333 for getting skykits when I am entitled to one, so I need to know where I can complain when the in-flight crew thinks my complaint is invalid.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 8:13 am

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
It's been over a month and I still have gotten no response from UA. I used theur site and filled everything out but nothing yet. Anyone else having problems with the complaint site?
Old Jan 31, 2008, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by livitup
So is there any confirmation that this form will work without the "serial number" or whatever it is that is requested at the top of the form?
My wife and I were on a 3 hr Ted flight on MLK day where both our reading lights in row 11 were dead (it was a late afternoon/evening flight, so insufficient outside light for reading).

I filled out the post-flight survey for me and mentioned this explicitly. For my wife, I tried this new report form (no serial number). No response (or compensation) in either case.

(in all fairness, I don't quite know what fair compensation would be in a case of a $278 SFO-ORD-FLL RT with the lights out on one of four segments... I would just be happy if they made sure their equipment was functioning properly).
Old Jan 31, 2008, 9:01 am
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
I used the online skykit machine to get compensation for a canceled flight..it worked pretty well.
Old Jan 31, 2008, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1P, SPG Gold
On flight 886 (KIX-SFO) on 1/26, there was miscommunication between the pilot and the FAs, so breakfast was not served before arriving in SFO. The pilot wanted everyone seated (including FAs) the last hour of the flight due to expected turbulence. The pilot announced this near the beginning of the flight, but I guess the FAs mentally tuned out the pilot when he came on to announce things and the word was never passed to the FAs until it was too late. Not a horrible thing, but the FAs passed out the web sky kit forms with serial numbers. I went to the website that evening, filled out the web form, had my choice of certs or miles (I chose the miles), and the miles were deposited in my account the next day.

For me this new web based system worked extremely well. ^
Old Jan 31, 2008, 3:25 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
I used the online skykit machine to get compensation for a canceled flight..it worked pretty well.
I did the same approximately four weeks ago (mechanical delay) and never heard anything back. (I was not given a web-based SkyKit serial number.)
Old Feb 4, 2008, 1:45 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
I received one of the new online skykit forms on a flight last night where they failed to board my special meal (it was a snack flight).

I filled out the on line form and was offered my choice of:

4,000 bonus miles
1 500 mile ecert
10% off my next flight (good through 4/29/09)
$50 ecert

I took the $50 ecert, as it had the best value for me.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 2:15 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
i filled out the form when I had misplaced the hard copy skykit I had received. SO (1K) got a $400 voucher. Me ( also 1K ) got a $200 voucher. But I had no codes or anything and it still worked.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 3:02 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jan_az
i filled out the form when I had misplaced the hard copy skykit I had received. SO (1K) got a $400 voucher. Me ( also 1K ) got a $200 voucher. But I had no codes or anything and it still worked.
What did you receive the skykit for?
Old Feb 4, 2008, 9:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by sneezyalex
It's been over a month and I still have gotten no response from UA. I used theur site and filled everything out but nothing yet. Anyone else having problems with the complaint site?
I filled out the form after my lax-syd when mechanical back in Jan... 24 hour delay. I wasn't given a skykit or anything...so I filled out the little online form a couple of weeks ago. Nothing so far....sometimes I think that UA just doesn't like me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.