FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   "Please Accept Our Apology" (Online Replacement for Skykit) Thread [Merged] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/773080-please-accept-our-apology-online-replacement-skykit-thread-merged.html)

lilpisher Dec 29, 2007 10:42 pm

"Please Accept Our Apology" (Online Replacement for Skykit) Thread [Merged]

On my flight today (SFO-OGG 37) we had inoperable video displays. At the end of the flight, the purser announced that we could all visit www.united.com/appreciation and fill in our information. It looks similar to what I would expect a skykit to be like (based on what I've read on FT). After submitting, it says you will receive a response within 7-10 days via email. This might actually be a benefit, as opposed to an "enhancement":eek:

lucky9876coins Dec 29, 2007 10:45 pm

Hmm, very interesting, although not sure if I totally understand. This seems like a site where the whole plane should be compensated, for example inoperable IFE for everyone, a huge delay, etc. A skykit is usually for issues with individuals as opposed to the whole plane, so I think this makes a lot of sense, rather than handing out 300 skykits to passengers. I am guessing someone at UA would report this to whoever is in charge of this part of the site so they know whether that flight is "worthy" of compensation.

lilpisher Dec 29, 2007 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by lucky9876coins (Post 8972933)
Hmm, very interesting, although not sure if I totally understand. This seems like a site where the whole plane should be compensated, for example inoperable IFE for everyone, a huge delay, etc. A skykit is usually for issues with individuals as opposed to the whole plane, so I think this makes a lot of sense, rather than handing out 300 skykits to passengers. I am guessing someone at UA would report this to whoever is in charge of this part of the site so they know whether that flight is "worthy" of compensation.

You're exactly right. I'm going on about 4 hours of sleep over the past two nights and really dragging. I definitely got the impression that the purser planned on reporting to UA the inoperable IFE to "validate" our claims. I did notice, however, that there was a entry box for a number/code of some sort - I'm wondering if this would be used for individual problems.

Droneklax Dec 29, 2007 10:54 pm

WOW!

I was on UA 934 LAX-LHR a few days ago that was diverted to JFK. Out of curiosity I put in the flight info and my details, and here come 17,500 MP Miles as compensation.

Yeah!:^:

I also got a little love note:

Dear Prof Droneklax,

On behalf of United Airlines, I want to express my sincere apologies for the inconvenience or disappointment you were caused with the diversion and ultimate cancellation of Flight 934.

Our management team advised our office of the circumstances surrounding your flight from LAX on December 18, 2007. We know we cannot replace time lost while waiting and regret any frustration associated with this disruption to your travel plans. Although our goal is to handle these types of situations in a pleasant, quick and organized manner, we're truly sorry if we did not provide the quality of service that you expect and deserve from United. Thank you for your patience and cooperation as we made preparations to get you safely on your way.

Please let me assure you that we are thoroughly evaluating our recovery efforts in order to improve coordination of services for our customers on future flights. Again, your satisfaction and business mean a great deal to United. We will look forward to the privilege of serving you better.

Sincerely,

Pamela A. Coslet
Senior Manager
Customer Relations
Thank you lilpisher for sharing this nugget.

lilpisher Dec 29, 2007 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Droneklax (Post 8972954)
WOW!

I was on UA 934 LAX-LHR a few days ago that was diverted to JFK. Out of curiosity I put in the flight info and my details, and here come 17,500 MP Miles as compensation.

Yeah!:^:

I also got a little love note:

Thank you lilpisher for sharing this nugget.

No problem. I'm glad I finally have something "new" to contribute to the board :D

That is really quick turn-around.

lucky9876coins Dec 29, 2007 11:02 pm

WOW, VERY impressive!^

Droneklax Dec 29, 2007 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by lilpisher (Post 8972972)
No problem. I'm glad I finally have something "new" to contribute to the board :D

and (WOW)*(WOW): I just checked my MP balance, the 17,500 mile got transferred to my account immediately as "CUSTOMER APPRECIATION TIER F"

I am impressed.

lilpisher, you get a cookie AND a medal.:D

cepheid Dec 30, 2007 12:10 am

So, would this work for individual inconveniences, rather than entire planeloads? On our recent IAD-SFO, the audio jack was flaky (required holding the plug at all times), and we received a skykit. If we can do this online rather than mailing, it would be even easier... though I might prefer a paper voucher over an e-cert.

lucky9876coins Dec 30, 2007 7:49 am

Originally Posted by cepheid (Post 8973089)
So, would this work for individual inconveniences, rather than entire planeloads? On our recent IAD-SFO, the audio jack was flaky (required holding the plug at all times), and we received a skykit. If we can do this online rather than mailing, it would be even easier... though I might prefer a paper voucher over an e-cert.

I would give it a try, but I highly doubt it.

chitownflyer Dec 30, 2007 9:59 am

Our plane had the issue on an international flight with the lights staying on for a 14 hour international flight, we all received the blue skykits upon leaving the plane. An alternative is to call customer relations, as they can assist you with issues from a flight, so make sure you have the flight info and date handy.

lilpisher Dec 30, 2007 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Droneklax (Post 8972983)

lilpisher, you get a cookie AND a medal.:D

I only want the cookie if its warmed :D

lilpisher Dec 30, 2007 11:39 am

Originally Posted by cepheid (Post 8973089)

On the second screen there is an entry box for a code. I would enter your info on the first page, and then see if the code they are referencing comes from a skykit.

cepheid Dec 30, 2007 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by lilpisher (Post 8974596)
then see if the code they are referencing comes from a skykit.

There's no specific "code" on the skykit; the employee fills out the top portion, which includes name, file number, aircraft type, and the problem (chosen from checkboxes). The bottom part is for the passenger info, so there's no specific code anywhere.

drummingcraig Dec 30, 2007 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by lilpisher (Post 8974596)
On the second screen there is an entry box for a code. I would enter your info on the first page, and then see if the code they are referencing comes from a skykit.

It should also be noted that the code is listed as "optional". Wonder how they track actual issues without some sort of reference code? :confused:

Craig

lilpisher Dec 30, 2007 5:37 pm

I guess that answers that. I've never received a Skykit - so that was my only logical explanation for, as Craig pointed out, the optional code.