Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Consolidated ORD connection time/logistics-Domestic & International {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2024, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The People Mover /ATS, O’Hare’s (ORD) shuttle train, to close until Fall 2019

E to C gate shuttle discountinedMCT Feb 2021 from ExpertFlyer.com
Code:
STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE .50 1.15 1.30 1.30
OFFLINE .50 1.15 1.30 1.30
** OR * ARE ALL

UA-UA DD .45 AUA - ALL
UA-UA DD .45 DUB - ALL
UA-UA DD .45 FLT 3160 - 6384 - FLT 1 - 2839 NAS - ALL
UA-UA DD .45 FLT 3160 - 6384 - FLT 3160 - 6384 NAS - ALL
UA-UA DD .45 NAS - ALL
UA-UA DD .45 SNN - ALL
UA-UA DD .40 FLT 3160 - 6384 - FLT 1 - 2839
UA-UA DD .40 FLT 3160 - 6384 - FLT 3160 - 6384
UA-UA DD .35
UA-UA DI .45 AUA - ALL
UA-UA DI .45 DUB - ALL
UA-UA DI .45 NAS - ALL
UA-UA DI .45 SNN - ALL
UA-UA DI .40
UA-UA ID 1.30 GRU - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 HKG - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 MEX - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 MTY - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 PEK - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 PVG - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.25 SIN - ALL
UA-UA ID 1.20
UA-UA II 1.30 GRU - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 HKG - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 MEX - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 MTY - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 PEK - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 PVG - ALL
UA-UA II 1.25 SIN - ALL
UA-UA II 1.20
older MCT ORD MCT data - Sept 2016

Archive: Consolidated ORD connection time/logistics-Domestic & International {Archive}
Print Wikipost

Consolidated ORD connection time/logistics-Domestic & International {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA MM, Marriott LT Plat
Kacee and TomMM - Thanks for the insight. In looking more closely at the baggage policy at https://www.united.com/cms/en-US/travel/pages/checkedbaggage.aspx?expandItem=connect it seems that I fall under the " Making a connection that involves an overnight stay" bullet, even though the connection time is only 11.5 hours. For what its worth, T-24 on the second leg puts me a few hours prior to driving to SFO, so there should be no issues in at least getting boarding passes. I'll ask at SFO if they can check thru to PUJ but at least now I know to plan on having to lug the suitcase to the hotel.
Old May 2, 2018, 8:12 am

Any word as to whether T1 to T5 busing will begin this summer? We are scheduled for a 2.5 hour connection from UA to LX and would love to have time to visit the Polaris lounge. If not, it seems like walking to the end of G and taking the bus is about a wash with taking the train and going back through TSA in T5.

On the way back, has ORD added a dedicated Global Entry exit lane from baggage claim at T5? Thanks.
Old May 2, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by stampchez
Any word as to whether T1 to T5 busing will begin this summer? We are scheduled for a 2.5 hour connection from UA to LX and would love to have time to visit the Polaris lounge. If not, it seems like walking to the end of G and taking the bus is about a wash with taking the train and going back through TSA in T5.

On the way back, has ORD added a dedicated Global Entry exit lane from baggage claim at T5? Thanks.
The last update posted on this thread said that United was looking in to it. It is in post #92 (for some reason the direct link doesn't work for me) and was posted last November. I suggest posting on that thread to see if the thread's OP has an update.

The last time I exited from T5, there was a sign for Global Entry holders at the normal exit. You walk up and the agent clearing passengers would take you next. That was last fall. I do not know if it has changed since then.
Old May 10, 2018, 10:28 pm

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
international to domestic MCT at ORD

Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
Does anyone know why MEX has a special exception for intl to domestic connection time of 85 min instead of the standard 75 min?
Can someone confirm that UA's MCT at ORD is still 75 minutes? Thank you!
Old May 10, 2018, 10:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Totoro
Can someone confirm that UA's MCT at ORD is still 75 minutes? Thank you!
It depends upon the specific inbound. It's 75 minutes by default, but 85+ for SIN (?), PVG, GRU, MTY, MEX, HKG, and PEK, and then longer for codeshare flights.

I assume the SIN is leftover from the SIN-HKG-ORD direct flight.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
OZ to UA MCT at ORD

I didn't realize MCT is airline specific. I am looking at OZ inbound from ICN with connection at ORD to UA mainline domestic. Thanks!
Old May 14, 2018, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Totoro
I didn't realize MCT is airline specific. I am looking at OZ inbound from ICN with connection at ORD to UA mainline domestic. Thanks!
Either 1h30 or 1h40; I'm not sure which override takes precedence.

Code:
STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE    .50  1.15  1.30  1.30
OFFLINE   .50  1.15  1.30  1.30
** OR * ARE ALL
OZ-UA ID  1.30 ALL  - FLT    1 - 2839 
OZ-UA ID  1.30 ALL  - FLT 3160 - 6384 
OZ-** ID  1.40 FLT  236 - ALL  ICN - ALL
Old May 19, 2018, 1:28 pm

Programs: Continental OnePass
Am I reading it correctly that after memorial day the train between terminals won't run until sometime after the winter?

Terminal Transportation - O'Hare International Airport

That makes International-Domestic connection more annoying.
Old May 19, 2018, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by swiftaw
Am I reading it correctly that after memorial day the train between terminals won't run until sometime after the winter?

Terminal Transportation - O'Hare International Airport

That makes International-Domestic connection more annoying.
The last we've heard from our own FT ORD insider is the 24 hours shutdown has been averted.. His last post on it may be found here.

If you look at the flyer linked by the page you posted, it only talks about the overnight shutdown as posted by ords.

If you are still concerned, I would post on this thread in the Midwest forum as it is where ords usually hangs out and posts.
Old May 20, 2018, 12:32 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
There’s a notification about the closure on united.com, so it seems it will be closed after all?
Old May 20, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
There's also a recent tweet from @fly2ohare and an article on the topic dated later than ords post referenced above.
Bummer. Economy parking is now even less attractive.
Old May 20, 2018, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by legalalien
There's also a recent tweet from @fly2ohare and an article on the topic dated later than ords post referenced above.
Bummer. Economy parking is now even less attractive.
Bummer is a much nicer word than I would use. Sounds like they are going to rebuild it from the ground up, or something close to it. Hopefully it will be a lot nicer and more efficient when they are done. From the schedule posted in your link it sounds like it will be form the end of May 2018 all the way through spring 2019.

We'll have to see how big the busses are. I can see people having to wait a bus (or two) in peak demand times if they are too small.
Old May 20, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by cheltzel
I can see people having to wait a bus (or two) in peak demand times if they are too small.
That.

Also traffic between terminals can be really backed up at times, especially at the arrivals level. I wonder if I->D MCT is going to be adjusted up.
Old May 20, 2018, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by legalalien
That.

Also traffic between terminals can be really backed up at times, especially at the arrivals level. I wonder if I->D MCT is going to be adjusted up.
I have a flight departing on TK out of T5 in about a month. I was planning on going up to T1 for the UA Polaris lounge as I will be departing on a *A business class ticket (and taking the airside bus back to T5). Will post back here if there are any issues.

I just realized the shutdown is only effective on weekdays. As I am departing on the weekend I expect I will be able to take the ATS.

Last edited by cheltzel; May 20, 2018 at 9:43 am
Old May 20, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: Continental OnePass
Originally Posted by cheltzel
I have a flight departing on TK out of T5 in about a month. I was planning on going up to T1 for the UA Polaris lounge as I will be departing on a *A business class ticket (and taking the airside bus back to T5). Will post back here if there are any issues.

I just realized the shutdown is only effective on weekdays. As I am departing on the weekend I expect I will be able to take the ATS.
Yeah, its weird that it'll still be running at the weekends, so that means whatever work they are doing it won't actually impact its ability to operate (so they aren't tearing up track for example).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.